Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purchased my Ninja250

Purchased my Ninja250

Purchased my Ninja 250 today It's a 2009 Ninja 250 special edition in green with 1,990 in miles, brand new battery, and only a small piece of cosmetic paint scrape on the rear. Looks nice, runs nice, and I'm one happy lady!! Excited to get out there tomorrow and get working on the skills I learned a few weeks ago in my class and get to it!!! So happy to be joining my BF and friends in the motorcycle happiness!!

This was not the 250 I was hoping to purchase. That one was blue with less than 400 miles on it. Guy said he had a clear title to it so we went and test rode it, check it over, etc. and then the guy comes out with the title and it's NOT a title!!! It was a certificate of origin! Guy had bought wife bike 4 years ago, in cash, and never registered it or titled it! She apparently rode it in a parking lot some and couldn't figure it out so didn't register it. Husband drove it illegally for those other miles. They paid $4,000 for a bike, from a dealer, in cash, and even made modifications to it, yet didn't spent the extra $100 to register and title it??!! Something was fishy and we didn't trust them so backed out of the deal yesterday. And today I found this bike, went over to test ride it and look it over and left with it. Lady was an attorney with clear title in hand. Money changes hands and boom, title is transferred, bill of sale done, and I left with my bike.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2016 Ninja 650

Re: Purchased my Ninja250

Best of luck. That 250 is fun.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Congrats - put some miles on her so you're ready to ride with us on the 13th!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Congrats!! No better feeling than riding away on your first bike.

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

I love kawi green, but the kawi blue is a great color too, very similar to my Civic want to paint my spare CBR plastics that color..

She's a beauty, good luck with her,

Lifer

Great starter bike that you can enjoy for many miles before outgrowing. Ride carefully and wear all the gear all the time.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Congrats!

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Nice!!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Congrats! Now, please listen up for a sec. while I put my stern face on....

DO NOT GET ON THE BIKE WITHOUT FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR. HELMET, GLOVES, OVER THE ANKLE BOOTS AND JACKET/PANTS COMBO.

we are glad you got your bike, we are glad youre here on this forum. We DO NOT want to read a 'I went down thread'.....

Now, very early in your riding career is when most falls happen. Protect your skin. At anything over walking speed, skin tears right off. Not plesant.

Happy face back on.

Have fun out there!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yea...+1 on the gear...just look up the video of the girl they call Road Rash Chick.....you will thank us later

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    At anything over walking speed, skin tears right off.
    Ughhh for real. Wish I didn't learn this one the hard way. The guy next to me on the plane last night told me his knee hurt just from looking at my scar.

Congrats on the new bike! I have an '05 Ninja 250 that I just bought in February. I crashed it the weekend after I took the MSF course but finally got back out on the streets on it last weekend with Jesse (SCRLT01) and Eric (Eric Baker)!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

In case you guys missed it in earlier threads, she already has -full- gear and wears it every time even as a passenger. Plus I see her every day at work so if I ever see her skwiddin it up, I'll be sure to berate her endlessly

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    In case you guys missed it in earlier threads, she already has -full- gear and wears it every time even as a passenger. Plus I see her every day at work so if I ever see her skwiddin it up, I'll be sure to berate her endlessly
    I hope my post didn't come across as soap boxing - I was merely looking back two months in regret . I am certainly in no position to be advising people what to do/not to do with a bike.

No no, you are just trying to help, I'm sure she understands completely. BTW, she is no stranger to scars in her line of work.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Jackie View Post
    I hope my post didn't come across as soap boxing - I was merely looking back two months in regret . I am certainly in no position to be advising people what to do/not to do with a bike.
    Good judgement comes from experience.

Experience comes from bad judgement.

Thanks all! The BF never allowed me on the back of his bike without gear, so I have obviously carried it over to being the rider now There are a few pics of me sitting on the new bike (I named him Grasshopper) with no gear, but I was going no where, it was for pics only.

Went on the street for the first time yesterday and did ok. Spent 2 hours in morning in a parking lot with a friend of mine who is an MSF instructor in TN then later in the day the BF and I headed out for about a 30 minute ride. He led the way and I seemed to do alright. Today we went for another half hour or so ride again. Rode 129 in TN to right before the twisties get intense then turned around and headed back to our friends' house. I'm not crazy about my turning at the moment, but I have to just keep working on it. Had a moment during one turn, but kept it on the road, stayed upright, and didn't hit another, so it was a success in not killing myself! My BF rode behind my today so he could take some video on the GoPro and we are going to watch it later on today and go through my mistakes and ways to correct them. So far so good and I'm loving being the rider vs. the passenger!!!!

2016 Ninja 650

Good going April, you seem to be doing everything right. Good luck and safe rides to you.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
    Thanks all! The BF never allowed me on the back of his bike without gear, so I have obviously carried it over to being the rider now There are a few pics of me sitting on the new bike (I named him Grasshopper) with no gear, but I was going no where, it was for pics only.

Went on the street for the first time yesterday and did ok. Spent 2 hours in morning in a parking lot with a friend of mine who is an MSF instructor in TN then later in the day the BF and I headed out for about a 30 minute ride. He led the way and I seemed to do alright. Today we went for another half hour or so ride again. Rode 129 in TN to right before the twisties get intense then turned around and headed back to our friends' house. I'm not crazy about my turning at the moment, but I have to just keep working on it. Had a moment during one turn, but kept it on the road, stayed upright, and didn't hit another, so it was a success in not killing myself! My BF rode behind my today so he could take some video on the GoPro and we are going to watch it later on today and go through my mistakes and ways to correct them. So far so good and I'm loving being the rider vs. the passenger!!!!
    where are the pics of you on the bike with your gear?

Sam

Purchased my Ninja250-img_6477-jpg

Purchased my Ninja250-img_6474-jpg

Top one is my first ride on the street. Bottom one is my practice in the parking lot prior to my first ride on street.

2016 Ninja 650

Awesome. You are already doing burnouts!!!!!

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Yea...+1 on the gear...just look up the video of the girl they call Road Rash Chick.....you will thank us later
    Ugh... I just did an image search of Road Rash Chick; it's pretty/ugly/pretty/ugly all at once.

Lifer

Look throoooough the turns.. basically keep your eyes planted as far down the road as you can see (except for some occasional scans of side streets, instruments, mirrors, etc).

Looking through the turn is the biggest thing that helped me cornering.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Look throoooough the turns.. basically keep your eyes planted as far down the road as you can see (except for some occasional scans of side streets, instruments, mirrors, etc).

Looking through the turn is the biggest thing that helped me cornering.
    Dude I am finally getting the hang of the 10 steps of cornering from the Total control clinic. The "V" is now a "reality" for me. But yes, vision has been the biggest revelation by far for me. The sooner you get those eyes up and looking far away with an occasional scan of your surroundings the better response you would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dip Dungles View Post
    Awesome. You are already doing burnouts!!!!!
    No burnouts for me! Those marks were already in the church parking lot when we got there!

2016 Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
    Purchased my Ninja250-img_6477-jpg

Purchased my Ninja250-img_6474-jpg

Top one is my first ride on the street. Bottom one is my practice in the parking lot prior to my first ride on street.
    Sweet! Looking Good!

Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast