Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

R6 Suspension Set-Up

R6 Suspension Set-Up

My new R6 is broken in and it's time to start tweaking the suspension. I am not trying to be too precise here, and I know I should eventually do a suspension course at my next track day, but I am trying to get it somewhat reasonable in the meantime. I got the sag right, but now its time to start looking at the shocks.

My problem is the shocks are four way adjustable. So I have both high speed and low speed adjustments for both compression and rebound damping in the front and rear. Could someone fill me in on this? I understand what that means, but my question is how will those adjustments affect the bike? I am familiar with how your typical adjustments work (compression and rebound damping) but the high and low speed thing is a whole new territory.

My assumption is the low speed adjustments are more for handling while the high speed are more for bumps, but is this correct?

Any 165 pound riders on an '08 or newer R6 want to share their settings to get me close?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: R6 Suspension Set-Up

I would set sag first (as youve done) then move onto the comp and rebound next. Make small adjustments and ride in between. Start with the rear shock.

The high and low speed adjustments...well...I would leave them alone unless you do a LOT of trackdays. Even then, if you do a lot of track days...youre gonna replace the stock rear shock anyways. For the majority of R6 riders, the high and low speed adjustment is completely overkill and is most likely on there so the magazines can write about it so the young'uns can read about it and oogle over it and buy their product.

My $0.02

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!