Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

planning our honeymoon

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

planning our honeymoon

so as some of you know , im getting married in sept. the subject of the honeymoon came up and i asked her where she wanted to go. at first she wasnt sure. a couple days later she said she wanted to fly out west, rent a bike, and do a tour of the southwest for 2 weeks. this is why i love her.
    mapping routes is my specialty
    so heres what i came up with. plan is to rent a new '14 HD limited and pile on about 3500-4000 miles
    if anyone has any suggestions of roads or things to see/do on or near this route then let me know.

http://mapq.st/RxJGXq

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: planning our honeymoon

when are you doing this? saw you are heading out thru st george and capitol reef area.. if you're passing thru Boulder Utah. I believe that is thru the Escalante Mts. I did that in a car in September and it was snowing/ just be prepared for 30 degree temps possibly lower due to the elevation changes. and elk hunting season starts then. we got sorrounded by a elk herd running acroos the road
    Either way .. it a gorgeous area

little side trip at intersection of 64 and 89 east of grandcanyon head north about 4 miles? Cameron trading post cafe.. great food and sopapillas.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

I did Sedona for our honeymoon. 89a is an absolute must. You can get lost with the scenery out there. There are thousands of miles of dirt roads. It's a paradise for an r1200gs.

Lifer

I'll have some first hand experience with Yosemite and Sequoia in a couple weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    when are you doing this?
    last week of Sept. the temp/weather was def a concern i had. was kinda hoping for the best
    Quote Originally Posted by r1dermon View Post
    I did Sedona for our honeymoon. 89a is an absolute must. You can get lost with the scenery out there. There are thousands of miles of dirt roads. It's a paradise for an r1200gs.
    i lived in phoenix for 8 years. im very familiar with the 89A corridor.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

If you want to take some out and add some further east into NM I have some stuff for you but it would add a bit more. Going through the Jemez and up to Los Alamos and over to Taos is some amazing stuff. you could push that south leg of AZ over more and do that but mid NM is a little boring unless you want to see the Trinity site and the VLA.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Brian...looks pretty awesome. I would definately extend your Utah Route north to MOAB. Plan on a couple days. Explore Arches - hike to Delicate Arch for sunset. Then, rent a jeep and do the Schaefer Canyon/Potash Trail and Canyon lands. I guess I'd also forgoe some of AZ and go ahead up to Grant Teton and Yellowstone. Spend a night at "Yellowstone Under Canvas. Whatever you do, it will be freekin great!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Congrats! I am also getting married in September and my fiancé also suggested a motorcycle honeymoon. We are getting married in upstate NY and taking our tiger down to Asheville, NC via the Blueridge parkway, stopping and looking at everything interesting on the way. We're taking two weeks total. Good luck with your trip!

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler955 View Post
    Congrats! I am also getting married in September and my fiancé also suggested a motorcycle honeymoon. We are getting married in upstate NY and taking our tiger down to Asheville, NC via the Blueridge parkway, stopping and looking at everything interesting on the way. We're taking two weeks total. Good luck with your trip!
    i suggested that but she wasnt having it LOL.
    so far the points of interest that she was interested in
    aquarium in monterey
    grand canyon
    4 corners
    PCH

i just made it interesting.