Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picked a up a new/old duc..

I scored a "01" 748 for 2k.. Its got 41,000 miles on though.. All service records are up to date.. runs like a top..BUT, it looks like shit..its been down twice..I need to piece this bad boy together for next year..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Nice score... especially for 2K... it sounds like a steal.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Lifer

great find!! wish I could find a deal like that. sure you will enjoy it next year

'22 Aprilia rs660
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

yea i think so..It "needs" tires, battery, 42,000 service, and a kickstand to be streetable..Other than that cosmetic shit is needed.. I am probably going to clean it up, and trade it for another bike.. Who knows, I change my mind more than my underwear!?!?

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

i hope you don't plan on replacing any plastic on that thing because when all is said and done, it would have been cheaper to buy a mint 748 instead. Could be a fun track bike though.

*Edit*
    That bike looks familiar. I seem to remember you on the group ride through VT last June 5th and as I recall, you brought a friend that insisted on stunting for most of the day on his red 748.

Might this be your bike and its previous owner (the one in the orange shirt, jeans and loafers)? If so, at least the bike finally has a good home.

Last edited by Ducrappy; 09-04-06 at 09:04 PM.

i have a kickstand you can have for the price of a coffee Its only the kickstand itself no bracket tho

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

Originally posted by Ducrappy
    i hope you don't plan on replacing any plastic on that thing because when all is said and done, it would have been cheaper to buy a mint 748 instead. Could be a fun track bike though.

*Edit*
    That bike looks familiar. I seem to remember you on the group ride through VT last June 5th and as I recall, you brought a friend that insisted on stunting for most of the day on his red 748.

Might this be your bike and its previous owner (the one in the orange shirt, jeans and loafers)? If so, at least the bike finally has a good home.

HAHA good memory! yes that is the one.. My buddy Tim(sir stunt-a-lot) is buying a monster..so he gave up the 748 to me pretty cheap.. I forgot to mention, he included a BUNCH of Brand new carbon fiber parts, and an extra rear wheel with the bike

Carbon:

Upper
    Clutch cover
    front sprocet cover
    levers
    tank pad
    swingarm cover
    rear hugger and chain guard
    heel guards
    bar ends

I could probably sell the carbon stuff, and wheel and pay for half the bike..

btw, I dont plan on buying all new fairings for it..I am ok with used ones.. I dont want to sink more than a grand total into this thing..

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Originally posted by duey
    i have a kickstand you can have for the price of a coffee Its only the kickstand itself no bracket tho
    How much is a coffee plus shipping, to rhode island 02861?

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Damn. I'm sorta itching to get a old style 996/748. That would have been just waht I was looking for..

Where did you find?

Boston --> San Diego

Originally posted by a13x
    Damn. I'm sorta itching to get a old style 996/748. That would have been just waht I was looking for..

Where did you find?
    You must have skipped reading, he bought it off his friend.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Shit. I did miss that.

Sell it to me!!

Trade ya for a cool Hawk (street) and a few bucks.

Boston --> San Diego

ya you could definitely sell off all the carbon stuff, trade the bike in/sell it to Alex and then take the money and get something else.

Nice grab evan, that really doesn't look all that bad for 2K, especially. My main concern with a bike is it's running condition moreso than it's cosmetic, because you can always count on its cosmetic condition to worsen when it comes to bikes imo.

If you can manage to get it where you want for under a grand that's a 748 for 3k, definitely could turn around and make some money on that.

I want a duc to fall into my hands.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

It never got fast enough rebelpacket's Avatar

My suggestion, check the belts right away. Make sure their either the kevlar type, or that you replace them. Also, do the oil, plugs, and check the valve clearances right off the get-go so you know where you stand. An old friend bought a 748, rode it around, and despite my pleadings that he replace the belts first thing, he did not. One of the belts snapped on the highway, and three belt valves later, and about 800$ he was back on the road.

That is a steal at 2K. And it is just cosmetic stuff. Plastics for the Tamborini style SBK's is plentiful. Even with 40K miles, that is a great deal. Congratulations!

They should call Production Twins what it really is, Shitty McBikefest. Rules for Participation: If your bike runs lower laptimes than a lawnmower, you are not eligibile for Shitty McBikefest. -Darrell

Alex Pearsall #121 ESMRA / #512 LRRS

Originally posted by rebelpacket
    My suggestion, check the belts right away. Make sure their either the kevlar type, or that you replace them. Also, do the oil, plugs, and check the valve clearances right off the get-go so you know where you stand. An old friend bought a 748, rode it around, and despite my pleadings that he replace the belts first thing, he did not. One of the belts snapped on the highway, and three belt valves later, and about 800$ he was back on the road.

That is a steal at 2K. And it is just cosmetic stuff. Plastics for the Tamborini style SBK's is plentiful. Even with 40K miles, that is a great deal. Congratulations!
    I wouid love to do that. BUT, when it comes to mechanics, I am a moron..I can build you a house, but I have a hard time changing oil.. Anyone want to check it out for me? I have lots of beer!

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

I wouid love to do that. BUT, when it comes to mechanics, I am a moron..I can build you a house, but I have a hard time changing oil.. Anyone want to check it out for me? I have lots of beer!
    Drop it off at my house. I will be doing the valves on my 748, which will turn out to be a long, arduous process as I have never done it before. But, I feel pretty confident that I can do it with the help of the service manual and all the right tools and parts.

Yeah, I remember that guy on that ride too. Nice to see the bike in good hands.

LRRS#167

good deal, have fun with it whatever you end up doing. I was on that ride as well but with my memory no way i would have put the two together.

Eduardo

JB Weld

Duplicolor Rattle can

Minwax Urethane clear coat

Be happy

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Originally posted by odduc
    Drop it off at my house. I will be doing the valves on my 748, which will turn out to be a long, arduous process as I have never done it before. But, I feel pretty confident that I can do it with the help of the service manual and all the right tools and parts.

Yeah, I remember that guy on that ride too. Nice to see the bike in good hands.
    I may be calling you over the winter then when I attempt my valve service.

This is supposed to be a great resource for most maint including valve service http://www.ducatimonster.us/Merchant...oduct_Count=18

i was on that ride and remember him letting it run when we stopped cause the started was fucked and it wouldn't start again or some shit. i'd would think that he ragged it pretty hard stunting it. if you keep it i would go over the suspension etc.

every time i saw that dude one of the tires was off the ground or he was power sliding it. i thought tim (ducrappy) was going to have a little umm "talk" with him

It never got fast enough rebelpacket's Avatar

Valves on the desmoquattro's are a pain in the butt, but pretty easy when you get used to them. Inspecting them isnt too too bad. But you have to pull camshafts out to replace shims. This means you need to take the belts off as well. You can use the finger twist/5mm trick for that. But getting them on just right is tricky.

Its funny, I'm the complete opposite. I do alright with some metalworking, and I can hold my own in maintenance. But ask me to build a table, and I'll be damned if I can make one thats even close to square.

How about a trade? You help me put in track-lighting for my living room, and I'll do the belts/valves on your new 748?

They should call Production Twins what it really is, Shitty McBikefest. Rules for Participation: If your bike runs lower laptimes than a lawnmower, you are not eligibile for Shitty McBikefest. -Darrell

Alex Pearsall #121 ESMRA / #512 LRRS

Originally posted by rebelpacket
    Valves on the desmoquattro's are a pain in the butt, but pretty easy when you get used to them. Inspecting them isnt too too bad. But you have to pull camshafts out to replace shims. This means you need to take the belts off as well. You can use the finger twist/5mm trick for that. But getting them on just right is tricky.

Its funny, I'm the complete opposite. I do alright with some metalworking, and I can hold my own in maintenance. But ask me to build a table, and I'll be damned if I can make one thats even close to square.

How about a trade? You help me put in track-lighting for my living room, and I'll do the belts/valves on your new 748?
    Unfortunatly, I am a carpenter, my electrical skills are minimal..if you need wires snaked, then tied into a panel , I cant help you there.. I get zapped when I mess with anything more than basic electrical(new switches, outlets, fixtures, etc.) If you need any carpentry done, I can help.. even if its just pointers, shoot me an email I can help..

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

Originally posted by Ecooke21
    How much is a coffee plus shipping, to rhode island 02861?
    cuz i'm lazy, how about this.... mail me a prepaid shipping label and it's yours. PM me for my addy if ur interested.

2021 Ducati Panigale V2
    2020 Honda Grom

Already looking to trade it

Current Toys:

2005 Nissan Titan CC

trade for what???

Interested in an 1989 Jeep Wrangler?

4" Skyjacker suspension lift