Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Question for MA residents-Insurance related.

Question for MA residents-Insurance related.

What do you folks want from an insurance company when it comes to motorcycles?
    No hassle with gear being covered?
    Extra discounts for taking a MSF class?(Over the minimal 10% that's offered now)
    Discounted MSF classes?
    etc......

Add your thoughts.

Doing some research.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Question for MA residents-Insurance related.

I think gear being covered is HUGE because it saves them thousands in medical bills sometimes so they should give us a break and get us new gear.

Reimburse people that have aftermarket parts on their motorcycles when they crash if they have proper documentation for it.

Maybe cover riding schools.....thats stretching it though I feel

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    crouching tiger, hidden mondos

Just Registered

I think some type of an bi-annual training % discount or something would be fair. Say I take ERC or something like ARC or even a skip barber or something like that, would be nice to get a reasonable break on my insurance as a result of me taking these classes/trainings/schools. The company directly benefits from me hopefully being less apt to kill myself on my bike than the idiot n00b squid who doesen't give a shit and never has to pay a thing for it. Sure they reward me for not crashing sort of by not charging me more, yay.

I'd say trackdays should count but that's a fine edge and there isn't much forced 'structured learning' there that could be applied to any criteria.

I would also like to see some type of tiering system moreso than what is on our cars currently, in that when I hit 10 years of riding if I have 0 claims to them then my rate drops by 30% or something like that. You asked so I am throwing it out there...I guess the simple answer is I want responsibility credit or some crap like that

Last edited by ssg; 10-06-09 at 06:45 PM.
    My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Honesty and write the friggin policies so that I don't have to hire a lawyer just to have it read to me. That's all. Oh and quit the fine print crap and make it clear how you determine qualifications for discounts. Honor discounts. Hire intelligent people to answer the phone so when you have questions about your policy you don't have to be forwarded to 20 people that still can't answer your fucking qusetions. Oh and one last thing. When a claim is made and you get assigned to a claim officer return phone calls please. That's not much to ask considering they have all the power to screw you over just by not returning your call. It's amazing how many bills stack up in a week.

And cover gear. Eliminate deductibles.

Just Registered

0$ deductible for gear would be cool, or 100$ deductible to prevent people from claiming socks, but do this without it affecting the cost of the premium.

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

Wirelessly posted (bb tour: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Dont u or didnt u work for one?lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Offer a nice discount for LoJack or other GPS recovery device. I've asked many companies and the only discount offered was 5% or none at all.. please! I get 20% discount for being an excellent driver and nothing for being anti-theft minded.

-John

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast,.. than to ride a fast bike slow."

07 Husky SM510R

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (bb tour: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Dont u or didnt u work for one?lol
    Still do.
    I got something in the works to present to the marketing/product development big wigs.
    Hoping to get the Mass. Riders Education program involved as well.

oh ok....i dont remember asking for any gear coverage but they paid for my gear...they=geico

Lifer

How do they pay for gear?

I just got my first motorcycle.. the policy covered me just like any car.. got the extra 10% discount for MSF... but same normal coverage as a car?

Adding further discounts for gear would be nice, or even any type of security..

Through my company I get credit towards deductable every year I go without a claim, which is nice..

They typically don't pay for gear. There is nothing written into the MA Auto Policy that provides coverage for riding gear. I'm trying to get the company I work for to add some endorsements to cover that.

I have Progressive, they cover $3000 in aftermarket accessories, I'm not sure if gear is covered in that. I pay $150 a year with roadside assistance included.

High maintenance priss

Some new ones not mentioned:
    - Discount for multiple motorcycles. At one point I had 4 bikes in the garage. I don't ride 4 bikes at once, yet I pay full for every single one of them...obnoxious. The "multi-car" discount isn't enough IMO in this scenario.

- Easier "off season" policy. I don't ride between Nov and April and drop all but comprehensive. Still gets a little wacky to communicate. Would be nice if they had unique properties for m'cycle coverage so its an easy thing to do.

Agree w/ a number of other points raised too...

Just Registered

Quote Originally Posted by keeena View Post
    Some new ones not mentioned:
    - Discount for multiple motorcycles. At one point I had 4 bikes in the garage. I don't ride 4 bikes at once, yet I pay full for every single one of them...obnoxious. The "multi-car" discount isn't enough IMO in this scenario.

- Easier "off season" policy. I don't ride between Nov and April and drop all but comprehensive. Still gets a little wacky to communicate. Would be nice if they had unique properties for m'cycle coverage so its an easy thing to do.

Agree w/ a number of other points raised too...

Big here.

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org