Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

$$ Question for racer types

Alright, here's the deal.

I bought a racebike ('96 YZF600) through an NESR member a few weeks ago. It needs forks and bodywork minus the tail to be operational (fingers crossed). I found some race bodywork on another forum along with forks(new seals and racetech springs).

The upper is a racing one thats used but whole and not ruined, and the underbelly is a racing catch-pan style that has never been used.

The lowest I could get the guy down to was $350 for both upper and lower and the forks. Does this sound decent? The new fairings alone for racing style was around $400 for both and that was the cheapest I found (www.oppracing.com).

He also got a quote of $110 for shipping since it is a 1 piece upper and the forks weigh a good amount. Anyone know if this is a reasonable shipping quote?

Just never done this before, don't wanna get chooched if I can. Stupid me buyin a racebike without havin a job! I REALLY hope I'm good at this whole track thing to make this a worthy hobby.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

If you are going to start racing.......Plan on spending alot of money! I would tell the guy to split the shipping. It does cost money to ship bodywork as they are big.

Collision Pros Racing

The prices sound about right, But the shipping is a bit high.

If you are going to be racing, Get used to spending a lot of money now, just pay it and give him a $50 dollar tip too.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

Clayton - I spoke to John yesterday and AGAIN I forgot to ask about that YZF buried in the service department.

Mail me at dave@motorace.com today to remind me!

I'm the worst for forgetting shit.

Sorry!

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

The price sounds pretty good. Not a BARGAIN, but not bad either. I agree that the shipping sounds kinda steep, but I'm not a UPS guy. The body work & forks are kinda bulky, which is why it may cost so much...

If you're ever in doubt, just check the internet to keep the prices in check...

www.hotbodies.com

www.sharkskinz.com

...and the like...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I did some checking and the shipping is about right. The upper is a one peice that goes from the windscreen (which is included) all the way to the belly pan. The box weight was 37 lbs, but it's the size that's a killer.

I should have the stuff early next week! Then all I gots to do is get some racing boots, knee sliders and a rear stand.

Thanks for your input guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't gettin chooched. I have no problem spending money on racing, and I expect it to cost me a LOT of $$$. It's just the whole unemployed thing without collecting that puts a damper on my bling bling lifestyle

Dave! You have mail....

May as well ask you guys before I make some horrible mistakes:

What do you guys all wish you did or bought or didn't buy or didn't do when you first got into racing? I'm not tryin to win any championships (I woudn't complain though ), just to go out and have fun. Hopefully I can learn from all the experience on this board!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Not saying that it'd help my times at all, but I wish I had gotten a newer machine. It certainly would help my confidence...

And I still KINDA wish I had gone with an SV. Especially with the new HW rules this year...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?