Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Kart racing results

Just Registered

Kart racing results

Hey Everyone,
    I've been fighting some computer gremlins so I haven't be posting, but here is my karting results. The first race was on Oct 15th at Lime rock on their autocross course and was run by Jonah Schwarts Endurance Karting. www.endurancekarting.com. Let me begin my saying that Jonah runs and extremely professional and extremely fun event. The karts are all tuned before each race so that you are racing on skill not on whether you got a good or a bad kart. The race was a 6 hour endurance race. My team and I (4 drivers) finished 495 laps. I can't wait to run another of Jonah's events. They are just that good. The racing was awesome...There were some beginner teams that were no competition, but there was also some seriously fast professional teams. I had never raced at lime rock, so the two practice sessions I ran on friday were helpful. However it was raining heavily and the kart with slick tires and rear brakes, had no grip and was very difficult to handle, lots of throttle steering. Jonah's events are all class based racing. We were in the GT1 class (under 1 years experience). We won our class by a lap and finished 4th overall on the heels of 3 professional teams. Turns 2 & 3 of lime rock are amazingly difficult. They are downhill, off camber, decreasing radius turns...which is about the hardest combination of factors.. Oh yeah and they are blind. You can't see through them until you are in them...so if someone has spun out and you don't see the corner worker waving the yellow flag, you could be in some trouble...After a few laps I got a little comfortable and was setting my self up really nicelly in 3 so that I could make a bunch of passes in 4. I will run as may races as I can afford next year at lime rock...

Race 2 was last weekend at F1 outdoors in East Bridgewater MA. This was a 3 hour endurance race and we had 3 drivers (all from my Lime rock Team) The race was supposed to be saturday. We got there jumped in our randomly selected kart and ran the qualifiying session in the rain. F1 is notorious for have bad karts. Our motor felt pretty good and we had some nice sticky front tires and it the rain handled quite well. We were on top of the world when we qualified 1st. Then the race was postponed till sunday because of the rain. We were upset, but came back sunday and kicked butt. I started the race (Le Mans style) and got an awesome start. We took a two kart lead right off the bat and only relinquished it due to pit stops. Like at lime rock, this was my first time at this track and my teammates were thrilled with my performance and how quickly I picked up the track(running only a few tenth's off their times...F1's track is awesome. If they could get their Karts dialed in better, they would be the leader in karting around here. I have lots of pics i am going to try to up load. All in all I am loving kart racing and can't wait to race in Florida on 12/3..

One final note, i have a 1.5 hour race on Nov 16th at F1 Boston in Braintree...if anyone wants to come and watch..That race is the finals of the corporate challenges and should be pretty difficult..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Kart racing results

It sounds like you're doing great with it. Its great to see that you've been keeping busy and having fun as well. Post some pics up already

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye