Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Race pants proper fit question?

  1. #1
    Wfd38383 wfd38383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seekonk
    Age
    37
    Posts
    203

    Race pants proper fit question?


    My gf purchased a pair of technik pants last season for me on clearence from a website and I never got a chance to wear em riding yet. I am buying a pair of boots soon and I wanted to know exactly how the pants were suppose to fit length wise? The knee slider is a little lower then my knee and off centered on the left and right side. I would imagine the knee slider would need to be off centered but is it suppse to be lower then the knee? And also how far should the length be on the pants? thanks in advance for the replies

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Lifer union's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blackstone, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,549

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    My gf purchased a pair of technik pants last season for me on clearence from a website and I never got a chance to wear em riding yet. I am buying a pair of boots soon and I wanted to know exactly how the pants were suppose to fit length wise? The knee slider is a little lower then my knee and off centered on the left and right side. I would imagine the knee slider would need to be off centered but is it suppse to be lower then the knee? And also how far should the length be on the pants? thanks in advance for the replies
    Knee slider sounds right. As for length. Mine run to my ankles so I can tuck them into my boots.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

    GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

  3. #3
    Wfd38383 wfd38383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seekonk
    Age
    37
    Posts
    203

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    my pants go about an 1 to an inch and a half too long. I figured i would hike them up a little and just tie mu boot up tight to make sure they don't fall down. Figure it will work

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    14,643

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    my pants go about an 1 to an inch and a half too long. I figured i would hike them up a little and just tie mu boot up tight to make sure they don't fall down. Figure it will work
    Crouch down with them on. The legs probably ride up to the proper position when you do that. When you stand up, they will bulge a little at the knees. That's normal.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Lifer burnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    I've got two pair of A* SMX-R boots I'll let go cheap, a 10 and a 10.5 I think.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    I pick things up.... mzdagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bennington, NH
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,780

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    The sliders should be below the knees and off-center and the pants shouldn't come down over your feet (too long). As long as your boots fit over them, it probably won't hurt for them to be a bit long, as long as your sliders don't try to tuck in, too.

    Also, when zipped int o you jacket, the pants probably won't need to be "hiked" too much.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,174

    Re: Race pants proper fit question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Crouch down with them on. The legs probably ride up to the proper position when you do that. When you stand up, they will bulge a little at the knees. That's normal.
    Bingo. Pants fall down & can be too long when standing & walking around. They're meant to fit when sitting on a bike. Throw a leg over your bike, give the boys a jingle & see where things end up comin to rest.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

Similar Threads

  1. Race pants?
    By 13 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-06, 08:21 PM
  2. Gear Question: Boots and Pants
    By bump909 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-05, 11:17 AM
  3. another question about leather pants...
    By TriplesRule in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-03, 05:15 PM
  4. question about leather pants...
    By gonzo6 in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-03, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •