Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rain Gear???

Rain Gear???

It is just a matter of time before I run into a real rain storm. Any suggestions on what rain gear to get? There are a lot out there and they all claim to be the best? What should I look for as features?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Rain Gear???

hehe - a buddy of mine lives in Candia.

My Joe Crapit Jacket says 100% waterproof and I bought some cheap packable rain paints through Cabela's. Both seem to allow water in, in some cases. I came back from Maine on Monday and about 2/3 of the ride was in the rain (second time in so many trips this has happened btw...). The jacket got soaked through really quickly and the pants are open at the bottom so I am not sure if the pants actually did their job and the water seeped through the bottom and up and from the top down, therefore making me fuckin soaked or if te pants didn't work. Jury's still out on that one.

I guess what I am saying is dont trust Joe Crapit and their 100% H2Oproof lies....

Dayum I'm useless

Bras cause cancer.

Rain Gear???

I do plenty of riding in the rain and I use something called Frogg Toggs. Directly below is the manufacturers website, and then a place that sells them pretty cheap (about $70)

They are very lightweight and breathable... I am not a fan of the vinyl type... these feel more like cloth but no rain gets through. We even use them off of the bike if we're walking around. And finally... they work great on chilly days that are sunny as they cut the wind. I use the rain jacket over my Mesh jacket and it is very comfy.

http://www.froggtoggs.com - Manufacturers website.

http://www.vencowings.com/cgi-bin/mi...L&Search=toggs

PA102 PRO ACTION SUIT - Full-zip jacket with button down storm flap, elastic waist and cuffs, and hood with barrel pull drawstring that stores in zippered collar. Pants have elastic waist with barrel pull drawstring, pass through pockets, and elastic ankles with zippers.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Re: Rain Gear???

Originally posted by Bad Dog
    It is just a matter of time before I run into a real rain storm. Any suggestions on what rain gear to get? There are a lot out there and they all claim to be the best? What should I look for as features?
    I have heard good things about Frogg Toggs but have never tried them. I have some Teknic (I think) rain gear that was <$50 and has worked well for years.

I'm in Raymond. Where you be in Candia?

Rain Gear???

Geta 1 piece. Get the mittens and the boot coves. You'll be a happy guy. You can get all this for under a 100 bucks.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Re: Rain Gear???

Originally posted by Bad Dog
    A fellow z1000 rider.. good to see I have the much faster black one.. fwiw - check out www.z1000.net

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Rain Gear???

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    Geta 1 piece. Get the mittens and the boot coves. You'll be a happy guy. You can get all this for under a 100 bucks.

KB

Obviously everyone has their own preference, but I have to say that I am glad I did not go one-piece.

There are countless times when I wear just the jacket.

I do agree on getting some mitten and boot covers... they make it so much better (even if your boots are waterproof, the covers make a difference... especially if you have to wear the same boots the following day)

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Rain Gear???

Don't go cheap on rain gear. Mine is five years old and good as new. A good set can work for many different uses and get beaten up without falling apart or losing waterproofness.

I have a Helly Hanson off-shore sailing set of foul weather gear - everything on the top and bottoms is adjustable and vented. All zippers are covered for no leakage and all leg/arm holes are velcro adjustable. Pockets out the wazoo and a nice, soft, fuzzy-lined neck that folds up almost into my helmet.

Helly hansen isn't cheap. I also ski with this stuff. Also check out a company called Gill, also sailing gear, way less expensive but very good gear, just fewer bells and whistles.

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.