Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

How many Quad riders here?

How many quad riders are on the forum? Kicking around the idea of getting rid of my 360 and getting a 650 but unless there is some place decent to ride and people to ride with it realy wont be worth it.
    Lee

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FNG; 10-17-06 at 08:48 AM.
    Lee
    2001 Triumph Sprint ST
    2003 Kawi KLR650
    2003 Kawi Prairie 360

You might want to check out THIS PLACE

Thanks for the link, I have not seen that one before.
    But I would also like to ride wih guys I know too.
    Lee

Lee
    2001 Triumph Sprint ST
    2003 Kawi KLR650
    2003 Kawi Prairie 360

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Myself and my son ride all the time but we mostly stay local. His wheeler is just about a month old and I haven't got a plate for it yet so we are pretty limited to where we can go. I hope to head down to Fall River this week to get a plate and make it all nice and legal. But, it is hunting season and the MDFG closes pretty early so time is my enemy right now.

I have a Polaris sportsman 600 and he has a Polaris sawtooth 200. The MX riding is out of the question but we love to hit the trails and occasional sand pit.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Originally posted by ChR1s
    You might want to check out THIS PLACE
    Yeah, go there and ask where you can ride the quad That'll go over like a fart in church

I've got 2 quads, both sport quads, one for MX (YFZ450) and one for trail riding (Raptor 700).
    No idea what a 36 and a 650 is but if there were more sportquads (i'm not into the mudbogging crap like most 4x4 utility quad riders like), I don't mind traveling for a good day of riding with like minded riders

Yamaha

I went riding with a group of quads on Saturday.

These were all the big 4-wheel drive ones.

Anyway, I was on my bike... and it was quickly apparent that we differed in what we thought a ride should include.

They stopped about every 20 minutes and took a break... which usually included at least one beer and a smoke per person.

And the breaks always lasted longer than the rides.

Oh well... to each his own, I guess.

Personally, I like to separate my riding and my

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Originally posted by 35racer

Anyway, I was on my bike... and it was quickly apparent that we differed in what we thought a ride should include.

They stopped about every 20 minutes and took a break... which usually included at least one beer and a smoke per person.

I hear ya on that ride. More breaks than riding sucks. Why bother going through the trouble of getting all your shit together to ride when you could have found a nice big screen HDTV somewhere to shoot the shit and drink beers in front of.
    And I certainly don't think that a bike with us would have much fun at all. It's just two different types of riding all together.
    But when we decide to go riding it is just that. Most of the friends that I ride with have kids at home like myself, so when we get time to rip it on the quads we ride! Unfortunately those good riding days when we can all get together are few and far between.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

When I lived in NH I would sometimes go snowmobiling with people like that. I hated it. If I wanted to sit around why would I take the snowmobile out.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

36 was supposed to be a 360 as in cc (typo). It is a utility quad and pretty damn slow. I was thinking of trading up to a 650 or a 700 Kawi Brute force.
    I just want to make sure before I tradde mine in plus another 4 grand that I am going to get the use out of it. My 360 does great for snow plowing and stuff of that nature.
    Pinhead, do you ride on state or club trails or are you just lucky enough to have a place to ride? Walpole is only 45 miles or so from my place. There are a few places to ride in NH and I am still looking for ones resonably close to Jaffery.
    Lee

Lee
    2001 Triumph Sprint ST
    2003 Kawi KLR650
    2003 Kawi Prairie 360

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

I know those guys!!!! Were they all wearing hooded sweat shirts and work boots???? The guy in front has a back pack with a 30 pk of Bud Right?? "We ride hard dude I don't know if a bike can go where we go, you may want to be careful following us. I wouldn't want to see any one get hurt, Yo!! bust out a Bud for me already, jack ass, we got ridin' to do" Sound like the guy?

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

Originally posted by FNG

Pinhead, do you ride on state or club trails or are you just lucky enough to have a place to ride? Walpole is only 45 miles or so from my place. There are a few places to ride in NH and I am still looking for ones resonably close to Jaffery.
    Lee
    I have the high tension power wires at the end of my street so I just scoot down the road on the quad and ride right from my house. The only state riding areas in MA for quads are in the western part of the state, Beartown mtn, October mtn. I do have loads of trails within a 10 min. drive from home but the 4 wheelers have been banned from there dirtbikes only.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Originally posted by PinHead
    The only state riding areas in MA for quads are in the western part of the state, Beartown mtn, October mtn. I do have loads of trails within a 10 min. drive from home but the 4 wheelers have been banned from there dirtbikes only.
    Georgetown Rowley is open for ATV's and bikes, it's in the northern part of mass near the I-495/I-95 intersection

Those southern forests sure could use some ATV use to help fill in those deep ruts and trenches caused by the... hikers..yeah the hikers and mountain bikers because dirtbikes don't cause errosion

Yamaha

It pisses me off that we pay the same registration as the bikes but don't get to use them in as many areas.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss

Originally posted by PinHead
    It pisses me off that we pay the same registration as the bikes but don't get to use them in as many areas.
    Just be glad you have what you have, there is nothing legal here in RI.
    The real gripe should not be between motorized user groups (quads vs bikes) it should be about all the other users that don't pay anything to use the forests, mountain bikers, equestrian and hikers

Yamaha