Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We are all pussies.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa
    Degsy, tried to PM you on something entirely unrelated, but your PM inbox is full.
    Derek@bostonmoto.com.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: We are all pussies.

I don't like riding in the cold, especially when my hands freeze, but I like sitting home on the couch even less. So, today I entered the JDay event in Greenfield, my first ever ride on studded tires and first ever dirt bike race. I had two layers of insulated gloves and elephant ears over the grips, but hands froze anyway in the sub 20 temperature, before wind chill. I demonstrated my face planting skills a few times for the amusement and entertainment of other racers and the weather defying spectators. It was a blast. I need more cardio vascular training - and maybe heated hand grips. Beats riding the couch.

CCS/LRRS 130; JDay 77
    SeaCoast Sport Cycle | Dunlop | EBC Brakes | Vortex | Woodcraft | Armor Bodies

32F with heated gear is really not that bad. I don't start bitching until 25F and I generally ride the 40 minutes to work if it's above 20F.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by reks95 View Post
    32F with heated gear is really not that bad. I don't start bitching until 25F and I generally ride the 40 minutes to work if it's above 20F.
    +1

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Derek@bostonmoto.com.
    Emailed you, thanks.

Europeans use their bikes for transportation , because of gas pricing and lack of open space in the cities . We use our bikes more for mental pleasure than physical/practical needs . We're Americans...we wrote the book on excess...

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by old timer View Post
    Europeans use their bikes for transportation , because of gas pricing and lack of open space in the cities . We use our bikes more for mental pleasure than physical/practical needs . We're Americans...we wrote the book on excess...
    Sure, Europeans ride their bikes to work, when they are not on strike or taking afternoon siestas or going on union protest rallies. Agree that America is wasteful in some respects, but Europe ain't a shining example by any means.

Well, this pussy pushed the bike over the snow then rode it through the mud to get on salty pavement yesterday. March sunshine can do that to a fella. Amazing how much faster the old girl got sitting all winter! Did 15 hellaciously bumpy miles then washed her for an hour. Come on April...

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa
    Quote Originally Posted by old timer View Post
    Sure, Europeans ride their bikes to work, when they are not on strike or taking afternoon siestas or going on union protest rallies. Agree that America is wasteful in some respects, but Europe ain't a shining example by any means.
    Butt hurt?

so if you were born in the UK, but you moved here, and you still don't ride in really cold weather, are you a cheeky bastard?

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916
    so if you were born in the UK, but you moved here, and you still don't ride in really cold weather, are you a cheeky bastard?
    Yes

well that makes two of us

I've ridden year round in the City for the last 20 yrs. I only drive a cage to tote bikes to the track. You just go slower when its in the teens or snowy

I call BS. I rode about 500km today in east central Europe and saw 0 other people riding.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

If the place you were in ends in "Istan" "aine" or "Akia" you weren't in Europe, you were in Russia. Europe is France, uk, Germany, Spain etc. those other places like to say they are Europeans, but the rest of Europe knows they really aren't.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Degsy; 03-30-13 at 05:11 PM.

Lifer

What if it ends in land?

There might be an akia in there. The east central was on purpose. Not quite Russia, but not central Europe either.

Yesterday I started in Poland and headed south. Went through Check Republic and finished in Slovakia.

According to reports, Poland has received 20 cm of snow, so heading south was a good idea.

I have to have the bike back in southern Poland some time tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Sweet! Have a blast and be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12