Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Failed inspection

Failed inspection

I went to a Harley/Cruizer repair shop near my work (Biker's Outfitters in Revere) for an inspection sticker and the guy came back with a rejection because he said that my front brake pads are wearing unevenly. I remember changing my pads about two season's ago so I figured I was due for a new set. I bought the pads and replaced them myself after he tried to convince me to do the job so that way I'll pass inspection. I declined since it took me half an hour to do the job that he quoted me that he can do in 1 hour @$75/hr. I got pissed when I took the pads out and they still looked good. He was looking for every reason to fail me. I'm going back this week to get my sticker ( you get 20 days after a rejected inspection to fix the problem ) and show him the old pads. Next year I'll take it to a "sportbike" friendly shop.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i sure would b pissed

I fucking hate scum bags

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Failed inspection

kick him where the leather don't go.....

Failed inspection

Where is a sportbike friendly shop around? Most places wont even look at it without the factory turn signals or pipes.....

Where to get a sticker?

Littering and........

Failed inspection

No, no, no.

You guys have it all wrong.

What our friend chicarone needs to do is to walk in and *apologize* for not driving a two wheeled lawn tractor with chrome all over it.

Failed inspection

that sucks... i usually go to the local harley shop because they don't seem to care about reflectors, flushmounts and after market pipes.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Failed inspection

Originally posted by reiobard
    kick him where the leather don't go.....
    Could you be more vague? Thats a broad area to cover.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Failed inspection

Yea I go to a Harley shop mainly because they overlook a lot of stuff. I got mine inspected 2 weeks ago. They were pretty friendly to me even though I was on a sportbike.

All he looked at was my headlight, turn signals (front and rear) and my brake light. That was it!

Failed inspection

back when i had my 'ol 600, i went to a harley like place for a sticker and they TRIED to fail me for a head lamp being out.

no fucktard... its a high and low beam

" Never create what you can't control "

Failed inspection

Originally posted by jwm2k3
    Where is a sportbike friendly shop around? Most places wont even look at it without the factory turn signals or pipes.....

Where to get a sticker?
    Can go to where I did. The guy gave me a bit of a hard time about my undertail but in the end passed it. Said I should also replace my tires which was no big deal because I already had some rubber on order.

Originally posted by gonzo6
    back when i had my 'ol 600, i went to a harley like place for a sticker and they TRIED to fail me for a head lamp being out.

no fucktard... its a high and low beam
    Ya most harley drivers say that to me. Uh you got a headlight out... then I flick the switch and they walk away feeling stupid. A good rull of thumb is to drive with the highbeam on during the day anyway. It makes you a bit more visible and you wont get stupid comments about how you have a light out. That was the first comment I got when I pulled my bike into the garage from one of my friends. You paid how much for this and you have a light out?

James

Failed inspection

My Budy bought a brand new Victory King Pin last year. This year he went to a shop in tyngsboro to get a sticker. They failed both his bike and his wifes. His because they claimed he needed front brake pads, his wifes becuase tehy claimed hers needed fork seals. Total Bullshit,his bike had under 3000 miles on it, hers had about 2500. Brought both bikes to another shop, the other shop inspected both bikes and found nothing wrong with either bike. My buddys wrote a nasty letter to the regisrty and also knows somebody that deals with inspections at the regisrty.

Failed inspection

Originally posted by pablo
    My Budy bought a brand new Victory King Pin last year. This year he went to a shop in tyngsboro to get a sticker. They failed both his bike and his wifes. His because they claimed he needed front brake pads, his wifes becuase tehy claimed hers needed fork seals. Total Bullshit,his bike had under 3000 miles on it, hers had about 2500. Brought both bikes to another shop, the other shop inspected both bikes and found nothing wrong with either bike. My buddys wrote a nasty letter to the regisrty and also knows somebody that deals with inspections at the regisrty.
    wtg!

Lifer

Failed inspection

Yah fork seals seems to be a common thing.

My dad's Yamaha cruiser, they complained about fork seals.

It is not leaking and/or has no evidence of a problem AFAICT, even though it is old enough I told him he should just get new fluid, but it sounded like BS, he just took it somewhere else and they passed him no problem.

I failed for fork seals once on my SV but I did actually need fork seals, it was just annoying because it gave me less time & flexibility to get it fixed.

It would annoy me to no end to have to rent a truck to take a bike in for repairs due to failing inspection when it was actually safe to ride it to the shop.

MC inspections are a joke, the state does not care about us being safe, they just want their money. It is up to us to determine if our bikes are safe.

Failed inspection

Originally posted by benVFR
    Yah fork seals seems to be a common thing.

My dad's Yamaha cruiser, they complained about fork seals.

It is not leaking and/or has no evidence of a problem AFAICT, even though it is old enough I told him he should just get new fluid, but it sounded like BS, he just took it somewhere else and they passed him no problem.

I failed for fork seals once on my SV but I did actually need fork seals, it was just annoying because it gave me less time & flexibility to get it fixed.

It would annoy me to no end to have to rent a truck to take a bike in for repairs due to failing inspection when it was actually safe to ride it to the shop.
    not to mention the labor on that fix is spencive

Re: Failed inspection

thats horseshit.. if you're in revere just take it to parkway in everett.

Re: Re: Failed inspection

Originally posted by bump909
    thats horseshit.. if you're in revere just take it to parkway in everett.

Yeah, I was going Lynnway Cycle but decided to go to Biker's Outfitters because it was closer. Last year I took it to Lynnway Cycle and the dude was cool. I haven't taken it in yet because of all the rain but I will as soon as the weather breaks and I'll show him the old pads.

Just Registered

Failed inspection

I went to an HD-friendly shop in Westford that happened to have a sticker sign on it. I went in and the guy was kinda quiet...then told me my headlights were aimed way too low.
    I wasn't quite on the defensive yet but thought I saw it coming, then he said "I think its a 10mm"...came back a minute later and actually sat there for a few minutes adjusting them for me till they were within spec.

Not knowing what to do and him just telling me to have a nice day, I gave him 40$ and said thanks. It was a warm day back in May and there was people in line behind me too...not like he was just sitting around...he was cool though, I'll go back there