Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

I Dance With Will

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by skiierx View Post
    Get some knowledge Kham! Do a little research before you post. Some others he might be able to help you understand what I am talking about.
    you're chowing on me because what? i didn't even read your post. i think i see what the problem is here. you don't like my opinion. isn't it obvious the 1000rr is lighter and most likely smoother in terms of engine becuase it's newer? the hard to turn may be wrong but it's my opinion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kham; 05-03-07 at 06:55 AM.
    "fuckit!"

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you're chowing on me because what? i didn't even read your post. i think i see what the problem is here. you don't like my opinion. isn't it obvious the 1000rr is lighter and most likely smoother in terms of engine becuase it's newer? the hard to turn may be wrong but it's my opinion.
    Kham Kham Kham...A RC is a liter bike plus from what I remember from a few conversations we have had you have not ridden an RC. Yeah you can have an opinion but if you read what people have said most that have not ridden the RC or 1000rr state that right up front...you did not. BTW, the RC turns in better than a lot of bikes and smoothness comes from the rider!

I Dance With Will

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by skiierx View Post
    Kham Kham Kham...A RC is a liter bike plus from what I remember from a few conversations we have had you have not ridden an RC. Yeah you can have an opinion but if you read what people have said most that have not ridden the RC or 1000rr state that right up front...you did not. BTW, the RC turns in better than a lot of bikes and smoothness comes from the rider!
    ok so im wrong on the turn in.

engine smoothness - why do i hear it all the time? "the new so and so bike engine is very smooth... blah blah..." so if it's up to the rider then why does it matter if it has butterfly TB, dual injectors, PCIII, etc.?

i never care for the RC but just to say i have ridden one im gonna test ride one this weekend. there are two RCs owners in my local group and i dont see any problem with borrowing one for a quick spin.

"fuckit!"

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    i never care for the RC but just to say i have ridden one im gonna test ride one this weekend. there are two RCs owners in my local group and i dont see any problem with borrowing one for a quick spin.
    Be careful it doesn't steal your heart...you may be seduced by the Force...

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

if your looking for the low end go twin all the way

but if you can ride as many bikes as people will let you, because most dealers say NOOOO test rides. just remember, you bone it you own it

and no i never remembered to save your # so if you wanna ride you'll have to call me or shoot me a PM with your #

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    1 last bit of input...

R6's are a great trackbike. given what I've heard I would never buy one for the street (can you say no midrange?)... and I'm not mentioning the nasty little problem they have when lowsided (we all saw it at loudon last weekend... they like to burn)

i bought my RC last august, before i bought it i was completely sold on an 05 zx-10 w/ pipe & powercommander. i took the zx out for a test ride, it was awe-inspiring. then the salesman (a friend), knowing that the RC was one of my all-time favorites let me take it out just so i could say i'd ridden one. i had no intentions of buying it. i literally got 100ft from the shop and thought "oh fuck, now i have to buy this thing". i rode it around the rt2/128 interchange for fun, but it was sold long before i got there... there's just something intangible about a big twin, you either like it or you dont. i got back and told the salesman to have it ready that i was picking it up the next night (and that he needed to include a corbin, i like them ).

you're welcome to take mine for a quick rip, gentleman's agreement applies (you break/scratch/damage it you replace it). also i still haven't tuned the suspension so it doesn't handle like it will when i stop being lazy and the shifter is upside-down...
    ..Thanks for the generous offer but I'm afraid that after a quick ride, i'm gonna ask ya to sell it to me..
    don't have an RC51 nor do I have a 1000rr so take this for what it is worth.

My Ducati is my Twin and I love it, lots of torque, plenty of top end (for me 150 is fast enough) and drop dead looks, I won't trade it for anything...

The closest thing I have had to a 1000 inline 4 was my ZX7, it was a pig and it was scary fast. I can not imagine getting EVERYTHING out of it. Hell I can't get everything out of my Hawk GT!

A GSXR 750 is even overkill to me! Read some of the road tests in the magazines. Guys MUCH smarter than I are even saying you don't need more than a 600 on the street. If I was to buy a NEW bike it would be a toss up between a 600rr and a Sport tourer ( I would still have the Ducati)

On another note... I think V-twins are more forgiving and make a good rider a great rider.
    I agree Doc, i want to try them out to see my ability to handle them. If they have too much power, I'm gonna go for the 750 Gixxer..

if your looking for the low end go twin all the way

but if you can ride as many bikes as people will let you, because most dealers say NOOOO test rides. just remember, you bone it you own it

and no i never remembered to save your # so if you wanna ride you'll have to call me or shoot me a PM with your #
    I'll drop ya a call tomorrow afternoon, hope u're not busy then....

....Peace through superior power...
    ....I'd rather run the red light than lose to the next guy.
    .. Yes... I'm Asian and ...Um No I dont know Kungfu....

00 accord V6 ...buh bye
    95 SE integra ....fun ride
    01 f4i ....my real toy....

Re: RC51 Vs Cbr 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Give me a couple of days to get a good reply in. Ive been working from 10am-2am and its not going to stop any time soon. Think about how you want to ride. I love my RC. I think knowing and I know now I would still have bought it. The bike has been a pleasure to ride and a lot of fun modding up. Mine pretty much has everything done to it.

Scott (SMF) has been on my bike around the track. He seems to think it needs a steering damper but I dont completely agree. It would benefit from it like any bike but its also set up pretty loose. Its just something you have to get used to. Heres one of my gimp laps around Loudon on it. MySpace Videos: Clean lap around NHIS by James

Anyway off to sleep. ANy questions let me know. Ill try and get a better reply in this weekend.

Bump for track days...

I'm lucky to say that I've owned both within this one year.

I had an SP1 a few years ago, sold it because i was starting a business, then this year I bought a 2007 CBR1000rr. I looked for a long time for a new bike. I considered virtually everything including the 1098. I had ridden a new GSXR1000, ZX10, CBR1000rr, Mille R, almost everything. I decided to get the CBR1000rr for a couple of reasons.

I was always a fan of Honda motorcycles. I wanted to stay with what worked for me. I thought that the philosophy of the company that brought me the RC51 would have made the CBR a ringer. Newer, lighter, more powerful. Perfect, I thought.

I owned the CBR for 3 months. I put about 8k on it within that time. Some guys here will tell you. I hit every group ride, rode to Maine on a whim, everywhere. I had some major complaints at first.

The bike had a very rough feeling to it at 5k rpm. Something actually felt wrong, although nothing was wrong. A high freq vibration permiated my bones to the point where I bought new gloves, bigger bar weights, larger grips.. still the hands went numb. The position just was never right also.

Another complaint was that I smelled like exhaust whenever I arrived at my destination. Come to learn that the underseat exhaust causes reversion over your head and you inhale a lot of exhaust at city speeds.

The engine had crazy power. We dynoed it on our shop's Dyno Dynamics LB450 and it made 161hp to the wheel. That's as much as a stock Subaru WRX.

In the rain the bike would spin the rear wheel in 3rd. I felt always like this was the bike that was going to kill me. I never enjoyed the sound from the motor, never enjoyed what I thought was going to be smooth revving I-4 noise. I was bored fast. Handling wise, the CBR did everything perfectly. It revealed no quirks, never tried to bite me once. Other than the engine and the boring paint job it was perfect. That's a high mark from me.

On rides with Vtwin attendees I'd get serious jealousy. I missed the torque, the sound everything. It came to the point where I had to get out of the bike. For me to make a big purchase like this is one thing but to come clean with myself and admit that it was a mistake was breaking new ground.

I shopped around and found a used, stock SP2 at South Shore and did a trade which left me net-positive. A 2007 for a 2003. I was never happier. I feared that the RC had become something better than it actually was in my head. I thought after the trade was in process that the RC could feel like a dinosaur.

Well, one ride confirmed that all the trouble, the lost money and time was worth it. The RC feels just as light, although I think it's heavier. I can ride the bike much closer to the limit than the CBR. It handles better than the SP1 ever did, it's narrower than the CBR and my hands don't fall asleep. I rode the bike until Jan 1 this year putting about 10k on it. The RC is a special machine. It's great at the track and has a lot to reveal even for an experienced rider. The RC made 132hp on our dyno. I did the flapper removal, revised rev limit and Arrow twin ti- high pipes. The sound is back.

Cliffs notes RC>CBR.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    Bump for track days...
    Old post but Im working on scheduling my track days right now. I should know by next week what I can do this year. Im shooting for at least four. Ill have the RC up there and my new toy which Ill post photos up tomorrow.

James

Another vote for the RC51. Had the inline fours...very nice, I like them. I also like the V-Twin, better.....

Just made a deal for another inline 4 literbike, but totally plan to keep the 51!!

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

So funnyguy - man what did you buy???????

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

i have a ball on my SV650S

i can only imagine what more aggressive ergos and another 100% boost in hp can do. kinda looks just a smidge better, but shhhh

i don't like LCD tachs, though, but i'm sure if the RCs are as wonderful as everyone says, that could never be a dealbreaker.

i'll own one someday....

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

This was my CBR-

This is my SP2 RC-51 (sort of under the knife)

Overlays of the two dyno charts we did.

Hey agraba
    I know you said something about issues with the CBR ->like sand in your vag<- Did you put a PCIII in it? The PC definately would have taken care of the glitch at 5K, I know your's is gone now, O well. I was disappointed with mine (stock 04, 138hp and 69t, add PC 150.7hp and smooth flat torque curve up to 74.4) until the PCIII. felt like a new bike after

We dynoed it on our shop's Dyno Dynamics LB450 and it made 161hp to the wheel
    What have you done to the RC to make those numbers? Dyno #'s look like it made 128 rwhp and 85 -88 tq?????WOW

Last edited by The Crashing Tomato; 01-22-08 at 04:43 PM.
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Uh, check the other side of the graph... Those are the torque lines. The RC signed off at 128 HP.

Paul_E_D

soooo what is the torque ..... 80 - 90

I hate red and green graphs

The rule is:

Looks like Paul fielded that one for me.

Red is the color of sand in my vag'

Green is the color of money I'm glad I didn't waste on the CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by selltekk View Post
    Just curoius about this... What is the facination with the V-twins (Like the RC) Is it just the low end power? Or is there some other benefit that I am unaware of?
    "some other benefit that I am unaware of" = yes
    V-twins have a different vibe, they feel more alive. You feel a primal heartbeat, instead of the more sterile buzz of an I4. It's a visceral experience, and you'll know it if you feel it, but it doesn't have much to do with the spec sheets or a technical advantage one way or the other.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

hey, we got a member that works at DSG? my brother was just there last week getting his '07 wrx wrb wagon dyno tuned. he said nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    "some other benefit that I am unaware of" = yes
    V-twins have a different vibe, they feel more alive. You feel a primal heartbeat, instead of the more sterile buzz of an I4. It's a visceral experience, and you'll know it if you feel it, but it doesn't have much to do with the spec sheets or a technical advantage one way or the other.
    It's funny how people are different because the twins have never gave me that visceral thrill that an I-4 does when you have the thottles wide open. After riding larger I-4 bikes the twins just feel underwhelming.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    It's funny how people are different because the twins have never gave me that visceral thrill that an I-4 does when you have the thottles wide open. After riding larger I-4 bikes the twins just feel underwhelming.
    After getting to ride the new Gixxer 1k, and using that as a benchmark, I still wouldn't give up my TLR. Sure the Gixxer handles better, and has a wicked hit on top, but torque is right out of the cellar for the Twin, The Gixxer a little later.
    I've ridden Busa's too same result, but the big I4's just horsepower their way into the crazy zone! Granted, my TLR has a little work, but still, I like the way the power is put down by the twins.
    Now, Suzuki...gimme a 1200 cc TWIN!

BTW, the '07 RR is the one you want not the earlier ones.

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

BTW, the '07 RR is the one you want not the earlier ones.
    +1

although my 04 will still do 65 easily with 17K on the o d and several TD under the belt

Honda should produce the this

or this

and I will become a disciple of the 2bigjugbug or..... the great and mighty V4bug but until then I wil enjoy my baby v in my hawk

The rule is:

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    I'm sure an I-4 could thrill me, but it feels like love with a twin

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Posting Freak

It's really just a matter of taste I think.
    I've ridden a few of the newer 1k's and they are amazing, they really are.
    For me there is something about a V-Twin that just puts more of a smile on my face when I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    but torque is right out of the cellar for the Twin
    Out of curiosity, when you are just putting around, what's the minimum RPMs you need to move around effectively? On the 12, I can stay at a little over 2K if I am gentle with the throttle but I need to be over 3K before I can open it up fully.

I think part of the reason I-4s get a bad rap for torque is because 1st gear has gotten so tall in these bikes to take advantage of the top end power that you have to be moving at a decent clip before the engine really starts generating torque.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast