Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Almost pulled a Clayton...

Lifer

So this weekend I was riding my new mountain bike frame/fork... did a "cyclocross" race Sunday (massive overkill to use a mountain bike but whatever)...

Get home Sunday and the swingarm is almost falling off. OOOPS!

Would have made for a nasty crash.

I finally found all the torque specs after looking around like crazy yesterday.. time to fix that sucker up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Crashing is all part of Mountain biking. Suck it up! Crashing is fun!When I used to go I wasn't satisfied with the ride unless I was covered in mud and had at least one good tumble!

Funny when I saw the thread title I already knew what it was in relation too, but didn't think it was non MC.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

I'm a legend

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

Yah I agree crashing happens.. but it kind of sucks to crash in a race and I don't take unnecessary risks.

Ben--we missed you in RI...I was racing in the Master B's ...the course was partially frozen and folks were crashing left and right...I went down 3 times pretty hard..too much pressure in the front tire and ice don't mix well...How was the BRC Race?

Lifer

The race went really well but we didn't get a big turnout in the Elite/Pro category. Adam Myerson and someone else from one of those weird european fruit company teams, that was it. They were a lot of fun to watch though and I got to talk to them afterwards for about 15 minutes.

The course layout came out really nice... it was a ton of fun and we didn't really cause any environmental damage.

I didn't have a terribly good race.. I was a dumbass to ride my brand new mountain bike in a race so quickly.. I didn't check it out carefully enough. I had a deraiuller issue right away the first lap, then I had my crank coming loose and the swingarm.. I lost a ton of time at the beginning dealing with that, then had an issue cause I'm out of shape and warmed up poorly, and then finally by halfway through the race I was reeling people in, but I certainly didn't do well.

The leader of the masters race took a header bunnyhopping a barrier about 1/2 way through the race and broke his collarbone right in front of me.. really freakin nasty. His wife's reaction was classic. She was watching right near me (I was directing traffic across the course) so she just instantly was there, "Oh well here we go again."

I took a ton of pictures which I am hoping to get online tonight.

I'm probably going to race this weekend... I'm trying to borrow some faster tires as I have really large ones on right now.

great..maybe I'll see you out there. I'm trying to decide which cat to race...so I could be in either Masters or C...like you my fitness is pretty lame so the C's could be good. However, most of the fast masters will be at Nationals so the Masters might be interesting.

btw..the other guy was probably Johs Huseby...a pretty good elite racer...Adam and i are friends but I'd still like to yank his ears...

What size tire would you like? I can look around to see what I have..