Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 21 of 21

Knew there was a reason

  1. #1
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,701

    Knew there was a reason


    Knew there was a reason not to take my battery out!

    Rode to work today... its nice to make sure that the
    clutch hand and throttle hand still talk to one another!

    Only bummer is all the pot holes around Boston.
    Anyone else riding?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by akira700; 01-07-08 at 09:25 AM.
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  2. #2
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,270

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    3/4 of my commute is on solid ice and snow. Hasn't even turned to slush yet.

    I'll wait a while more.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  3. #3
    Lifer LuvDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ashland, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    I saw someone on a red Ninja 650 yesterday riding in my town.

    I may pull the bike out tomorrow for the commute.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

  4. #4
    Back marker... jwm2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,277

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Tuesday is the day to ride....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Johnny

    Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

  5. #5
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    I'm jealous

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,104

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Tuesday is the day to ride....
    +1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105 : AMA, ASRA, CCS South East, and WERA
    2014 ASRA SuperStock National Champion - Amateur Division
    Thanks to my sponsors: Motul, Michelin/STS, K&N, Woodcraft, Yoshimura R&D All Balls Racing, Galfer, Sidi Boots, Vortex

  7. #7
    Lifer mycirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Whitinsville, MA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,623

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    I took the KLR to the end of the street and back just to run it and get it up to temp. Its ready to go if I get the bug. The RC is tucked away waiting to get torn down and put a new rear calipar on and do an oil change and deep cleaning. It is nice out. I even swept the garage too.

    Bruce

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    I even swept the garage too.

    Bruce
    Man! Swept the garage!

    that means you got to take the RC out for a mad spin to celebrate!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  9. #9
    Expatriated to Seoul spicy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reading-> 서올특별시 강남구
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    yep, hopefully i'll be installing fairings tomorrow morning and riding tomorrow afternoon/evening...

    don't forget to renew the registration though -- i need to do it online before i head out tomorrow...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    ...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

  10. #10
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Gonna give the CBR the 'SHOCKER' tomorrow morning!

    and to think Tuesday is "Matt should take an extra long lunch" day at work


    Hey spicy don't forget ...if you do renew online you don't get the reggie for the year '08 for the plate until a week or two after

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  11. #11
    Just Registered schleppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beverly, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,307

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    My bike is trapped in my shed, in my yard. There is a lot of snow/ice/hills between me and riding. Not to mention having to drain the oil (I overfill the crankcase in the winter), uncork the exhaust, and put the battery back in.

    What makes it worse is that the weather looks like it'll be decent for a few days. Le sigh.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Back marker... jwm2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,277

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    Not to mention having to drain the oil (I overfill the crankcase in the winter), uncork the exhaust, and put the battery back in.

    Why would you do something like that??

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Johnny

    Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

  13. #13
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    DUHhhh mice like sheds ....errr i mean like to live in what we put in sheds. My John deere tractor had a family of 5 living in the air cleaner last winter and were subsequently evicted on start up Oooops

    oil up to top so no moisture can wick in the air space left in the cases

    lead acid batteries last much longer if they are kept on a tricle charge and from freezing

    * the above BS should be carefully considered as just that *

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  14. #14
    Lifer akira700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    in the city
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Yeah I spent the better part of many a day over the last
    3 weeks clearing a path waiting for just this type of weather !!
    Much to my wife's chagrin.

    Now only about 5 feet of ice that I have to carefully
    walk my bike over and the rest is muddy grass.

    Break out the ice picks men/ women ! Get out there!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2008 Honda CBR 600RR

  15. #15
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    went riding on Sunday and today to work. Plan on going tomorrow too. I did not winterize my bike and I park outside (unfortunately) under a cover. I must say that with all the snow the cover worked pretty well. I just added a touch of Stabil because I didn't know that I was going to ride it a week later and I filled my tank. My bike is really economical and it may take me weeks to run through the tank. Everybody should be riding! Somebody passed me this evening on storrow drive on a nice sporty bike, but I wasn't paying attention so couldn't see what it was.
    Dani

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Street Triple R, Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

  16. #16
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,518

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    I'll be riding to go vote then taking the looooong way home.

    Quote Originally Posted by TESTINGurTOMATO View Post
    oil up to top so no moisture can wick in the air space left in the cases
    The only time moisture in the crank will be an issue is if you start the engine and idle* it. That's the worst thing you could ever do to an engine as it does not get up to proper operating temp when idling*.




    * insert "revving" if that's what you do

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Around the corner
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Short version .... we live in N. E. where its 60 during the day and 25 at night, just a preventative Grandpa taught me, He's dead now, maybe I should go visit his headstone just to make sure! I can't even remember what his voice sounded like SAD


    *vhaaat duz revs ..v ..ving means?*



    Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    The only time moisture in the crank will be an issue is if you start the engine and idle* it. That's the worst thing you could ever do to an engine as it does not get up to proper operating temp when idling*.




    * insert "revving" if that's what you do

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    56

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Rode lsat Friday, yesterday and today. Haven't seen anyone else in Boston and the roads are all clear. There were a few folks riding this time last year. :shrug:

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    thrilled brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raymond, NH
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    riding to vote may work for me....

    you are all voting today, right?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

  20. #20
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    riding to vote may work for me....

    you are all voting today, right?
    I voted this morning at 7am

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    I'm Unique Bowflex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leominster
    Age
    39
    Posts
    112

    Re: Knew there was a reason

    I really want to ride, I've been itching ever since the snow started a few months ago. Sadly my bike is outside, covered, and blocked in by a mountain of snow and ice >.< ...I hate living in an apartment complex.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. We all knew this anyway, but . . .
    By The Snowman in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-06, 02:53 PM
  2. It's almost like they knew...
    By Daytona440 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-04, 01:21 PM
  3. CAN YOU SAY FLOOD I KNEW YOU COULD
    By VIPERSRT1 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-03, 04:30 PM
  4. I knew it !
    By PinHead in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-03, 10:58 PM
  5. I knew this guy
    By RandyO in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-02, 11:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •