Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Random Loudon question

Lifer

Random Loudon question

Every time I've been there, they've been running the track counter-clockwise, do they ever run it clockwise? It would be like a whole new track.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Random Loudon question

In the "OLD" days when it was Briar, it was just a road course..no Nascar oval in the middle. There was a dirt track there and a pond. Every month they would run the other direction. One of the reasons why they don't go the other way, well at least for the SCCA cars is that they would be heading at the pits coming out of turn 3.

The hill section of the track is part of the original, and it was run the other way, opposite of the way it's run now.

Yeah, I'm showing my age again...

One other note is that the old track measured the same distance, the new track has now, and there were only 10 turns on the old track.

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Random Loudon question

Tell him what he's won!!!

BTW-My dad used to work for the Briars, and helped build the original 1/3 mile oval when they decided to 'expand'. He forgot to set the parking brake on their new 10 wheel dump truck, and the thing rolled into the pond that used to be in the middle of the infield...

Also of note: My pops used to do some announcing there too, and has a tape (reel) of him & Howard Cosell (sp?) covering wunna the national motorcycle races back in the early '70's...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

cool cool & cool

dats way cool mark & jay i like the old shit seat a da pants days can you guys scan some old pix put um on line please & jay lets hear hc & dad

Random Loudon question

I wouldn't have any clue how to convert the reel to reel tape. Nor do I have the means to, I'm sure...

I can dig up some old pix, no doubt. We have some of me & Freddie Spencer from way back when, as well as some pix from back then of me sitting in some different Indy cars and midgets and outlaws. I hadta be less than 10 years old at the time...

Pretty cool shit. My dad was responsible for finding Fast Freddie a place to stay one year during the nationals...

My folks are heading to Florida for the next month, but I'll see if he has time to dig up the photos...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Random Loudon question

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't necessarily thinking about the history, but it's cool too find out about it.

NHIS's history page basically only goes back to 1990 and it's mostly just a bunch of NASCAR links.

Ben

Random Loudon question

My daughter wears a nite shirt, actually it's a 'T" shirt from the AMA race back in 1987 I think...Got Fast Freddie, and Wayne on it...I'll hafto get a pic of it....

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.