Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Recent CL activity.

Recent CL activity.

I have been looking for a MX bike. So I check Craigslist a lot. After I check the latest listings I open the most recent so it is "marked". When I recheck only a hour later it will be buried sometimes 2 pages back. And they have 100 listings per page......What I also find interesting is the people who want more for their used bikes than the dealers want for non-current leftovers. I guess since CL is for free you might as well fish.....Advice to anyone thinking of posting. Have pictures. I do not bother opening any without pics.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Recent CL activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    What I also find interesting is the people who want more for their used bikes than the dealers want for non-current leftovers.
    I've noticed this trend increasing over the past couple of years, but its definitely gotten exponentially worse this year. Too bad, because I'm constantly thinking things like "why would I buy your '08 ZX-10R for $9k when dealers are dumping them for less than $8k?" What do we attribute it to (besides 'bad economy')? Dealers being able to take the hit? Greedy individuals? Maybe dealers are in more dire need to sell than the CL individuals?

Advice to anyone thinking of posting. Have pictures. I do not bother opening any without pics.
    That's a big right there. Call me lazy, but I would think if you're not going to put the effort out there to sell it with pics, I can't be bothered to ask you for them. But I'm still lazy, because I use Search Tempest.

I think that they must have bought off of dealers. Paid list. Then add in the fees, shipping, paint sealant, scotchgaurd on the seat blah blah blah. Never knowing about dealers that have cheap prices with "out the door" deals. I was in a nearby dealership just looking at bikes and their bikes were even more than list on a couple of models. They had a atv that was exactly double what Naults had out the door and no Mass Tax either. You prolly figured out who that was by seeing where I am from.

Lifer

It could just be docism?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I was in a nearby dealership just looking at bikes and their bikes were even more than list on a couple of models. They had a atv that was exactly double what Naults had out the door and no Mass Tax either. You prolly figured out who that was by seeing where I am from.
    I know EXACTLY who you're referring to. I even called them on those prices. I asked why one of their 600s was selling for almost $2k over M.S.R.P. (almost as much as the 1000cc version), and the response I got was "that's just a suggested price. It doesn't take labor into account."

Labor? What labor? I guess it took a lot to put on the extra tank pad and seat cowl that they had on it.

I think right now they have a leftover '07 selling for more than a leftover '08 of the same model. No wonder they've been getting so many leftovers every year.

I like my cool old bike. Ericthejet's Avatar

Some people are plain foolish when it comes down to setting a $ figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericthejet View Post
    Some people are plain foolish when it comes down to setting a $ figure.
    I think it also has to do with people wanting to get a deal. They see a listing for 9k and get it for 7 they feel like they won. Or docism...

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Not sure but it has been really difficult to find good deals on ebay or CL lately.

Fitz

honestly i've actually seen a LOT of good deals on CL latly. I'm shopping for a new bike i want to pick up in the off-season.

Yesterday i found an 07 gsx-r basiclly brand new 800 miles for 6K

but there are always the people who think there bike is worth double what it will actually sell for

Just Registered

So you think 7k for my 03 600rr is too much? Dude it is 22k of HISTORY there...you cannot buy a bike that quality out of a dealership with 0 miles, its unproven...that is how I justify the 7k.

Don't understand why the hate, just don't buy it!

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org