Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

The new SilverSurfer

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

The new SilverSurfer

I posted this same exact thing on SBN:

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, there's a new SilverSurfer coming to roost in my garage.

I just put the deposit on it, and I hope to pick it up next weekend if I can get everything in order.

Details, you say? 2001 Triumph Daytona 955i. 2200 miles. Triumph high-pipe, carbon fiber hugger, silver painted undertail, carbon fiber tank cowl, Helibars, new BT010s (I'm paying for the front tire, they're paying for the rear). $8500 + the price of the front tire. The dealership is going to get the original tank cowl and clipons from the previous owner. There's also a chance that the PO has a rear stand for it.

Who thinks I'm happy? ANYONE???!!!

HUGE THANK YOU TO SALKHAN (SBN member) for taking the time to go look at this bike for me. Sal, are you a beer drinker? You're getting a case or two from me, your choice.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

....................... PinHead's Avatar

The new SilverSurfer

That looks like Razee's shop.. Great place to deal with! People who acually give a shit work there.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

The new SilverSurfer

I wish, it's actually Hermy's in Port Clinton, PA. I'se gots a looooong ride aheada me to go an' get that there bike.

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN

The new SilverSurfer

Sweet ride dude...how ya getting it home?

The new SilverSurfer

Ken Mitchell is going to borrow his dad's van and trailer and drive me alllllll the way down there and alllllll the way back.

Nice guy, huh.

The new SilverSurfer

Congrats on the new bike Sean....

It looks sweet!!

The new SilverSurfer

very tasty indeed....
    i want a tiger 900
    those things rock
    Interestingly enough, this particular Daytona was traded in on a Tiger! I rode a Tiger last year at one of Great Bay Triumph's open houses, it was, uh, different.

It was super comfortable, I could bounce on it like an old Caddy with bad shocks, and when standing on the pegs I'd swear I could hit my head on hanging tree branches... 10 feet off the ground!

Go get a demo ride, Zombie. The Tiger 955i IS available!

Oh, and Josh... FU!

The new SilverSurfer

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

The new SilverSurfer

Don't fuckin encourage him! Besides... he stole it from someone else on SBN. Punk ass.

The new SilverSurfer

Sweet shit, Sean. How'd Mrs. 'Surfer take it?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

The new SilverSurfer

Killer bike - a good friend of mine rides a 2000 955i.

Best part: Probably the most precise shifting bike I've ever thrown a leg over. Sweet purchase, amigo!

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

The new SilverSurfer

Mrs. Surfer is reluctant to give approval. She's resigned herself to the fact that I'm going to ride, so she's taken the position that I should do all I can to protect the family in case of tragedy. I have to up my life insurance and disability insurance. Other than that, she's ok.

I'm really not looking forward to our families finding out. It's going to be a big fukn gang bang on me.

The new SilverSurfer

Hopefully when they see the HUGE smile on your face they'll realize it's in your blood... and will try and be happy for you...

I'll bet we've all had someone who cares about us give us crap for riding... I know I have... Obviously a non-riding family member....

We are what we are... motorcycle enthusiasts... no changing that... gotta love it!!!!

The new SilverSurfer

I went through the same shit after my get-off with my wife & family. They wouldn't have blinked if I never rode again. Within a very short while though, my wife realized that without riding in my life I'd be miserable, thus making her life miserable. I'm a happy-go-lucky type of laid back guy, and it woulda crushed her to see me that unhappy...

As for my folks, I reminded them that THEY were solely responsible for my love of bikes. You see, for my 6th birthday they got me a Honda Mini-Trail 50. All I said to them was, "...if anybody should understand, I woulda thought it would be you guys..." Once I got my first bike after the accident, they gave me their blessings. Now my pops just likes to rag on me 'cuz he was a Ducati/Norton/Benelli guy back in the 60's...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

The new SilverSurfer

Sean, That bike is almost as cool as a R1 tehe no really its sweet! glad to hear your back into the game!