Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Performance Cycles - Shrewsbury MA - OOB

truncated phrase here trider143's Avatar

Performance Cycles - Shrewsbury MA - OOB

They are selling off inventory, fixtures, etc. They have 4 shop air lifts for $500 each. See Performance Cycles for those and other examples.

I have no affiliation with this place, except they have done inspections for me in the past. I noticed the shop lifts and am somewhat interested.

(edited to fix ramps->lifts, due to brain fart)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by trider143; 02-23-17 at 07:46 PM.

Re: Performance Cycles - Shrewsbury MA - OOB

Consarnit, I want one of those lifts. The Yamalube shelving is also cool. Too bad I'm four plant hardiness zones away.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

i used to like doing business with these guys a long, long time ago ... you could sense it back then. bummer.

Beta 200RR

Lots of helmets at 50% off.

I'm pretty bummed this place closed. I found out last month. Now there's no Triumph dealer within an hour of me.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Damn. One of those lifts would be sick.

Was holding out for a pneumatic one.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Damn. One of those lifts would be sick.

Was holding out for a pneumatic one.
    They are pneumatic ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    They are pneumatic ones?
    It says air lift, so I'm assuming so.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I wonder what happened? It wasn't long ago that they put on that big addition. It's too bad. I wonder if Motorsports Int'l will pick up the Kawi and Triumph lines?

Hopefully I remember this tomorrow and take a ride over late morning/early afternoon. There are a few things I'd like to grab.

Phil the owner let his daughter run the place and the change was immediate. They let go the guy that ran the shop scheduling. You know when you call a place and you talk to the shop manager you want to hear about money saving ideas or the skinny on an issue. That tribal knowledge was gone. It was replaced with this woman giving you a hard nosed, tight lipped vacant response. Fuck YOU attitude drove away sales like a foul smell on a hooker... Sorry but I'm pissed. The place used to do work on my older bikes and were fair and helpful. They also charged me nominal fee to swap tires back to street skins after a track day. With her in charge she said you had to buy tires from them as it was an insurance issue. It was obvious the place went from supporting the hobby to a greedy establishment.

I went in there one day thinking about that new Thruxton with the fairing on it. Thought about trading my Hyper in on it. Mentioning it to the sales manager he replied that I would take a bath and that I should forget it. It worked out great as I went to Seacoast and took a bath trading it in on the Aprilia Tuono Factory. While the Thrux would have been cool in the garage its no Tuono Factory. It all works out in the end.

BTW tire changes are now something like $80 bucks per wheel at the surrounding dealers. WTF!!!!!

Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    Phil the owner let his daughter run the place and the change was immediate. They let go the guy that ran the shop scheduling. You know when you call a place and you talk to the shop manager you want to hear about money saving ideas or the skinny on an issue. That tribal knowledge was gone. It was replaced with this woman giving you a hard nosed, tight lipped vacant response. Fuck YOU attitude drove away sales like a foul smell on a hooker... Sorry but I'm pissed. The place used to do work on my older bikes and were fair and helpful. They also charged me nominal fee to swap tires back to street skins after a track day. With her in charge she said you had to buy tires from them as it was an insurance issue. It was obvious the place went from supporting the hobby to a greedy establishment.

I went in there one day thinking about that new Thruxton with the fairing on it. Thought about trading my Hyper in on it. Mentioning it to the sales manager he replied that I would take a bath and that I should forget it. It worked out great as I went to Seacoast and took a bath trading it in on the Aprilia Tuono Factory. While the Thrux would have been cool in the garage its no Tuono Factory. It all works out in the end.

BTW tire changes are now something like $80 bucks per wheel at the surrounding dealers. WTF!!!!!

Sad story - Phil must be bummed. Hopefully he can sell the property and recoup some of the loss.

As far as tires go, it's been a long time since I've paid to have them done, so I had no idea how much the price has gone up. $80 is pretty steep. I've been mounting and balancing my own for years. Harbor Freight changer, Mojo blocks, and a NoMar bar work out very nicely.

I actually found a guy that will do it for $20. A Harley shop. Rob Samara's shop on the Millbury/Worcester line right near the Pike exit. He pulled my R1 tire off this past winter and was freaked out by how light the front wheel was. LOL Yup no Harley iron. (So light it was being sent out to get straightened. Damn pot hole on bridge expansion got me last year)

Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post

Couldn't agree more, I started doing street riding business there about 1994 and was very disappointed with my experience there the past 4yrs..........

I think I'm going to ride down today. Anybody from the Noth Shoah interested in a ride?

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

I got there around 2:30 and there were still some deals to be had. I ended up getting a nice textile jacket with a zip-out inner waterproof liner that can be worn as a separate jacket, plus an inner zip-out thermal liner. Plenty of armor and for $145, it was a great deal. They still have a bunch of stuff left and the manager told me that they'll likely do this one more time next Saturday. Keep an eye on their web site or Facebook page for updates.

That sucks....I went there for many years when I grew up in Northborough

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Yea I got the newsletter they were closing. I bought one of my motorcycles from them back in 2012. Was an OK experience at the time. I wanted to give them more business but they had unusual rules (rather not get into it) so I took my business elsewhere. Now the closest dealership is Motorsports International.......

I'm heading there now. I'm a couple hours away though. Hopefully there's something I want lol

Just got back from there. I took my son over to see if they had a helmet that met his needs and fit him. He got an HJC IS-17 for $100. Nice deal!

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

I was a little bummed about how little was left. I did grab a new visor for my helmet and a set of used but mint pazzo levers for my Gsxr... I'm not sure the clutch lever will fit but the brake one will anyways