Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

i passed....MSF update

Just Registered

i passed....MSF update

Well, the weekend is over....I passed....what a weekend...I LOVE MOTORCYCLING. I go to dealerships all the time and sit on bikes but yesterday was the first time i had actually ridden one.....i love it...i am hooked...Hi my name is Tim and i have an addiction...

the course was great...i spend the weekend on a nighthawk 250. awesome instructors...they did did a great job of explain the material and show us how to do it...everyone out of my class passed...i only got 5 points taken off my road test for rolling off the throttle in a tight turn...not to bad considering my riding time is currently being measured in hours not miles...the parents were kinda pissed but they are doing better with it, and quite frankly it's my life and my decision.. my dad called me a moron on friday....can't wait to hear what he says when i bring home a bike .....either way i had an awesome weekend, and i think i am hooked....
    P.S. i did manage to get my boot scuffed up in a tight corner and got the pegs down once or twice...only at like 20 mph but everyone's gotta start somewhere!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i passed....MSF update

"Hi Tim!"
    Congrats!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

i passed....MSF update

Welcome to the party!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

i passed....MSF update

awright!

you've passed the point of no return... there's no goin' back, now...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

i passed....MSF update

Congrats!

on and on, south of heaven

Thumbs up Hay! Exited...

Congrats on your achievement and pretty toy.

Never celebrate by drinking and driving.

Also, I beg you not to try to reach scrapes at 150 mph by tomorrow. I understand your enthusiasm, but life is short. Live it to the fullest without taking chances and truncating it.

Ride as much as possible to gain experience with milage and time. That is the best way to get a handle on this sport along with continuous study of related educational media.

Don't race to get up to turbo speeds. It could be the last rush you have. Before you dash off to conquer the byways, check out all the forums and read about the accidents.

Otherwise...Go for it!!!

Allen

Just Registered

i passed....MSF update

my certificate came today...i can;t wait to get a bike.....
    it was ok when i didn't have a license, but now that i have hte license and know the basics fo riding i want to go out and practice and learn more SO badly....

i passed....MSF update

Congrats. Good luck riding and be safe.

i passed....MSF update

I am of the understanding that it is not good to scrape pegs or anything besides your sliders. Doing so means either you are riding improperly or you have your suspension set up incorrectly. I could be wrong. I am sure someone on this board has way more knowlege than me and can either elaborate, or dispell me. Of course on a cruiser bike it is wayyy easy to scrape the pegs, but i assume you will soon be purchasing a sportbike.

If you scrape on your own sport bike at speed, you could disrupt the rear wheel causing you to lose contact with the ground and lowside. Most new sportbikes have feelers on them which helps alleviate this problem, but if you buy used, beware that people tend to cut them off, or unscrew them, leaving only the peg itself to hit.

So just be careful, and also pay attention to what you are doing at all times. Sorry to preach. Just want you to have fun and live long and prosper. Nanoo Nanoo.

It takes money to make money.