Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rebuilding a Salvaged title in RI?

Question Rebuilding a Salvaged title in RI?

Has anyone done this...specifically in RI? What is the process and how hard is it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I've never done it, but I'm guessing you would just get a duplicate instead of rebuilding a salvage title. Why fuck around with all the tape and shit when you can just pay the fee and get a duplicate? Or did you mean rebuilding a bike that has a salvage title?

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Lifer

Originally posted by wylee
    I've never done it, but I'm guessing you would just get a duplicate instead of rebuilding a salvage title. Why fuck around with all the tape and shit when you can just pay the fee and get a duplicate? Or did you mean rebuilding a bike that has a salvage title?
    what the hell did you just say?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

ya rebuilding it...as in buying it at an auction and rebuilding it...

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Originally posted by hessogood
    what the hell did you just say?
    he said..i have no idea what you are talking about but here is someuselss information :

Ok, when I did it back in 1991, you had to get a bill of sale from whom you bought the salvage from, a copy of the appraisal that declared it a total loss, then you need to fix everything listed on the appraisal, saving all said receipts. Then you have to go to the DMV garage on Pontiac Ave in Cranston, for the inspection stating bike was repaired properly, then you get to stand in line at the registry for 3 hours to apply for a reconstructed title.

If the bike was not sold with avalid insopection sticker, your in for some fun. This was teh case with mine. The guy at the DMV garage would not give me the passing grade on the rebuild of the bike because the safety inspection sticker was expired, but I could not get the saftey sticker done because bike was not registered, could not register bike because asshole at DMV garage would not give me the damn paperwork saying it was fixed right. What a nightmare that was. I had to borrow a dealer plate and get safety inspection done then take it back to asshole off Pontiac ave. Good luck.

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Originally posted by bigred875
    he said..i have no idea what you are talking about but here is someuselss information :

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

lol just messin man

Originally posted by Cue Ball
    Ok, when I did it back in 1991, you had to get a bill of sale from whom you bought the salvage from, a copy of the appraisal that declared it a total loss, then you need to fix everything listed on the appraisal, saving all said receipts. Then you have to go to the DMV garage on Pontiac Ave in Cranston, for the inspection stating bike was repaired properly, then you get to stand in line at the registry for 3 hours to apply for a reconstructed title.

If the bike was not sold with avalid insopection sticker, your in for some fun. This was teh case with mine. The guy at the DMV garage would not give me the passing grade on the rebuild of the bike because the safety inspection sticker was expired, but I could not get the saftey sticker done because bike was not registered, could not register bike because asshole at DMV garage would not give me the damn paperwork saying it was fixed right. What a nightmare that was. I had to borrow a dealer plate and get safety inspection done then take it back to asshole off Pontiac ave. Good luck.
    ok so as for rebuilding it...ifit is mostly cosmetic damage would you have to fix every fairing or does it just have to become street legal? What if you buy parts from a private party, like ebay or a forum member?

What if you buy parts from a private party, like ebay or a forum member?
    If it is a forum member then of course it is fine!

What if you buy parts from a private party, like ebay or a forum member?
    as long as you can show receipts you should b fine

02 R1
    06 WRX STi Sold
    01 RC51-STOLEN
    03 XR400 R(TARD) - Sold

I went through the process in NH on a Wrangler. Sounds very similar to the RI process. The biggest thing is receipts and the appraisal report. In NH, you are fucked if you don't get the insurance adjusters appraisal report; its a parts only vehicle without it.

I bought most of my parts on Ebay and just about every part I bought was on a different receipt from a different source. For a receipt on the Ebay stuff, I just printed off the page for the item showing me as the auction winner.

The officer that did my inspection saw the size of my stack of receipts and only wanted to see the receipt for the frame straightening and air bags.

lol just messin man
    Me too

I went through the process in NH on a Wrangler. Sounds very similar to the RI process. The biggest thing is receipts and the appraisal report. In NH, you are fucked if you don't get the insurance adjusters appraisal report; its a parts only vehicle without it.

I bought most of my parts on Ebay and just about every part I bought was on a different receipt from a different source. For a receipt on the Ebay stuff, I just printed off the page for the item showing me as the auction winner.

The officer that did my inspection saw the size of my stack of receipts and only wanted to see the receipt for the frame straightening and air bags.
    ok cool thanks...hopefully that is the case here as well..

Ill add some useless info too.......I've never gone threw this process, but from what Ive heard from a few sources its an absolute pain in the ass in RI

Originally posted by katana0215
    Ill add some useless info too.......I've never gone threw this process, but from what Ive heard from a few sources its an absolute pain in the ass in RI
    SWEET!

ok so as for rebuilding it...ifit is mostly cosmetic damage would you have to fix every fairing or does it just have to become street legal? What if you buy parts from a private party, like ebay or a forum member?
    Survey says "everything on original appraisal must be fixed".

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

"fixed" hmmm...maybe a sticker over the rash.