Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Providence PD in altercation with dirt bike riders on city streets.

Providence PD in altercation with dirt bike riders on city streets.

Two rookie Providence police officers trying to stop men from riding dirt bikes on the sidewalks in the Silver Lake neighborhood said they were attacked by a crowd and hit with a metal bike stand.

2 rookie Providence cops hurt in melee over dirt bikes - News - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Re: Providence PD in altercation with dirt bike riders on city streets.

them 12 o'clock boys at it again!

Typical dirt rider...

Lifer

"Pompey's lengthy criminal record goes back two decades and includes multiple charges of assault, drug possession and license violations. He was out on bail on a domestic-assault charge."

The above described the 41 year old who assaulted the police.

Resist a lawful order, assault two police officers, the crowd joins in against the police and not a shot fired by either rookie officer and an arrest made.

I hope the perp at least bumped his head on the door frame of the cruiser while being placed into custody.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Two rookie Providence police officers trying to stop men from riding dirt bikes on the sidewalks in the Silver Lake neighborhood said they were attacked by a crowd and hit with a metal bike stand.
    Sounds more like coked up asshole with long record assaults cops, who happens to own off road vehicle. It's kind of weird how you don't get the same reputation as a music listener if they were responding to a noise complaint about loud music.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I hope the perp at least bumped his head on the door frame of the cruiser while being placed into custody.
    What's wrong with jail after trial? Not enough?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

Lifer

Yeah, another trip to the pokey will change his outlook and rehabilitate him.

I'm not chasing you down this rabbit hole, but no, I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if he accidentally slipped and hit his head on the way into the cruiser.

Yeah, another trip to the pokey will change his outlook and rehabilitate him.

I'm not chasing you down this rabbit hole, but no, I wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if he accidentally slipped and hit his head on the way into the cruiser.
    Police brutality is bad. Even if the victim is himself a bad person, that does not justify it.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

BPD posted the following last Wednesday:

Boston Police Initiate Crackdown on Illegal Operation of Recreational Vehicles Beginning Weekend of May 14th

In response to growing community complaints, the Boston Police Department in collaboration with several outside agencies including the MA Environmental Police, will initiate a substantial crackdown on the reckless and illegal operation of unregistered motor scooters, dirt bikes, and recreational vehicles.

In the upcoming weekends in May, officers will conduct major operations inside the city to stop, ticket, and/or arrest those operating the above vehicles in a manners that cause danger and disturbance to Boston communities. Officers will direct their patrols and enforcement to neighborhoods that have elicited substantial complaints in the past, including but not limited to Roxbury, Mattapan, Dorchester, Jamaica Plain, and the South End.
    The cops can't win. If they don't respond to the complaints, they get more complaints. If they step up patrols, it's "Overpolicing" or profiling. I've seen as many as a dozen bikes and 3-4 ATV's out around Franklin Park.

triangle stand?!

cops got jumped...punk ass deserved it

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Hopefully that and not a rear stand

Guy sounds like a real piece of work. Shame that we would have half as many regulations/laws if people weren't creating reasons for them. But the comments on that article (not here) kind of make my stomach turn. People are like rabid animals, jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Guy sounds like a real piece of work. Shame that we would have half as many regulations/laws if people weren't creating reasons for them. But the comments on that article (not here) kind of make my stomach turn. People are like rabid animals, jesus...
    My favorite so far: "41 and this guy is riding a dirt bike around. Time to take up tennis"

Here's a persuasive one:

DISGRACEFUL NO RESPECT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT IT HAS GOT TO STOP THAT'S WHY EVERYONE IS VOTING TRUMP AND GETTING RID OF THESE LIBERAL POLITICIANS WHO HAVE BROUGHT ABOUT THIS LACK OF RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY,BY ALLOWING THE RIGHTS OF A FEW TO DOMINATE AND THE RIGHTS OF THE MAJORITY IS LOST, WITH THUGS, SANCTUARY CITIES AND UNDOCUMENTED REFUGEES. TAKE AMERICA BACK AND MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN VOTE TRUMP!
    Must be a Providence Public Schools grad.....

Last edited by Garandman; 05-14-16 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Police brutality is bad. Even if the victim is himself a bad person, that does not justify it.

PhilB
    I would agree however if one is already tangled up with law enforcement then you get what's coming next. Don't be a fuckboy and there won't be the risk of being roughed up by law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    I would agree however if one is already tangled up with law enforcement then you get what's coming next. Don't be a fuckboy and there won't be the risk of being roughed up by law enforcement.
    Well, no. This isn't supposed to be a fascist police state. The police have rules and procedures and an "escalation of force" ladder. The police are supposed to respect the rights of all the people, including the suspects -- that's part of their job. Full due process is due to any person before being punished; the cops do not have the right or the authority to mete out punishments whenever they feel like it. Any policeman who can't do his job properly shouldn't be doing it.

PhilB

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by PhilB; 05-14-16 at 09:13 PM.
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

Don't be a fuckboy and there won't be the risk of being roughed up by law enforcement.
    1) Most people intentionally being fuckboys are either so numb to it from prior beatdowns or so messed up on drugs or alchohol that a beat down won't do a damn thing to teach them a lesson, but if caught on video or by witnesses, a police beatdown may allow them to cash in by suing everyone involved. When that happens, the cop gets "punished" with paid leave, and we the taxpayers foot the bill for that plus any settlement or award. Even when it doesn't, cops are paid to do a job and follow the laws in doing it. Clint Eastwood is fiction and I DONT believe that not being a fuckboy insulates people 100% from cops unjustly roughing them up, in places where that kind of police behavior is tolerated...at all.

2) A significant-enough percentage of those being beat down did NOT rationally and consciously decide to be fuckboys, thereby "deserving" a beat down...they are mentally ill, or having a psychotic episode, or acting out of fear, or actually didn't do shit, etc.

3) public tolerance, or encouragement(!), of cops overstepping their bounds makes occurrences of both 1 and 2 more likely going forward.

So the solution is let's continue to remove how officers can be effective at taking a resisting suspect down and pretty soon they won't be allowed to throw stuffed animals at them.

It's like the little brother who will bug the shit out of you because he knows there aren't any consequences. That is what you guys are approaching with your comments.

Are there any other tools or resources you'd like to take away from law enforcement so they can do their job properly and in accordance with the expectations of the members of NESR?

It has nothing to do with expectations of NESR. It has everything to do with the criminal justice system: sentencing is handed out after a suspect is successfully prosecuted for a crime.

You can argue that sentencing guidelines aren't strict enough to deter the fuckboys from their fuckery, that's fair enough. Cops handing out beat downs that fall outside of their rules of engagement and escalation of force is wrong, period.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Also I'd like to add (and not directed at Bergs in any way) that I find it extremely ironic that the typical humans arguing that it's OK for the cops whip someone's ass are the same conservatives who claim to be strict constitutionalists.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

bump his head on the way into the cruiser = "whip someone's ass" ?

We've gone from a putting a little egg on the perp's head to a jackbooted fascist police state whipping citizen's asses in less than 20 posts!

this is why it is a rabbit hole...

Last edited by SteveM; 05-15-16 at 03:25 PM.

Did I miss something where "fuckboy" became a legit term?

Quote Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
    Did I miss something where "fuckboy" became a legit term?
    Apparently you ain't bout shit.

Urban Dictionary: fuck boy

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Hey, it taught Freddie Grey a lesson. Amiright? We can be just like Baltimore!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Police officers should be able to use any necessary force to apprehend a suspect. Beating him/her around after apprehended or using unnecessary amounts of force just because the suspect is perceived to be a "bad guy" is not their job.

What happens when the cops roll up on a guy who's out of hand: smashing up a bar, knocking people around, obviously being crazy, turns and attacks the cops. Cops decide to give him "what he deserves" and beat his skull in. Turns out, the guy is a veteran, having a mental breakdown and on prescription meds that made him psychotic. Cops couldn't have known that at the time, but now it's too late and the the guy is a vegetable.

It's not the job of a police officer to determine guilt, it's their job to be trained to deal with situations like this and mitigate violence as much as possible. They aren't cowboys, they're employees of the state.

I have cops in the family and the last thing I would want is to make their job harder, but they chose that path in life and their actions reflect on our entire country. Most police officers take pride in that fact and I do believe most of them are good people with honest intentions.

This is getting to be a speech, but what really upsets me is that younger generations don't respect or look up to the police as protectors anymore. They are afraid of cops, and even a few instances of police brutality get sensationalized in the news/online and just continue to fuel a growing dislike among youth towards not only the police, but America herself.

So the solution is let's continue to remove how officers can be effective at taking a resisting suspect down and pretty soon they won't be allowed to throw stuffed animals at them.

It's like the little brother who will bug the shit out of you because he knows there aren't any consequences. That is what you guys are approaching with your comments.

Are there any other tools or resources you'd like to take away from law enforcement so they can do their job properly and in accordance with the expectations of the members of NESR?
    <rolleyes> No one is saying the police can't do what is necessary. Some of us are saying that they may not do what is UNnecessary. This subtopic began with SteveM's comment "I hope the perp at least bumped his head on the door frame of the cruiser while being placed into custody." -- IOW he was supporting the idea of cops brutalizing people who have already been arrested and subdued. That is NOT a way "how officers can be effective at taking a resisting suspect down"; that's just abuse of power. I hope you're not advocating abuse of power.

PhilB

bump his head on the way into the cruiser = "whip someone's ass" ?

We've gone from a putting a little egg on the perp's head to a jackbooted fascist police state whipping citizen's asses in less than 20 posts!

this is why it is a rabbit hole...
    It's the same thing, just the amount differs. You advocate that the police do violence to those in custody, some of the rest of us think that's unacceptable behavior.

PhilB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast