Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Great Quality Textile Gear

Great Quality Textile Gear

So...I am in the market to replace my textile Rev It Jacket/pants, which have basically become the only gear I use on the street. (Ive got a 2 piece set of Vanson leathers but I find them highly impractical for street use in comparison to the textile stuff).

I was thinking of an Aerostich one piece suit but looking for opinions or recommendations on other brands. Comfortable, versatility, good crash protection/abrasion resistance, waterproof, breathable etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: Great Quality Textile Gear

my first gear stuff was always great... and my first gear kilimanjaro jackets rocks except for stop and go hot weather in the city

hmmmm......

Lifer

I tried on the dainese d-dry jacket, and really liked it.

I don't know how you deal with revit. I bought gloves and boots by them, they both wore out way to quick.

I almost bought an Aerostich suit but didn't because I've read those things are like ovens in the summertime. Instead I bought a pair of Motoport kevlar pants that breathe really well and supposedly provide better abrasion resistance than Aerostich. A little pricey and took a while to get (believe they make them all to order).

Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

obnoxious degenerate

my tourmaster got a bit beat up on the right shoulder and sleeve when i went down at about 30mph, but it took the crash and i walked away with no injury at all. i may go with a nicer cortech, but i was a fan of the jacket i had/have...

it had a built in rain liner which got a bit warm in the summer if you stopped, but once moving it was ok. i wear it down to about 20*with the thermal liner and a sweatshirt underneath.

nine times out of ten its an electric razor, but...every once in a while...its a dildo. of course its company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo ...and not..."your"...dildo...

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

I went for the top-end Rev'it textile one piece suit.
    Cliffs notes - dont.
    $1300 or so msrp - got mine for less, but still not impressed - it leaks severely. Replaced now three times by Rev'it.
    Wait for version 2 of their Infinity suit if you go that route.

Might want to take a look at Rukka or the BMW gear, both good.

i'd go rukka

btw: i wasn't that impressed with my revit pants, when the front end of my 3 month old gsa fell apart last year and i slid 80' on pavement while it didn't get to my skin, it wore through the revit pants and almost through the pants i had on under them.

btw: i slid on my palms and my held gloves still look almost new.

as to water proof, i put them to the test and got a little wet but was impressed as to how well they did.

jim

"Molon labe"

I've got Dianese jacket and pants, both about 7-8 years old. No leaks, have about 30-40k miles use and the only problem so far was the jacket zipper failed. They aren't too bad in the summer with the liners out, but still almost as hot as leathers. I Got them from Moto Market. Jacket was $500, pants $300 (2002). When the time comes, I'll most likely stick with Dianese.

Quote Originally Posted by gus310 View Post
    my tourmaster got a bit beat up on the right shoulder and sleeve when i went down at about 30mph, but it took the crash and i walked away with no injury at all. i may go with a nicer cortech, but i was a fan of the jacket i had/have...

it had a built in rain liner which got a bit warm in the summer if you stopped, but once moving it was ok. i wear it down to about 20*with the thermal liner and a sweatshirt underneath.
    Ditto on the cortex tourmaster gear. I have a jacket that is about 5 years old and has kept me happy in temps down to near 0 and cool enough with all its vents open in the hottest summer heat. Also keeps me very dry even during a few track day sessions in the porring rain.

Just make sure you check the thickness. I almost bought a few jackets that looked like good quality but only had 600 denier protection. My tourmaster has something like 1480 so it's a little more for peice of mind

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

I'm torn on Rev'It. The Infinity was nice and never leaked on me when I owned it. I sold it $550 which is $50 less than what I paid for it new-used. The pockets were way too small though.

My Rev'It GT Corse race gloves also served me very well after a few contacts with the pavement. The superfabric palm on one is starting to tear off, but I may have them repaired..

My Rev'It Celsius H20 gloves on the other hand started falling apart after a few rainstorms. The soft non-abrasive protecting fabric between the fingers started disintegrating and exposing the kevlar lining underneath. They still work and keep my hands warm, but they look terrible and will need to be replaced.

I got a first gear kilamanjaro jacket (i think that's the model), and it's a high end jacket for a mid range price (half the cost of a revit) Three season comfort, amazing fit and finish. Water proof and breathable. I can wear the liner to work. It's that nice. Couldn't be happier.

My buddy got a Coretech transition II and it's also very nice for even less money. The liner isn't quite as nice, but still great quality. I couldn't justify the price of the revit textile stuff, especially after seeing what you can get for less than half the price.

Paul_E_D

+3 for Cortech.

All I will buy now. I wear the same Cortech Advanced 3/4 jacket in in the winter, spring, fall and summer. Fits great, crashes well, I use it for woods riding in cold temps, waterproof and the zipper vents work mint on 80+ days.

Plus it's cheap on sale from NewEnough.

Heavy=good in textile.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

There are so many great choices for textile gear that I think it all comes down to what features are important to you and what actually fits you the best.

In my opinion Dianese has always been the best in comfort and styling whereas Rev'It seems to offer more features/functionality with their apparel. The new First Gear TPG line is also very nice but does seem to be cut a bit fuller than the Dainese and Rev'It gear.

Bottom line is that there is no one jacket that does everything well. You're going to have to make some trade offs between waterproof vs. venting, abrasion resistance vs weight and also styling and cost.

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

TPG Ranier! That's the model I got. I ordered a small, and I'm usually a med. Fits perfectly!

Paul_E_D

+ 4 for TourMaster and Cortech. LOVE my tourmaster jacket. Comfortable in all temps, from beach traffic to 40 degrees at night coming home from bike night. With the rain liner and the quilted liner it's really adjustable for the weather. Also has the shoulder, back, and elbow pads. All padding is adjustable and there's take up straps in the elbow for when the liners are out. It's also not crazy expensive, and there's a variety of pants you can get to match for pretty cheap as well.

Lifer

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had bad times with Revit. I def. won't buy them again.

My Tourmaster lasted 80,000 miles of all weather riding before the zipper blew out... so I picked up another one to replace it.