Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anyone interested in participating in gymkhana?

Anyone interested in participating in gymkhana?

Hey guys - I just signed up to this forum. I frequent ZRXOA.org forums but I wanted to get in touch with riders closer to home in the hopes of finding a gymkhana event or getting one set up.

Whether they'll admit it or not, many riders are not very good at low-speed turning, breaking and maneuvering. Gymkhana (or as I like to call it: Parking lot racing!) is a great way to hone those every-day skills you use on the street and of course - hang out with other riders. We've all seen the videos of wicked good Japanese dudes whipping around cones but there's barely anyone doing it in the states. Although it's possible I'm just out of touch with motorcycle events in New England. Have there been any Gymkhana events in recent history around here?

Is anyone here even interested in participating in a Gymkhana event? I'm trying to figure out if there's enough interest in it to get one started somewhere in MA or NH. Is there anyone here interested in helping to organize a gymkhana event? Does anyone here know the organizers of MCN in Lowell? Anyone working for Ironstone Ventures? Maybe they'd help out? I don't know I'm just shooting in the dark right now but it can't be that hard - we need some cones, a parking lot, and a way to spread the word. Who's with me?

Some links for you if I've got your attention:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Anyone interested in participating in gymkhana?

In! P M sent

I don't know about participating, but I'd certainly love to watch. I'd consider participating, but the idea of dropping my bike because I know my skill level doesn't thrill me .

StumpyNB
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Steve here, the owner of MotorCycleNight (MCN) you can email me or call me from our web site New England Motorcycle Events, Shows, Gatherings, Lowell, MA | MotorcycleNight® glad to talk.

Welcome to the forum!

Steve and Heather
    Motorcyclenight.com