Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

How much should I be paying for my first bike?

Re: How much should I be paying for my first bike?

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Kenn lives to hear these words
    yeah...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157 View Post
    That's what she said!

No matter what you get, ride your ride. We'll always wait up for you.
    It's easy to say as a skilled rider, but as someone new, sometimes the feeling that you need to "keep up" overtakes all rational though when you are in a large group. Yes, ride your own ride, but don't go out with a group that exceeds your ability too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    It's easy to say as a skilled rider, but as someone new, sometimes the feeling that you need to "keep up" overtakes all rational though when you are in a large group. Yes, ride your own ride, but don't go out with a group that exceeds your ability too much.
    how do you make that determination? "Exceeds your ability too much"? Unless you start going out of rides.

We all had to start sometime. I've seen a well seasoned rider we all know an love bow out of a ride after hearing the "riders meeting" speech.
    It turned out to be an amazing ride! LOL! Spank the Kank...

We, you and I along with several other members here on NESR belong to a group where we all know each other's ability and feel absolutely safe while riding. I guess I got spoiled not having to second guess any one of my friends ability.

Common sense has to rule, or pay the price.

The Seacoast Rides are a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by coolfir3pwnz View Post
    Hey guys, new member from central CT, living in Orange County, NY (New Windsor.) I got it in my head that I wanted to ride around October of last year and now I can't shake it, haha. Nor do I want to. I'm going the DMV tomorrow to get my permit. I have enough to buy a new 2013 bike outright, but that's a dumb idea. What years/models should I be looking at? How old do you think is too old? Mileage?

I was originally looking at a used 2012 Yamaha FZ6R with 1,700mi on it, but I'd ****ing cry if so much as a scratch happened to it lol.

Thoughts are appreciated, gents and ladies.

Hey man, welcome. Im kind of an up front type guy...so heres what I say...

This thread is 5 pages long. Sweet. I didnt read a single response lol.

Ive been in the bike business in the past and around an MSF school at same location. Lots of bikes, lots of new riders.

Get the class done, buy an older not the newest and latest greatest thing type bike. Something that is specifically for learning on. Keep it for 3 months, ride it and sell it for every penny you spend. Example: SV650, ex500, cb600, any 1990's sportbike.

Then after youve built up just a bit more confidence and skill, spend some money on a bike.

Too many times Ive seen on this very motorcycle board of a new rider buying a fairly new bike, either dropping it or not, putting a few thousand miles on it and then LOW AND BEHOLD, a for sale thread, followed by and total bitch rant about what the bike is worth and oh my God I paid such and such so it should be worth such and such....

Thats when I come in for the gut punch and say 'told ya so'. Dont make me come in for the gut punch.

Last edited by jwm2k3; 02-26-13 at 09:33 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345