Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Plan for today

Plan for today

Well its pissing down and I'm bored. Today is the day to drag the started last Feb streetfighter GPZ project that has been moldering in the back of the garage out to play with and do some more to.
    I'm sure some of you remember this one (possibly from nightmares) just cos of the eyeburning paintjob. If not heres a quick reminder of how it was

I had put on a ZX6e front end and planned to use the same bike for the back

However plans have changed a little and it gonna get a Katana 750 front and rear, I prefer the wheels and the ZX front had a bent fork that I would have to replace.
    Unfortunatley the paint has to stay til everything else is done so I'll be burning my eyes and dieing a lil more every time I do some work to it.

I'm also undecided on wether to use drag bars or clip ons. The bars are true old school fighter but seem to have been stolen by the stunters, clip ons would look good but I'd have to buy a set (so far I've got very little $ into it just using what I had kicking around the garage). Opinions please.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Plan for today

Well got the front and rear end on. Looks like I'm going with sorta clip-ons as I bastardized the stock bars and flipped em (gotta keep it cheap). Playing with bodywork and exhausts now. I also had to douche it with a can of flat black as my eyes had started to bleed 1/2 an hour in. Will post pics as soon as they are approved

With the front and rear on pre-douche. Also tried the muzzy exhaust on it but not sure, that is gonna be one of the last things to worry about.

Heres post douche with it original exhaust on

Cool project! That should be fun when it is done!

Tonight did not seem as productive as yesterday. I got he seat sorta mocked up, still needs work. Most of the wiring is done. I figured a way to mount the clocks and started fiberglassing and bondo'ing the panels. Trimmed the fender and generally pissed about with it
    The worst thing is I've actually gone and spent some money on it now, I bought the Acerbis Cyclops headlight.

I suppose a year in, its time for an update. After selling the Gixxer I was stuck on a Suzuki Savage that was just awful to ride and be seen on. I looked at the GPZ that had sat untouched in the back of garage for almost the full year.
    It was time to bring it back. So rushed it onto the road leaving stuff needing to be done like further smoothing the body and the seat needed more work. It passed inspection and made it up to bike night a week and a half ago and seems to be running well.
    Parts added are 4" drop dog bones for the katana rear end to get it to somewhere reasonable height and steering geometry and flat bars in pro taper risers. Speed is monitored with a bell bicycle computer which does well to around 65-70 where it starts going daft. Last but not least was a set of Shinko stealth 003 tires which are suprisingly good (well I was expecting the traction of a lubricated dog turd).

Not a bad little street fighter you've got there. Nice work!

The transformation is amazing. Nice work!

-
    Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add, I charge double for Kawasaki's

"My God, you're gonna have to cool me down, give me an ice block to shove in my pants or something".
    -Barbecue Lou