Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Parking around Northeastern University Boston?

Does anyone know where to park a bike around Northeastern University on Huntington Avenue? I'll be taking some classes there and just want to know if anybody know of a place bikes are parked safely.

Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

hmmm well for a while they used to let us park along the ruggles T wall, but that ended late season last year with a bunch of tickets so I suggest not there. If you willing to pay, colombus garage has a specific area for motorcycles. Gainsboro st. garage lets people park their motorcycles just inside the entrance. I'm not sure if they charge less for cycles.

Or you can try for some spots on parker st., hemenway, or next to the MFA

There are a few little lots were you can find places to tuck them away. Campus security told me not to park in the lots a few times but never did anything about it. The best one was next to the forsyth building. That was 2 yrs ago though.

As far as safe there's no real good spots. You are either open to vandalizm or theft pretty much everywhere. I think Pete lived over there he can chime in too.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Lifer

Re: Parking around Northeastern University Boston?

Originally posted by chicharone
    Does anyone know where to park a bike around Northeastern University on Huntington Avenue? I'll be taking some classes there and just want to know if anybody know of a place bikes are parked safely.

Thanks
    ride down to rutgers station. go up on the sidewalk take a right directly in front of the building and back the bike against the wall well out of the way. And don't park too closs to my 929 it's got a motion sensor alarm!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

Originally posted by SWEET_Z
    There are a few little lots were you can find places to tuck them away. Campus security told me not to park in the lots a few times but never did anything about it. The best one was next to the forsyth building. That was 2 yrs ago though.

As far as safe there's no real good spots. You are either open to vandalizm or theft pretty much everywhere. I think Pete lived over there he can chime in too.
    I got a ticket parked there before that said the next time it will be towed.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

Originally posted by neuthunder
    hmmm well for a while they used to let us park along the ruggles T wall, but that ended late season last year with a bunch of tickets so I suggest not there. If you willing to pay, colombus garage has a specific area for motorcycles. Gainsboro st. garage lets people park their motorcycles just inside the entrance. I'm not sure if they charge less for cycles.
    There was one asshole that handed out tickets one day last year. I spoke to a few campus saftey and they said that place is fine with them.

Dr Q : Last resort Medic Qfactor's Avatar

I highly recommend parking it in front of Giovani's market on Columbus ave.

there is a street light pole you can chain to as well.

Go in the store and introduce yourself, be nice and they'll watch your bike all day for you.

Q

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Ami blaireau, comme t'es nul au cronos..."

"If your mom's got a schlong, run away, she's not your mom...."

Originally posted by hessogood
    There was one asshole that handed out tickets one day last year. I spoke to a few campus saftey and they said that place is fine with them.
    yea same thing happened to me, the dick was like I dunno who told you this but its going to end, what if you hit someone riding ont he sidewalk? i was completely amazed at the guys idiocy. then he still handed me a friggin ticket

This is very dated information, I graduated in 1997....I used to park for my night classes on the Columbus Avenue side by Ruggles, there's a street by the basketball courts, you park there then you cross the "felony footbridge" and you're on campus.

Not sure if there's anything decent for you to lock the bike to, on one hand it's a bit iffy but on the other hand the whole neighborhood is a tad iffy in terms of theft.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

What about vancouver st? Is that still free parking?

I was not a rider back in school days, but if I recall correctly there are plenty of places to sandwich a bike on the street btwn parallel parking jobs, especially if you are taking night classes, especially in the spring-summer timeframe.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

The columbus garage is probably ur best bet b/c it is free, after that the garage on hemmingway is very m/c friendly and it will be safe in there. Do not park your bike on columbus at night unless you have atleast 2 or 3 locks on it. I used to live in the apartment complex next to Giovanni's and atleast 3 or 4 bikes were stolen right there a few summers ago. i even saw a car get jacked one evening. I would also double check the NU M/C parking permit cost. It was only $35 a year last year.

I go to wentworth, we have motorcycle parking areas in the lot right off of huntington ave. Try to sneek in there.

I went to WIT as well, and here is the secret to being able to park in the lot at the school. This worked for me so, go ahead and try it. Have your GirlFriend sweet talk and make nice with the security officer, then make sure he knows that you are with her then after a few weeks you are golden. Worked for me for like 2 years

Originally posted by l3uddha
    I went to WIT as well... maybe ur forgetting the big booth at the entrance w/ the guy checking stickers & passes. also the fact that the campus police that also happen to be state cop wannabees walk around and ticket cars & bikes all day long. wentworth is BAD news...
    I didn't know you needed a parking pass for a bike. I have one for my car but I never had one for my bike when I rode in.

Lifer

I am bumping this, in hopes of anyone having more recent parking experiences. Are there spots to park around Huntington or Columbus ave?

Went into boston last night, half the bike spots were taken by no parking national grid signts... ended up parking behind the big public library on boylston, no ticket overnight

I'm going to bump this since I have just started working at BU and need to find a place to put my bike for the day.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qfactor View Post
    I highly recommend parking it in front of Giovani's market on Columbus ave.

there is a street light pole you can chain to as well.

Go in the store and introduce yourself, be nice and they'll watch your bike all day for you.

Q
    Yeah but I don't work there anymore.....

I also wouldn't leave my bike parked there over night either... bet bet is to find some kind of lot, and pay up for it if need be. Much cheaper than dealing with a bike that disappeared.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by JPK View Post
    I'm going to bump this since I have just started working at BU and need to find a place to put my bike for the day.
    park in the BU lots. motorcycles are $7.50/week for a parking pass.

- Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

back in my day ('06) I used to just roll my bike up next to the bicycle racks at the metcalf science center and leave it there all day for free...Jeremy (wheelie4boobs) used to park his zx-6r in front of the engineering building door

but my defense was this: boston meter maids couldn't technically ticket you because 1 concrete walkway slab away from the street was BU property (not boston territory anymore) and *technically* it said that bicycles, motorized scooters, and motorcycles should be chained to designated racks on campus in the student handbook