Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Policewoman driver kills biker

Policewoman driver kills biker

This is old news but recently found the following
    The police department have decided not to prosecute the woman meaning she will get off free. The police are watching out for their own, I hope the bikers would do the same.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new..._tragic_biker/

The following page has been set up to garner support.

http://www.facebook.com/JusticeForDavidBartholomew

My sincere condolences to the family of the rider David Bartholomew.
    I had personally stopped using cell phones while driving cages years back. This shit has got to stop.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Policewoman driver kills biker

Sickening. "Liked" the FB page.

I would like to see some accident details, though - was she on the wrong side of the road, turn into coming traffic, etc?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Evadd; 03-05-13 at 08:30 AM.

That's outrages. Call it double standard. It is funny how some people commented on the article's page that prosecution won't bring him back.

That being said, hypocrysy aside, I believe that most everyone here talked on the phone while driving. That's a big no, no...and everyone should know that.

As it turns out I bought a car with integrated bluetooth...it came as an included feature but whatta change...answering calls with the touch of a button in my steering wheel while eliminating any distractions in that regard...now that's nice.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

and more importantly:

My sincere condolences to David's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
    Sickening. "Liked" the FB page.

I would like to see some accident details, though - was she on the wrong side of the road, turn into coming traffic, etc?
    Some details here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hone--lap.html

She was on the phone talking to her gal pal. Also if you click on the article above, there is a picture of her all smiles upon her arrival at the court for hearing. The callousness of the system is what is so off putting to me. A man, father, son, husband is dead and they are just going to brush it off. This shouldn't happen in the first world at least.

"When interviewed by police, Miss Carpenter repeatedly lied and said she was not on her phone.
    She later said she briefly took a call before admitting she had been on the phone for the entire journey, but had had it on the loudspeaker in her lap.

Experienced motorcyclist Mr Bartholomew, 54, of Bere Regis, Dorset, was riding his Honda CBF1000 east along the A31 at 7.20am on March 20 last year when Miss Carpenter – who was off-duty – pulled out of a side road in Ferndown to go west in her Peugeot 206.

Witnesses said no one had been breaking the speed limit, but Miss Carpenter, of Colehill, Wimborne, said she had not seen Mr Bartholomew until the collision."

repeatedly lied and then lied again oh but now I'll tell the truth...

Bullshit.

Sam

Lifer

my company is trying to get me to move to england. my excuse for not moving almost always revolves around me not wanting to deal with the police situation. between the cameras, strict enforcement and things like this make me grateful im not over there on a regular basis.
    that pic of the fat whale smiling is pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    my company is trying to get me to move to england. my excuse for not moving almost always revolves around me not wanting to deal with the police situation. between the cameras, strict enforcement and things like this make me grateful im not over there on a regular basis.
    that pic of the fat whale smiling is pretty bad too.
    The situation is no different in England than here when it comes to the police looking out for their own. The cameras are no different the the State cops sat at the side of the road with their radar guns if you aren't speeding they don't bother you!
    That said, the police woman should have been locked up for what she did.