Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

how to recover the title for a bike?

how to recover the title for a bike?

I have a track bike that I bought with a bill of sale. I don't have a title for it, and neither did the previous owner. It's not stolen, not a total loss either (I checked the VIN prior to purchase). I am considering getting the title for it. Does anybody know what the process is like and how much it costs? Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: how to recover the title for a bike?

You will have to track down the last owner to hold the title. That in itself is kills most dreams of having a title. You can also take the chance of registering it in vt but that would be a long shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    You will have to track down the last owner to hold the title. That in itself is kills most dreams of having a title. You can also take the chance of registering it in vt but that would be a long shot as well.
    I was told that registering in VT is the cheaper and easier option. I know that the bike is clean and legal, I checked that it wasn't stolen when I bought it. I am considering taking my track bike apart and making it into a streetfighter that I will occasionally track.

Quote Originally Posted by juha_teuvonnen View Post
    I have a track bike that I bought with a bill of sale. I don't have a title for it, and neither did the previous owner. It's not stolen, not a total loss either (I checked the VIN prior to purchase). I am considering getting the title for it. Does anybody know what the process is like and how much it costs? Thanks.
    If it's an SV then don't bother.

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

It must be a 2000 or earlier model to register in VT with no title .

Also you will only be able to register it , no titles are issued for vehicles over 15 years old or under 300 cc's.

TIMMYDUCK