Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another Reason to Wear Your Gear

Re: Another Reason to Wear Your Gear

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't manage to keep up on "late breaking" changes in the Bill.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Are you telling me that common sense prevailed?! Weeeeird.
    Kind of. There was a huge backlash from some of us. Apparently shutting down the State House phone system causes enough of them to see the light (dim as it may be) on occasion.

Ironically, by choosing to force the "may issue" part on FID's they may have screwed themselves in future court challenges regarding the whole licensing scheme

Last edited by e30addict; 08-27-14 at 02:54 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Lifer

I'm very confused. And maybe we should move this conversation elsewhere. But I thought MA had always been "may issue" as opposed to NH which is an example of "shall issue".

See gun thread.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

if he was going to take a swing at me I would have dropped my helmet and let him come in contact with that. maybe a few broken knuckles and I did not have to do a thing.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    if he was going to take a swing at me I would have dropped my helmet and let him come in contact with that. maybe a few broken knuckles and I did not have to do a thing.
    Exactly my thoughts too. A full face is a fantastic weapon if need be, and you dont even have to remove it!!!

Thats the craziest story I've heard about a road enraged driver. It goes to show it is never safe to assume that every driver around is in the right state of mind to be driving.

I always give a wave when I pass and make sure to not make it appear aggressive by not excessively revving the engine up and giving plenty of space to not startle the vehicle I'm passing. If I was to crash a half mile down the road I'd hope that the person I passed would stop and help and say in the report to the police that I was not being reckless.

Last edited by Dave603; 08-28-14 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave603 View Post
    Thats the craziest story I've heard about a road enraged driver. It goes to show it is never safe to assume that every driver around is in the right state of mind to be driving.

I always give a wave when I pass and make sure to not make it appear aggressive by not excessively revving the engine up and giving plenty of space to not startle the vehicle I'm passing. If I was to crash a half mile down the road I'd hope that the person I passed would stop and help and say in the report to the police that I was not being reckless.
    yeah, this morning I passed a guy on the right that must have fallen asleep in the left lane.
    20-30 car lengths behind the car in front of him.

Seriously, if you are in the left lane and there someone behind you and no one in front of you...move over.

I guess when I went by, he woke up, got upset that I spoiled his nap or text conversation or whatever and he chased me for a couple miles just to cut me off and slam on the brakes. instead of braking...I slipped passed him on the right again and lost sight of him when he tried to go up the breakdown lane to catch me. An 18 wheeler in the on-ramp decided not to let him.

I take 128 from 93 and stay in the middle lane because there are more people in the passing lane texting than people just driving. The passing lane is always slower during the morning commute because of this.

One morning, I counted 17 people looking at their phones in the left lane of 128s between 93s and the Rt 3 merge.
    Kind of makes you wish that their air bags would fail and help Darwin out. Especially since you can't drive that route without seeing car part wreckage strewn about the shoulder every day.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    I guess when I went by, he woke up, got upset that I spoiled his nap or text conversation or whatever and he chased me for a couple miles just to cut me off and slam on the brakes.
    And I'm sure that he still thinks you're the dangerous one in this situation.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    And I'm sure that he still thinks you're the dangerous one in this situation.
    yes, that's the first thing everyone, I know, says when they think of me..."He's dangerous".

Sam

yes, that's the first thing everyone, I know, says when they think of me..."He's dangerous".
    It's always the quiet ones.............

2012 Tiger 800 XC

yeah, this morning I passed a guy on the right that must have fallen asleep in the left lane.

Seriously, if you are in the left lane and there someone behind you and no one in front of you...move over.

I guess when I went by, he woke up, got upset that I spoiled his nap or text conversation or whatever and he chased me for a couple miles just to cut me off and slam on the brakes.//
    Yeah, "Left Lane Bandits" are the worst. Just about the same thing happened today on Rt 1 N, though I was in a company car and the guy was in a purple Audi. He sped up 15mph once I passed him - not a car within half a mile.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Yeah, "Left Lane Bandits" are the worst. Just about the same thing happened today on Rt 1 N, though I was in a company car and the guy was in a purple Audi. He sped up 15mph once I passed him - not a car within half a mile.
    It's nice to see the MSP try to curb txting, and it seems like they're working on blinkahs too. Great. But is there a way to get a campaign going to start enforcing keeping right? We all know how common a problem that is. I've seen troopers clear the left lane on the pike, but the people they push out of the way fall right back in to the left after the trooper passes. Start writing some warnings, an advertisement campaign, and tickets for repeat offenders. Who drives this? The politicans, or the head of the MSP?

nedirtriders.com

I've seen people get on 93 in NH along the 3 lane portion, and immediately jump to the far left lane. No one in front of or next to them, completely baffles me. I think the cure for this one is going to take some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    It's nice to see the MSP try to curb txting, and it seems like they're working on blinkahs too. Great. But is there a way to get a campaign going to start enforcing keeping right? We all know how common a problem that is. I've seen troopers clear the left lane on the pike, but the people they push out of the way fall right back in to the left after the trooper passes. Start writing some warnings, an advertisement campaign, and tickets for repeat offenders. Who drives this? The politicans, or the head of the MSP?
    Are they doing anything about distracted driving other than the signs? I've heard about special enforcement days but people forget about 30 seconds after they're done. It needs to be done consistently or it's just pissing in the wind.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

This one time I was grabbing pizza with Paul and IntrepidSE17 in western mass and a waitress dropped a glass of water on my lap. I still had my waterproof riding pants on. WIN. ATGATT.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post

I have seen the digital signs on the MA turnpike saying "left lane for passing only" and "move to the right".

It does seem to be getting a little better when I make the run to Albany and back.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    This one time I was grabbing pizza with Paul and IntrepidSE17 in western mass and a waitress dropped a glass of water on my lap. I still had my waterproof riding pants on. WIN. ATGATT.
    You never know when your gear is going to save you...

might have looked like you pissed your pants otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    No one in their right mind does this.
    Ding ding ding.
    Never assume the mental stability of people you encounter on the street.

I guess when I went by, he woke up, got upset that I spoiled his nap or text conversation or whatever and he chased me for a couple miles just to cut me off and slam on the brakes. instead of braking...I slipped passed him on the right again and lost sight of him when he tried to go up the breakdown lane to catch me. An 18 wheeler in the on-ramp decided not to let him.

I take 128 from 93 and stay in the middle lane because there are more people in the passing lane texting than people just driving. The passing lane is always slower during the morning commute because of this.

One morning, I counted 17 people looking at their phones in the left lane of 128s between 93s and the Rt 3 merge.
    Kind of makes you wish that their air bags would fail and help Darwin out. Especially since you can't drive that route without seeing car part wreckage strewn about the shoulder every day.
    This!! I cant stand when people dont move back over to the right when there is no body beside them or in front of them. Its especially annoying also when people pass about 1/4 mph faster then the car next to them and it takes 10 mins before you can get around them. Seriously get your pass over with and move back into the right lane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave603 View Post
    This!! I cant stand when people dont move back over to the right when there is no body beside them or in front of them. Its especially annoying also when people pass about 1/4 mph faster then the car next to them and it takes 10 mins before you can get around them. Seriously get your pass over with and move back into the right lane!!
    Your latter example scares me the most when I'm riding, especially with trucks. I don't like being left in a vehicle's blind spot because you wont move your damn ass forward another couple feet. I try to stay back enough not to be in the blind spot, but sometimes there's just too much traffic.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12