Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Revere Beach

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

Revere Beach

Does anybody go to Revere Beach on weekend nights? I used to go down there with my Z (Nissan 300zx) but it seems like it's much more dark than ever before. Rode down there with a buddy on my CBR, didn't want to stop...

WTF... the next Hampton Beach?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

I Dance With Will

Revere Beach

umm.. more dark?

"fuckit!"

Revere Beach

Originally posted by Kham
    umm.. more dark?
    Okay, sorry... bad choice of words. Maybe more sketchy. There's undercover cops, some people that look like they've just robbed a bank. I don't know used to be a cool place to hang out.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Revere Beach

The NEXT Hampton? Revere beach has been cheesy as hell since I can remember. Mostly high school kids.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Revere Beach

Revere Beach = Brockton with waterfront property.

The last things I'd like to do with my bike are;

a. park it.

b. ride in stop and go traffic (city) when the weather is great.

c. ride on the highway for extended periods of time

2 out 3 = Revere Beach.
    I'll go for 'the roller coaster road" instead

-sedition

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Revere Beach

I live in Revere and I won't even bother to ride by the beach.
    It just plain sux!
    I'm from Wakefield originally and the lake in Wakefield has got some GREAT scenary and alot of bikers stop at the coffee shop (Honey Dew, I think) at the head of the lake and chill.
    There are also some pretty decent roads through Lynnfield and Wakefield.
    Its a good afterwork ride to get outta the city....and see some hot young girls!

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

Revere Beach

I remember going, around 2-1/2 years ago, and it didn't look like a cool place to hang out at all.

It just seemed like everyone (with a car or bike) was a poser, and wannabe gangs of thugs wanted nothing more than to start fights with people, or rob you. Too dark for my tastes.

Revere Beach

I am 32, when I was around 16-19 Revere was indeed different than what I last saw of it a few yrs ago (me and my friend rassling up $10 out of his passed out gf's purse to to a drunken Kelly's run).

I remember it as always being seedy to some extent, that's the dynamic you get when you have hotels that rent by the week right there.

But, to me it was all about the cars on a warm Friday or Saturday in the summer...I remember a lot of really cool cars. You'd have your typical pony car wars, but a lot of cooler older hardware as well, some really nice custom rods here and there. Then there'd be imports but more so kids in their mom's BMW or some guys in an 84 Corolla with 15" subs in the back. Then there were the girls, tons of them with tight jeans and hairspray helmets galore. You could sneak a 12-pack on the beach if you wanted and you didn't get kicked out by the MDC cops until around 1-2AM.

I can't say that I see the same dynamic there today, partly because the trend in cars has changed and of course there's a cultural change there as well. In the 60's, my dad and his pals went there in their 57 Chevys and 400" novas, years before that it was actually a vacation place for the well-to-do's. Now yhou hit that place on your way out of the Lido. That's change for ya...

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Revere Beach

Originally posted by Nazo
    2000 Ducati 996 Mono

uhm...did anyone else catch this? Someone got a new bike.

-chr|s

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Revere Beach

I was actually there yesterday around 6-630, i parked in front of kelly cream, i usually dont stay around too long, even if there are a bunch of people parked with bikes, no one usually initiates any conversation, seems like they think they are too cool with a bunch of there friends to talk to anyone else with a bike. Now wakefield lake is a great place to go, i usually go up there once a week, i know exactly where the honey dew is, but i havent stopped there. Alot of hot girls there as well. If any one is going for a ride up there anytime let me know. I usually try to post some stuff in here, but im usually on zx6r.com (Flipflop2000zx6r).
    I recognize Behavesh, and MnM in here. Sorry to hear about your bike too MnM

BIKE IS TOO DAMN FAST
    04' ZX10R PEARL BLAZING ORANGE, CHROME RIMS, SWINGARM, PEGS/BRACKETS, REAR VIEW CAMERA WITH 4 INCH LCD MONITOR, 7 COLOR LED LIGHT KIT, NOS.

Revere Beach

I was actually there yesterday around 6-630, i parked in front of kelly cream, i usually dont stay around too long, even if there are a bunch of people parked with bikes, no one usually initiates any conversation, seems like they think they are too cool with a bunch of there friends to talk to anyone else with a bike. Now wakefield lake is a great place to go, i usually go up there once a week, i know exactly where the honey dew is, but i havent stopped there. Alot of hot girls there as well. If any one is going for a ride up there anytime let me know. I usually try to post some stuff in here, but im usually on zx6r.com (Flipflop2000zx6r).
    I recognize Behavesh, and MnM in here. Sorry to hear about your bike too MnM
    Thanks....welcome to this site. Yea that place sounds like it would be ok just to drive by and see the scenary (hot girls) but doesn't sound like a place i would want to hang out at.

Revere Beach

i think wollaston beach in quincy is "cleaner". i drive there all the time. havent yet with my bike though. the only thing about wolly beach are the cops. they're everywhere, but they only look for people speeding and running reds.

phil
    89 fzr600

Revere Beach

Originally posted by Nazo
    I live in Revere and I won't even bother to ride by the beach.
    It just plain sux!
    I'm from Wakefield originally and the lake in Wakefield has got some GREAT scenary and alot of bikers stop at the coffee shop (Honey Dew, I think) at the head of the lake and chill.
    There are also some pretty decent roads through Lynnfield and Wakefield.
    Its a good afterwork ride to get outta the city....and see some hot young girls!
    Where's the Honey Dew Donuts? I used to work at the Circuit City on Route 1 and Lynn Fells Parkway.

Regards,
    Mike

beach

Wolly is good, clean, fair amount of bikes gather, Harley's/cruisers grouped together, then sportbikes get together...

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6

Revere Beach

Originally posted by mikem317
    Where's the Honey Dew Donuts? I used to work at the Circuit City on Route 1 and Lynn Fells Parkway.
    The Honey Dew is at the head of Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield.
    Right up by the rotary to get onto Rt 128. That rotary is crazy on a bike too when there is no traffic!! Its nowhere near the Fellsway.

....And yes, I did get a new bike. So I really can't be considered a squid anymore if I own a Ducati....right?
    Squids are only Japanese bike owners!!! Including RC-51's

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

Revere Beach

The honeydew is right before you take the left to go towards the lake.

BIKE IS TOO DAMN FAST
    04' ZX10R PEARL BLAZING ORANGE, CHROME RIMS, SWINGARM, PEGS/BRACKETS, REAR VIEW CAMERA WITH 4 INCH LCD MONITOR, 7 COLOR LED LIGHT KIT, NOS.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Revere Beach

Originally posted by Kham
    umm.. more dark?
    eyes and teeth?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports