Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Most RI bikers are POSERS!!!

Re: Most RI bikers are POSERS!!!

I drive through Oakland Beach all the time....05 Gixxer Black and gray....Your welcome to try and run me down if your so inclined. That rage you have is as bad as any poser squid could ever be! [/QUOTE]

who ever said anything about running anyone down? Not me

And I'm not talking about jeans. You know what I'm talking about.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

08 Ape RSV1000R
    09 Ram 1500 Black Big Horn
    10 Mini Cooper S sleeper (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    My bad man, I was picturing you screaming at the riders, be it out a window or when you're on your bike, and I was like "really? holy shit". Yell at your dashboard all you want. I was having a hard time picturing my reaction if some random dude started screaming at me when I'm taking a trip to the store on my bike and didn't throw on all the gear he deemed appropriate. Laugh? Yell back? Could go either way I guess.
    Usually my fiance is in the car or something and I'm always like "That stupid $@#$*&$ idiot isn't wearing any gear blah blah blah." Some I really do just laugh, but no yelling out the windows don't worry.

I just want to see people enjoy motorcycling and get as much out of it as they can, and I feel like not wearing the adequate attire just diminishes the value of it all because you can't really get there.

I live in RI and I don't always wear my gear, that's because RI is state that allows a rider to choose to wear a helmet. It's nice to able to cruise without gear on. Don't get wrong if I plan on riding fast pace I will wear gear. The other thing is RI really doesn't have many good roads so that leads to posing. I guess you can consider us the posing state.

Last edited by 600Gxxer06; 06-05-09 at 08:29 PM.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you can wear leather thong. that will keep you cool.
    Does Joe Rocket sell those? I gotta get me one of those. For a chick!

Hey, I don't do squid-shit. I ain't braggin, I ain't doin' anything but knockin' on wood. Seriously. But in a hunert and forty thousand miles on three bikes from 1985 through 2007, no wrecks and no tickets I didn't beat in court.

But in Virginia, 90-plus, leather and gloves, and all that stuff is too much. For me, protective gear is about the weather, not whether I'm doin' that squid thang, jackin in and out of the lanes on the Capitol Beltway/I95/128North.

But I have to admit, in a car, 128N is the ultimate DeathRace2000 bike-flog. Not that I'll ever sample it.

I live on aquidneck island, I feel as though your rant is just. Even the 70ish year old dude I see cruising around on a cbr blackbird every season is a squid, and especially the MV agusta guy in newport. Apparently if you wear a helmet in RI you're a total loser. I got my license in RI and had to do the msf, I have only once cruised around at 15mph in downtown newport/the beaches without a lid. Even though we have a choice in wearing a helmet law, I don't feel like it entitles everyone to not wear one. I'm always in my armored jacket, jeans, good soled shoes, gloves and a lid. I think I'm 12% of the riders on the island/around RI in general.

I used to go pose in downtown newport or even out to the clubs in providence because I didn't know where else to go, until I learned of the backroads in Exeter. The most untainted, untraveled, twisty ass roads I've witnessed in new england. Taking a spirited ride from exeter entrance from jamestown up into misquamacut is incredible.

Last edited by Zolden; 06-05-09 at 10:44 PM.
    '19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Man, in Florida, Daytona/Ormond Beach where I've been spending too much time lately, given the season, NO ONE wears a helmet. Not the Harley guys, sportbike guys, no one. Strangely enough, though, I didn't hear of any bike fatalities in three periods of two weeks each this year. I suppose that's because the streets are all straight, wide boulevards, all controlled by lights and the roads are in pretty good shape given there's no freezing. But you'd think with all the old peeps in cars there'd be more, I dunno..

Resident Bodyman

thats called population controll in a crowded region

08zzr600

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Dawg .... I gree with ya.

Hampton Beach NH is not far behind. I been riding since '90 and use to go up to Hampton to pose and pick up the girlz. get tatoo'd, and some other stuff .... one day I crashed on my way up there (was doin 75-80 on the onramp saw sand pile and grabbed fistful of front brake and sent my shorts and t-shirt'd sorry ass throught the air and luckily no cars coming off the highway)

... I still get ashamed to tell pple I got these scars from riding MC with no gear.

I have since 'grown up' and ride atgatt when I ride which is only on the track now.

Funny when I crash at the track I feel 'safer' than if I crashed just one more time on that same on ramp.

WEIRD

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

I have been reincarnated!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Hypertarded

Re: Most RI bikers are POSERS!!! IT'S THE COPS!!!

I discovered the answer today Too many cops per mile

I got in 300+ miles this weekend with only about 60 in RI and the rest in CT&MA. During those 60 miles I passed 20+ police cars compared to only 5 in 240+ miles in CT&MA and 2 of those were doing traffic at a wine tasting.

I was down by the beaches this afternoon and found a nice smooth/twisty road leading back home and thought "nice, a new Rd near home for a rip". I turned off my "new" road and was just cruising looking for my next turn when the blue light special.

First time pulled over on a bike, much more embarrassing than in the car. Fortunately for my I'm connected , my cousins an officer. Got out the fone and called my cousin as soon as the cop was in his car, KaBling KaBlam Kaboom, I'm on my way home with NO ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dawg View Post
    Very few that I ever see are actually look like they are dressed to go for a "spirited" ride on the backroads.
    That's because there are over 400 miles of beaches in this state but only like 8 miles of spirited "backroads".

I have seen a growing number of douchebags in Warwick, especially those two fucktards in my neighborhood that can't wheelie and insist on holding 1st gear to the limiter to make their bikes sound louder.

Are we talking about hanging out while not on our bikes, or riding squid? I enjoy meeting fellow riders, talk shop and check out each other's bikes. I absolutely hate to see morons with no gear doing stupid shit. If you choose to not wear gear and ride, your problem. But why is it that more often than not, the idiot doing wheelies, burnouts and weaving through traffic, is the one not wearing gear?

Re: Most RI bikers are POSERS!!! IT'S THE COPS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    I discovered the answer today Too many cops per mile

I got in 300+ miles this weekend with only about 60 in RI and the rest in CT&MA. During those 60 miles I passed 20+ police cars compared to only 5 in 240+ miles in CT&MA and 2 of those were doing traffic at a wine tasting.

I was down by the beaches this afternoon and found a nice smooth/twisty road leading back home and thought "nice, a new Rd near home for a rip". I turned off my "new" road and was just cruising looking for my next turn when the blue light special.

First time pulled over on a bike, much more embarrassing than in the car. Fortunately for my I'm connected , my cousins an officer. Got out the fone and called my cousin as soon as the cop was in his car, KaBling KaBlam Kaboom, I'm on my way home with NO ticket
    Baller, Nemesis and I went for a ride last weekend, for maybe 2-3 hours and saw only 1 cop.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234