Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Range Rover runs over biker(s)

Re: Range Rover kills biker(s)

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Name calling?

Look in the mirror right about now.

Your gratuitous assumptions about this situation aside, I'm not the one posting my life/ death situations on the internet like it's some kind of merit badge as to how I would react to a situation I was not in. You may wanna go back and look at your own words before you take one sentence of mine and twist it into something it isn't.
    First, going to combat isn't something you get a merit badge for, but Combat Air Crew wings, Combat Action Ribbon, etc. are things the military honors those who are in combat with, so have some fucking respect. It's not the Boy Scouts or whatever you're suggesting.

Second, there are always statements like, "if I was in that situation I'd ..." And most of the time we'll never know. But I can tell you how I'd react if threatened like that guy, because I've been in situations that were close enough that I know. Have you?

And yeah. You're a dick. I stand by that statement. If you'd like to debate it, feel free to PM me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Welcome back, winter NESR.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    Welcome back, winter NESR.
    Seems like every year it comes a little earlier.......

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wtf with the winter stuff already. We have a full weekend left in NH and Daytona ahead of us.

You see more "high end" vehicle drivers driving like dicks, than bikes on any given day.... most with their noses stuffed so high in the air, they don't even realize they are dicks! Knowone knows what happened prior to the first encounter on video, but i'ma go out on a limb and say there's a LOT more to the story than is being shown.
    Were the bikers being dicks, of course! Was the range rover driver being a dick prior to the incident, most likely so.

By simply yielding (yeah, not the law..and remember the high nose) rather than show aggression when he encountered the bikers, he would have avoided the entire situation, the bikers would have likely simply passed and he and his family would have been in no danger.
    Again, not disagreeing the biker gang is a bunch of thugs..they clearly are. The driver of the SUV, not the brightest bulb out there either!

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMarine View Post
    F
    And yeah. You're a dick. I stand by that statement. If you'd like to debate it, feel free to PM me.
    Yes, good idea! Take it to PM, or take a hike

Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    Welcome back Paul! Where ya been...!?!?
    Alaska. Kinda wish I stayed.

Second, there are always statements like, "if I was in that situation I'd ..." And most of the time we'll never know. But I can tell you how I'd react if threatened like that guy, because I've been in situations that were close enough that I know. Have you?

Yeah, as a matter of fact I have been in situations that could have easily taken my life by the hand of others, none of which I care to talk about on some forum. I am very lucky to be alive.
    The difference between us and the driver of the Range Rover is that you and I made concious decisions to be put in our situations so when you post up that the driver had plenty of time to collect his thoughts, perhaps not as evidenced by the video. You then somehow relate your time in Iraq to how you felt this driver had "plenty of time" to make sense of his situation. Again, I'm guessing not, as evidenced by this video.

As far as your demand for respect, I respect the Service people that have performed their duty and respect those who don't attempt to associate their combat experiences with completely unrelated topics and then go on to assume others should have or would have reacted the same as they would...which, by the way, is exactly what a post of yours smacks of.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

First, going to combat isn't something you get a merit badge for, but Combat Air Crew wings, Combat Action Ribbon, etc. are things the military honors those who are in combat with, so have some fucking respect. It's not the Boy Scouts or whatever you're suggesting.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

In response to the FB post Sav found: Play stupid games...

If you participate in a mob, what do you expect?

Could this be the work of New York's fastest?

Posting Freak

Its actions like this that will bring all kinds of heat on bikers. This ride happens every year in NYC. Next year we will see what happens.Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Was the range rover driver being a dick prior to the incident, most likely so.

By simply yielding (yeah, not the law..and remember the high nose) rather than show aggression when he encountered the bikers, he would have avoided the entire situation, the bikers would have likely simply passed and he and his family would have been in no danger.
    Again, not disagreeing the biker gang is a bunch of thugs..they clearly are. The driver of the SUV, not the brightest bulb out there either!
    It looks to me like the video did capture the beginnings of the whole incident, and that it started when the group ride came upon the SUV and overtook it. The guy wearing the t-shirt and back protector on the white gixxer took it upon himself to force the SUV to stop and let the whole group pass. It CANNOT BE ASSUMED that the SUV driver knew what the group's intentions were. Maybe they just wanted him to stop and let them pass, OR maybe he was afraid they wanted him to stop so they could rob him or commit some other assault. I think he was reluctant to stop and ending up bumping the white gixxer. Maybe he even wanted to stop, but his heavy SUV couldn't match the braking of the gixxer that was intentionally brake-checking him and he unintentionally rear ended the gixxer. Undeniably, he did come to a stop. Then the bikers surrounded his SUV and perhaps started pounding on it and, again, not knowing their intentions and fearing the worst, he took off for the safety of his family.

As a Monday morning quarterback, I would have continued driving the SUV at 15 mph when first confronted: too fast for anyone on foot to catch, but too slow to run over any bikers that were not asking to be run over.

Anyway, I don't view this as bikers vs. cagers. I see this as a group of (mostly) thugs and punks, who happened to be on bikes. There were many unregistered, un-plated bikes in the video. I'm sure there were also a few responsible riders along for the group ride.

From people that I have only know online from New York they said the drivers wife threw a water bottle at the riders and the SUV was brake checking the bikes prior to what the video shows.
    No clue if its true. Neither I care much. This thread is mad funny

Entertaining, the internet was just starting to bore me. Debate on.

I also would've slammed it into reverse and pinned it. I feel the driver was justified in his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'd love to hear at what point during this stupidity fueled ride he was ever "in the right".

Last edited by 01xj; 09-30-13 at 09:58 PM.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    Could this be the work of New York's fastest?
    No. She only comes out at night.

Thats why i carry.

Along with stupid games stupid prizes comments I'll add a fight avoided is a fight won. Very poor choices all around.

I absolutely hate bikers like them. All they do is elevate the chance of harming themselves and others.

I think the asian dude was just ignorant on how to deal with an encounter like this. Yes, my common sense radar would have probably told me to try to get to the right hand lane and let them all go by but not all of us have common sense.

In the end, if anyone has experience being surrounded by thug looking bikers slamming on your car with a wife and small child in your vehicle...raise your hand. I would like to know how you all dealt with it.

Be Squid, Be Proud bostongixxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    You see more "high end" vehicle drivers driving like dicks, than bikes on any given day.... most with their noses stuffed so high in the air, they don't even realize they are dicks! Knowone knows what happened prior to the first encounter on video, but i'ma go out on a limb and say there's a LOT more to the story than is being shown.
    Were the bikers being dicks, of course! Was the range rover driver being a dick prior to the incident, most likely so.

+1. I don't have sympathy for squids being dicks, but I have seen my share of entitled assholes in high-end SUVs thinking they own the road, and feeling invincible because they're in the truck and I'm on a bike. I'm sure he is not entirely without fault in how this all started...figured he was all set in pushing back at the bikers because he could just run them over if they were provoked (which he did...no outrage about that). He's as much of a douche for provoking them and inviting what happened.

2020 KTM SMC R
    2006 GSXR-600 Race (LRRS #199)
    NO LIMIT