Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Perfect day

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Perfect day

Some of my favorite outdoor activities include motorcycling on back roads, boating, hiking, snorkeling and eating. I was recently able to combine all of them into one perfect day.

I left my house early in the morning on a weekday and wended my way north from Raymond to Moultonborough for two hours via some of my favorite back roads including 156, Deerfield Road, 107, Pittsfield Road, Loudon Road, 129, Winona Road, and 113. Once in Moultonborough, I went to friend's house and the two of us took his boat for a nice cruise on Winnipesaukee to the Broads side of Rattlesnake Island. At the island, we tied up at another friend's lake house and climbed the steep incline to the ridge that runs down the length of the island. Rattlesnake Island has the two tallest island peaks on lake. The island is actually a portion of an ancient volcano ring dike that also includes Diamond, Moose, and Ship Islands; and the entire Belknap mountain range. Once on the ridge, we hiked from one end to the other and back on a well-worn and well-marked trail. The views from there are terrific and due to great accidental timing we even got to see the Mount Washington cruise by the island while we were at the highest point.

Perfect day-059-jpg

After the hike, we cruised to Weirs Beach and had a nice outdoor meal at Naswa, then went snorkeling to try and find the wreck of Scamp, a 77 foot cabin cruiser that belonged to the Irwin family that sunk in only 16 feet of water, in Paugus Bay, in the early 1950s.

Here's a video of Scamp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEp7knt7Jr0

We had no luck finding the wreck, but still had fun. After a nice cruise back, we enjoyed a little relaxation and I hit the road for another two hour, back road ride home.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Perfect day

Sounds like a perfect day

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......