Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Precision HD's new Rider Program

Re: Precision HD's new Rider Program

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Right back atcha.

This article went one to note that HD and BMW owners had the highest customer satisfaction - an emotional, not quantitative measure.
    'Data adjusted' (for ANY reason) makes me wanna toss that entire chart out the window...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FalArAk View Post
    What makes the Harley Davidson "culture" more fun ?
    I think you should sign up for this boot camp, find out for us, and report back. Hey, there's free food!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Just so I understand: While a great deal of Harley owners berate & belittle foreign sportbike owners based on perceived and inaccurate notions, it's entirely unacceptable for us to return the sentiment? Do I have that correct?
    Acceptable or not, belittling anything or anyone based on "perceived and inaccurate notions" is pretty dumb.

Belittle Harleys based on real and accurate notions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I'd put a VTX 1300 up against a road king in any category except "'merica" value.

C'mon, let's be real here. Who has really looked around a Harley and seen how they are made? I mean the stuff that's hidden behind the poor quality chrome.
    poor quality chrome ?

if there is one thing that Harley leads the market in, its fit and finish

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I think he just meant any kind of cork sniffery by the hand assembled thing.
    There is nothing wrong with cork sniffery, as long as those sniffing the corks aren't acting like douche bags and looking down on others enjoying the same sport.

Some people buy a painting for a hundred thousand dollars and hang it on a wall. Some buy antique furniture. Some collect stamps. Some people like hand assembled engines and matte cinammon wood trim. Some people like chrome and tassles. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 04-13-13 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    There is nothing wrong with cork sniffery, as long as those sniffing the corks aren't acting like douche bags and looking down on others enjoying the same sport.

Some people buy a painting for a hundred thousand dollars and hang it on a wall. Some buy antique furniture. Some collect stamps. Some people like hand assembled engines and matte cinammon wood trim. Some people like chrome and tassles. Whatever floats your boat.
    I'm on board with this.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

Most of the guys I know who ride a Harley do not see it as a "sport," they see it as a way if life.

Lifer

Most I know that ride cruisers ride them because they are fun. Most I know that bought Harleys bought them because they are damned nice cruisers.

I only know one Harley owner that bought because of the 'lifestyle'. And she hardly ever rides.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Right back atcha.

This article went one to note that HD and BMW owners had the highest customer satisfaction - an emotional, not quantitative measure.

I think this thread only has legs because it's raining and 37 degrees.
    Yup!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO
    Wirelessly posted

I'd put a VTX 1300 up against a road king in any category except "'merica" value.

C'mon, let's be real here. Who has really looked around a Harley and seen how they are made? I mean the stuff that's hidden behind the poor quality chrome.
    poor quality chrome ?

if there is one thing that Harley leads the market in, its fit and finish
    Randy. You're right 99% of the time. This time you are way, WAY off the mark.

I have spent thousands of hours inside a Harley dealership, in the service department. Neither fit NOR finish are anywhere near metric standards.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman
    You are assuming those brands that elicit the most loyalty and "culture" don't make great products and that people only buy them to improve their self worth. Haven't heard a more dumb or arrogant statement recently./.
    Right back atcha.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    A

Yes, we should rise above the lowest common denominator and be more broad minded than them because we are a lot smarter than them, are better riders than them and made much better decisions about everything in our lives than they did.

Most people try to make themselves feel better about their choices, often by denigrating someone else's different choices.

Here's a novel theory, if you are willing to head out into a world full of mindless texting cagers on a motorcycle, you're good in my book and I feel no reason to create some hierarchy of bike choices.
    That tells me two things I already know.

1. BMW owners are picky whiny bastards who think their bike is worth twice as much as when they bought it and they spend hours looking for stuff to complain to the dealer about (generalization, based in personal experience. Of course I know many BMW owners not like this also, but it is a BMW owner trait). I'd like to see the reported bike problem divided into "actual problem" and "I thought I heard a funny noise and the guys on ADVRider scared me to hell with horror stories"

2. BMW are the most open and honest company when it comes to recalls. Their attitude is one of cooperation with the DOT rather than trying to duck out of recalls like a certain couple of manufacturers. Recall=visit to dealer and somewhat unhappy customer.

Lifer

I have seen Suzuki dodge recalls, personally.

I still think you guys bash HD excessively.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba
    Most I know that ride cruisers ride them because they are fun. Most I know that bought Harleys bought them because they are damned nice cruisers.

I only know one Harley owner that bought because of the 'lifestyle'. And she hardly ever rides.
    You know a skewed cross section then. May be regional of course.

From my experience (and I trained hundreds of Harley riders) they have blinkered vision and they have the opinion that Harley's are far superior to anything else. Any bike I showed up on at the HD dealership to run the MSF class brought nothing but mindless derision from the customers at the dealership. Honda, Ducati, Suzuki, anything.

I'm not a cruiser fan and HD doesn't make much else.
    I've read too many articles from people who ride Victory now that bash HD.
    It's tempting to put HD in the same bucket as the movie Titanic.
    Sometimes it's easy not to like something because EVERYONE else is like OMG THIS IS GREAT, but when you finally get around to it, you're like meh?

They look nice and I like the way the sound, so I like it when someone else drops the money on them .

Wirelessly posted

You know a skewed cross section then. May be regional of course.

From my experience (and I trained hundreds of Harley riders) they have blinkered vision and they have the opinion that Harley's are far superior to anything else. Any bike I showed up on at the HD dealership to run the MSF class brought nothing but mindless derision from the customers at the dealership. Honda, Ducati, Suzuki, anything.
    I never get crap for riding non hd to my classes.

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post
    I never get crap for riding non hd to my classes.
    Not one person has ever busted your stones? Shenanigans.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

No one has seriously given me a hard time. Some ribbing here and there but nothing like what the others are talking about

I agree, I just wanted to point out that I thought it was funny re:pointing out culture rather than say anything about the actual ride, I didnt mean for it to blow up and everyone to get so touchy.

Harley is deffinately in the marketing business, but I think other companies could learn from them. The dealership near me has all the bikes ride prepped and will let you take any bike you wamt out for a test drive
    Try that at ur local metric multi dealer and they will give you excuses and treat you like your a criminal or hooligan for asking to test out a 10000+ investment before you buy!! Also the effort to get mew riders is great.

I also went to a dicati demo where they sold the culture pretty hard with umbrella models and video presentations before the ride.

The big bikes victory and the japanese bike makers do make better cruisers and tourers, but the sportster is unique to Harley. A shadow 750 and vulcan 900 are low and wide, the sportster is taller and narrow and I wish there were more small narrow cruisers like this. I mean a twin motor and most are fatter than inline 4 bikes. It makes no sense.

Last edited by Tunertype; 04-13-13 at 03:48 PM.

Chips, Dips, chains and whips?

Who the fuck cares, most Harley owners are so into the brand they hate anyone that rides sans Harley patches and tassels. They are fucking idiots and giving them any credo just feeds into the culture. I don't care what you ride as long as you aren't a dbag, Harley owners obviously never read darwin but they obviously don't care about their children or wives,. It's their life to live as they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Who the fuck cares, most Harley owners are so into the brand they hate anyone that rides sans Harley patches and tassels. They are fucking idiots and giving them any credo just feeds into the culture. I don't care what you ride as long as you aren't a dbag, Harley owners obviously never read darwin but they obviously don't care about their children or wives,. It's their life to live as they choose.
    Stereotype much?

Stereotype much?
    Just an observation I've witnessed over the years, I don't give a shit about being pc I call it like I see it.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

You guys are brutal. We've done a couple of those boot camps. The women like them. They get a bunch of info and get to participate in a few activities like learning how to pick up a bike off the ground and a machine similar to a dyno that they call a jump start. They get to get on a bike, start it and ride through the gears without the fear of crashing. Is it marketing? Yup. Does it work? Yup. What has the big 4 done to get your girlfriend interested in riding? Nothing.
    If the big 4 are so much better then why does their warranty suck?
    Why are they all but worthless after 5 years?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely a fan of HD but they pay my bills and ill give credit where credit is due. They build a decent product and their factory support is unmatched.
    You know what you don't see? HDs being traded in for a VTX. We've taken in 4 VTXs in 2013 already. In 1300 and 1800. You want to compare a VTX to a road king? The road king wins. And Im not even a fan of road kings. Better seat, ergos, air suspension, cruise, saddlebags, and a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. Ya...ill take a road king.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I've also observed an equally stupid amount of non Harley owners through my years. I've also observed a lot of Harley owners that take riding seriously. There are morons on both sides. Don't see the point in bashing one or the other. Doesn't make you better than they are.

I've also observed an equally stupid amount of non Harley owners through my years. I've also observed a lot of Harley owners that take riding seriously. There are morons on both sides. Don't see the point in bashing one or the other. Doesn't make you better than they are.
    I agree but I'm still in the camp that most Harley owners are dbags until they prove themselves otherwise.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast