Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

a Public Service announcement and a RANT

a Public Service announcement and a RANT

/PUBLICSERVICEANNOUNCEMENT ON So it's hotter than hell out there and there are pieces o shit cages that leak worse than the Exxon Valdez... Hot tar, oil and antifreeze make the road slippery. /ENDOFPUBLICSERVICEANNOUNCEMENT

/RANT ON
    So I had a little incendent last night. The Bike is OK and just a few scratches and a broken directional, I am OK too a little sore. What PISSES ME OFF is the guy that cut me off didn't stay and the THREE (3) cars behind him road around me before the 4th stopped to make sure I was ok and block traffic so I could, shake it off, pick up my bike and get going. WHAT THE FUCK is WRONG with people today.... /RANT OFF

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Re: a Public Service announcement and a RANT

Glad you are ok, but sucks people are such asses sometimes!

2016 Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
    Glad you are ok, but sucks people are such asses sometimes!
    This.

Glad you're ok Doug.

Sam

Holy shit Doug! Glad your OK. Yeah people really suck at life lately I've been getting cut off or had people almost change lanes into me, in my CAR, at a much higher than normal rate lately. People are just put there in dumb mode. Dunno what's up. But I'm glad your OK. Any chance you grabbed a partial on the plate?

"You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.

I don't get why you're pissed off. The cars did go around you rather than over you. What do you expect ya damn hooligan.

Sorry. Glad you're OK and only minors on the bike.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jasnmar; 05-31-13 at 12:08 PM.

Lifer

I'm really growing tired of people.

Glad you're okay and the bike is mostly intact.

glad you're ok. people really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZX6r View Post
    Holy shit Doug! Glad your OK. Yeah people really suck at life lately I've been getting cut off or had people almost change lanes into me, in my CAR, at a much higher than normal rate lately. People are just put there in dumb mode. Dunno what's up. But I'm glad your OK. Any chance you grabbed a partial on the plate?
    I've noticed in the last week they are doing it more and more to me in my work truck. and they're getting closer and closer. don't they realize I can't stop in 10 ft and I don't own this vehicle so if I hit you its not a big deal to me. I swear the more knowledge we gain as a race the more the general public's intelligence drops.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

One of my employees who bought a bike this year did the same thing. A bike crash happened in front of him and he just drove around the guy. I told him to hope he's never in that position

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That splains something. Went around a corner two days ago and the rear tire slid about 6". As I was going about 20mph this was surprising. Stopped and looked at the tire and couldn't find anything worng with it.

Cunts I say, every fuckin last one of 'em...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZX6r View Post
    Glad to hear you're okay.

What can you do though? Heat apparently brings out the idiots. It seems if it's not perfect weather, nobody here in MA can drive. If it rains, snows, or mirages appear in the heatwaves on the road, all hell breaks loose. I'm wondering how natural selection isn't just punting each one of those assholes off the road. I...I shouldn't be surprised, but damn....

You need to help yourself first before you can help anyone else.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R [Haku]
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX500 [Kiku]

Glad you're ok Doug and here to tell us about it!
    And I agree, people suck and this proves how ignorant americans really are!

Yamaha

Wirelessly posted (iPhone)

Dont let the bastards get you down. He'll learn why they say Karma's a bitch!

Happy you got away fairly unscathed...

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by luukasama View Post
    Glad to hear you're okay.

What can you do though? Heat apparently brings out the idiots. It seems if it's not perfect weather, nobody here in MA can drive. If it rains, snows, or mirages appear in the heatwaves on the road, all hell breaks loose. I'm wondering how natural selection isn't just punting each one of those assholes off the road. I...I shouldn't be surprised, but damn....
    They drive Volvos and the like. Bad drivers drive safe cars so they can walk away after they kill someone with their death machine. Take a look at the parking lots at any large store. The poorly parked cars are the large sedans, minivans, full sized vans, SUV's and trucks.

Last edited by Tunertype; 05-31-13 at 09:53 PM.

Sounds like exactly what happened to me a few years ago. People suck. I actually had people shaking their head and giving me glares once I got up off the pavement. Luckily a good samaritan stopped/blocked traffic and helped me out, since myself and my bike were still in the middle of the road. Glad to hear you're alright!

2006 DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    Take a look at the parking lots at any large store. The poorly parked cars are the large sedans, minivans, full sized vans, SUV's and trucks.
    I think in many cases you have cause and effect confused.

I can only assume that you drive a small car, hence drivers of small cars are good drivers.

Tell ya what... I'll drive my 3/4 ton extended cab truck to your house. We'll trade vehicles and have a parking challenge. You should win easily, as I'm obviously a bad driver. Just to make me a worse driver I'll bring along my 33' bumper hitch camper. That will certainly give you a clear advantage.

Since I also ride a big bike, so by extension I'm roughly 1/10 as good a rider as someone who rides a 250. Maybe true?

I get what you're saying, but you are painting with an extremely broad brush.

Ugh that sucks man! Glad you and the bike are relatively ok!!!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    I think in many cases you have cause and effect confused.

I can only assume that you drive a small car, hence drivers of small cars are good drivers.

Tell ya what... I'll drive my 3/4 ton extended cab truck to your house. We'll trade vehicles and have a parking challenge. You should win easily, as I'm obviously a bad driver. Just to make me a worse driver I'll bring along my 33' bumper hitch camper. That will certainly give you a clear advantage.

Since I also ride a big bike, so by extension I'm roughly 1/10 as good a rider as someone who rides a 250. Maybe true?

I get what you're saying, but you are painting with an extremely broad brush.
    Not everyone who drives a Volvo(these can be relatively small, but still poorly driven and parked) or Full sized truck is a bad driver(but more than not are). I also drive my wifes Honda Pilot, which may not be quite as big as a full sized truck, but it's close. I understand lots of people buy SUV's Vans and Trucks for Utility, not because they are scared of killing themselves on the road, but that's maybe 50% or less of the people who own utility vehicles actually use them for utility. I would use a truck all the time, but can't justify the economy and seating if it's my only car. I have no problem parking my wifes pilot perfectly straight in a spot. And in consideration if I don't park straight at the first attempt I will back out and park again so it is straight. These drivers that park cooked in parking spots have no consideration and bad driving skills. My brother in law is not a great driver and he blames the comparison of his mid sized sedan to my compact car, but I've driven his car and can park and handle perfectly fine in it.

BTW OP sorry to get off on bad drivers too much. Sorry you had a fall and people suck!

Quote Originally Posted by AVI8_636 View Post
    Sounds like exactly what happened to me a few years ago. People suck. I actually had people shaking their head and giving me glares once I got up off the pavement. Luckily a good samaritan stopped/blocked traffic and helped me out, since myself and my bike were still in the middle of the road. Glad to hear you're alright!
    How dare you were slowing me down on my way to Starbucks with your motorcycle in the middle of the road ...

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad to hear your ok and you're bike only suffered minor damages!

In my experience prius's are the worst cars on the rd. People driving them NEVER see me and they drive so slowww thinking they are doing the world a favor and instead they hold up the flow of traffic and create a safety concern for those trying to drive normally. Everytime I see a bottle neck on the highway, its a Prius leading the pack. I laugh whenever I see one getting pulled over by a cop for driving TOO SLOWW!! Sorry if I offended anyone, but seriously, get over it. Go plant a tree if you want to displace your carbon foot print.

Glad to hear you're OK Sheppo. People suck more and more everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    They drive Volvos and the like. Bad drivers drive safe cars so they can walk away after they kill someone with their death machine. Take a look at the parking lots at any large store. The poorly parked cars are the large sedans, minivans, full sized vans, SUV's and trucks.
    That's BS in that driving craftsmanship is completely dead and the guy driving a BMW or other what used to be "enthusiast" brands are just as bad as any of the others.

I don't understand the hate for minivans. They usually have kids in the vehicle and are trying to be careful. For every minivan driver that's created problem for me there are a dozen non-driving motherfuckers in pickup trucks.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-01-13 at 07:02 PM.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I don't understand the hate for minivans. They usually have kids in the vehicle and are trying to be careful.
    Where the fuck are you driving?

Most of the minivans I see on 495 these days have chicken wire across the windows and have clearly been converted to light duty commercial vehicles. I saw one the other day with those haz-mat diamonds on the side and a reeeeeally shady looking dude driving.

The soccer moms with kids are all driving cute-utes these days.

Glad to hear that all is ok. People definitely do suck, most of all the people who went around you like you were just another "blip" in their drone lives. They should be found and publically shamed. What if you *had* been seriously injured? I for one, hope that I will never be thought of as one of those assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    The soccer moms with kids are all driving cute-utes these days.
    lol, somewhat true.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast