Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

HELP!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

I have a 2002 NINJA ZX9r and I had a jet kit installed about a week ago. All of a sudden when i am riding the but chuggs. like it is running out of gas. If i try to hit it and take off it boggs out and then takes off and then boggs out again. I drain all of the fuel lines, tank, replaced fuel filter, check to make sure all jets were tight and check carb bowl for any debris. all of the slides are working uniformly and correctly. The bike has 12,000 miles on iit with original plugs. I am going to change them tomorrow and replace the fuel pump with another one. I am going crazy trying to figure out what could be wrong. the fuel seems to be pumping fine. please help.
    thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

HELP!!!!!!

I'd bring it back to the guy who installed the jet kit.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

help

I did and he looked at a few minor things but he can't look at it until late next week which sucks cause it cost me $365. I am trying everything to get the weekend in.

HELP!!!!!!

So w/ stock jets, it runs fine, you put new jets in, nothing else changes, and now it runs shitty? 2 + 2 = 4?

HELP!!!!!!

Sounds like the new jets are feeding too much fuel. Now it can't breathe. More air or less fuel.

Workload for sale. Job sale possibility. Caretaker needed for housework and entertaining kids. I need some time back.

A steady job and a family has ruined many a good biker.

help

the problem is it ran fine for about 750 miles and then all of a sudden it is running like shit.

HELP!!!!!!

If that is the case, check all of your vacuum lines. Weird things can happen when they clog up.

Re: help

Originally posted by iwannaride
    the problem is it ran fine for about 750 miles and then all of a sudden it is running like shit.
    Where did you have the work done at? Sounds like the same problem i had with my 1998 R1 just after having a jet kit installed. Mine ran fine for about a week and wouldn't you know it, the carbs all slid out of the un-tighted intake boots The shop was Atlantic Motorsports, Mike Fargnoli was the owner/mechanic

Yamaha

HELP!!!!!!

No kidding....
    I had the same exact thing happen to my old '79 CB750F. Only difference is that "I" was the knucklehead that didn't tighten the boots well enough and the carbs came unseated. It caused the same exact surge/bog ting you are having.

I Dance With Will

HELP!!!!!!

Originally posted by JeffL
    So w/ stock jets, it runs fine, you put new jets in, nothing else changes, and now it runs shitty? 2 + 2 = 4?
    2 X 2 is also 4.

"fuckit!"

HELP!!!!!!

did that price they charged you include the kit and labor?

Man i was thinking about one too. Hope all is well but i would def make the guy fix it.

Good Luck

help

The kit included the kit and labor. I took the carbs apart and droped the c-clip down two slots to richen it up. Reason for soing so is my pipe was white inside. So after doing so it ran awsome until it hit third gear on the highway then it started bucking again. i am going to go down to the last setting and then i give up. If that does not fix it then its going back tomorrow. i can't afford it to pay a shop if it had nothing to do with him so i am checking all i can myself