Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Pocketbiker killed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Pocketbiker killed

No helmet at 35mph? Damn right you can die.

I'm glad the family is harassing the congressman about the police misconduct. Next time the cops have to ignore a pocketbiker who later gets killed because he was riding down a public street, that will be the cops fault too. Make everything the cops fault! Don't hold anyone responsible for their own moronic actions that has caused their own death!

In fact, why don't I blame cops for not pulling me over before I got into an accident. They should have known!

People make me sick....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Pocketbiker killed

"It's messed up. Something is very fishy about this," said Millissa Nelson, 17. "If you fall or flip up, you'll break your arm or your ribs, but you just don't die."
    So let me get this straight... these people think that having your unprotected head hit a solid object at 35 MPH won't kill you???!!!???

No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Mike
    CBR 1000 RR
    CBR 600 F4

Pocketbiker killed

Sorry for the loss but screw the family. He was an idiot for not wearing a helmet. He was an idiot for not stoping when the police tried to pull him over. The police did not casue the accident, his stupid actions and lack of gear on an illigal bike casued the accident. The gene pool is getting a little thin out there.

I'm off the soap box now.

96' Honda VFR

Get out and ride, NOW!!!

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by cyberxen
    So let me get this straight... these people think that having your unprotected head hit a solid object at 35 MPH won't kill you???!!!???
    You're questioning what this 17 year old girl is saying because it sounds dumb. Look at her name she can't even spell melissa right.

Pocketbiker killed

Pomar was tooling around on his red GS Moon model near his house about 3 a.m. when cops in an unmarked car spotted him, police said.
    I find in humorous that the NY Daily News uses the phrase tooling around when they describe the incident. Clearly the police are not at fault here, the kid saw the po-po and ran, the 5-0 did nothing wrong.

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Lifer

Pocketbiker killed

Damn... we really lost a winner there.

Amazing someone would try to question the police when someone with such a shady record was obviously doing something really stupid.

Ben

Lifer

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    Hey that's pigeon-holing!

bemused would be disappointed in you.

Ever seen a pigeon living in a hole?

I thought they lived in nests.

Ben

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by Preston
    Sorry for the loss but screw the family. He was an idiot for not wearing a helmet. He was an idiot for not stoping when the police tried to pull him over. The police did not casue the accident, his stupid actions and lack of gear on an illigal bike casued the accident. The gene pool is getting a little thin out there.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. Sad to say, but this case is closed in my world. This moron was his own worst enemy.

see ya,
    DJD

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by benVFR
    Ever seen a pigeon living in a hole?

I thought they lived in nests.

Ben
    ever see a baby pigeon?

back to the topic..ya these guys are idiots me and vincef2 saw like 7 or 8 of them riding down a busy main road in Milford just like 10 minutes ago...but don't worry they were safe. Some of them had on those brain bucket harley helemts... you know the *wink* *wink* DOT approved ones..

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by bigred875
    ever see a baby pigeon?

back to the topic..ya these guys are idiots me and vincef2 saw like 7 or 8 of them riding down a busy main road in Milford just like 10 minutes ago...but don't worry they were safe. Some of them had on those brain bucket harley helemts... you know the *wink* *wink* DOT approved ones..
    Ya pretty much causing traffic to stop to get around them....

Only a matter of time before they ruin it for themselves and everyone else... The more attention they get... the more regulated they will become...

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by Preston

The gene pool is getting a little thin out there.

Some times that's a good thing.... less bad DNA to spread around.

But seriously,
    It was just a matter of time before something like this happened, I feel sorry for the family, but the kid's parents have to take responsiblity for their kid... they had to know what he was doing and that he didn't wear a helmet... you can't always blame the cops for everything that goes wrong... IMO

Life is full of curves...just lean into them!!!

High maintenance priss

Pocketbiker killed

MAN, these stories really burn me.

This is from the lawyer for the family: "I want to know why [the police] had to engage in a chase that leads to one's death if he's not wearing a helmet. It's at least reckless and poor judgment."

Reckless? To chase someone who is doing something illegal? I suppose not wearing a helmet and running from a police officer is good judgement.

I HATE when people don't claim simple responsibility...its everyone else's fault except yours. Riiiiiight. They should be shot.

Lifer

Pocketbiker killed

My sorrows for the families loss. That said....

It's nice to see the first thing the family does is blame the police. Their lawyer will probably file a law suit and get "pain and suffering". Idiots.... And, BTW, why did he already have a lawyer, because he was a F**KING CRIMINAL!!!!!

Jesus tap dancin' Christ, isn't it about time people start to take responsibility for their own actions??? Who put him on the damn thing in the first place? Who told him not to wear a helmet? Who told him to run from the police? My guess is it wasn't the police, so why should they be held responsible because the idiot made bad choices????

Sorry for the rant, it just seems the dumber and less responsible you are the more you can blame other people when bad things happen to you...

Last edited by SSearchVT; 07-30-04 at 03:32 PM.
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    My sorrows for the families loss. That said....

It's nice to see the first thing the family does is blame the police. Their lawyer will probably file a law suit and get "pain and suffering". Idiots.... And, BTW, why did he already have a lawyer, because he was a F**KING CRIMINAL!!!!!

Jesus tap dancin' Christ, isn't it about time people start to take responsibility for their own actions??? Who put him on the damn thing in the first place? Who told him not to wear a helmet? Who told him to run from the police? My guess is it wasn't the police, so why should they be held responsible because the idiot made bad choices????

Sorry for the rant, it just seems the dumber and less responsible you are the more you can blame other people when bad things happen to you...

His family's position is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully they'll come to their senses after their emotions run their course. I doubt it, though, as I'm sure their lawyer has told them that they're in for quite the settlement. No surprise, really, that 9 out of every 10 lawyers in the world live in the U.S.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

Pocketbiker killed

I don't take everything I read for what it looks like it says.

the problem I see here is the counsilman.. he didn't have to make such a big deal.

I see a different senario,

councilman has problem with PD
    sees chance to make a big deal
    make it look in media like he is looking out for his constituents

I don't buy it, family can't be that stupid unless they were coached by councilman

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Pocketbiker killed

So what do they expect the police to do?
    "Stop! Or I'll say Stop again!"
    Dumb fucks...

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by TheIglu
    No helmet at 35mph? Damn right you can die.

I'm glad the family is harassing the congressman about the police misconduct. Next time the cops have to ignore a pocketbiker who later gets killed because he was riding down a public street, that will be the cops fault too. Make everything the cops fault! Don't hold anyone responsible for their own moronic actions that has caused their own death!

In fact, why don't I blame cops for not pulling me over before I got into an accident. They should have known!

People make me sick....

oh come on Clay....this guy was an upstanding citizen and a community asset...Of course he didn't run or do ANYTHING wrong.....

What a fuckin douche. Run from the police at 35 on a pocketbike without a helmet and having a suspended license and car theft. Of course it was the police's fault. they must have been harassing him or something. You know...probably beat him first too....Fuck that guy.

Bras cause cancer.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Pocketbiker killed

Originally posted by Jankster
    So what do they expect the police to do?
    "Stop! Or I'll say Stop again!"
    Dumb fucks...

that's what I yell...well....that's really all I can yell

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

Sad part is....

The especially sad part is that the police will, in all most likely, end up paying some sort of "annoyance value" claim to the family, particularly if there is already a lawyer involved.

I work at a law firm where we do a considerable amount of personal injury work, and the fact is that cases like this one usually end in the police's insurance agency paying these folks to shut up. All because this kid had to try and outrun the cops at 3AM (because people on unregistered motorcycles at 3AM dont draw any attention to themselves.....), to save himself some trouble with his parole officer.

There are plenty of cops who do stupid things - but lets not pin the ones doing their job with that label.

Re: Sad part is....

Hey Highsider:
    How do I get an "annoyance value" claim from your Ghey bike?
    lol -Suf Daddy thread Hi-jacker......now back to your regularly scheduled Po Po discussion.

Originally posted by highsider
    The especially sad part is that the police will, in all most likely, end up paying some sort of "annoyance value" claim to the family, particularly if there is already a lawyer involved.

Suf Daddy.

POT HOLE

Now I read the story.

The kid hit a pot hole and wrecked.
    NYC claim.
    Just my $0.02 -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Pocketbiker killed

as far as the guy that died, sorry but you should have wore a lid and not ran.

As for the family blaming the police it all boils down to accountability, and there seems to be less and less of that these days. Its a sad place where our society is going, a sad place