Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

richw's bead breaker and etc....

Break rdy shows $8 bead breaker on the Tire. Only the "cleat" is on the wall the other part is held by operator. Note there is a bevel on the pusher to help it stay on the beaed.

Break down shows 1 easy push and bead is off the tire. Flip do the other side. Note Rim is on a door mat etc. to avoid scratching or slipping
    Tire rib is pointed at showing the little projection that should be uniformally exposed after bead is seated. Note air chuck is used on tire stem after tire shraeder valve core has been removed. If not uniform let out pressure then push or wallop with rubber hammer until bead pops uniformly.

Balancer 2 little saw horses with the stock axle 2 nails hold it from rolling off. Never a problem if tire does not spin easily you need new bearings

Temp wait.. I use masking tape to hold the test weights and positions of the balance weight. Just slap the tire to break the static friction. Take it at 90 degree position increments. It should show no tendancy to move one way or another....done

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i still rather use my vice

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Cool set up for the do it yourselfer.
    I have heard also that the use of a shampoo bottle cut into sections can be a good rim saver when ironing the bead onto the rim.
    I have wrestled my share of dirt tires on and off rims. But now
    I prefer to have the dealer do it. It saves me A lot of time and aggrivation. I just take the wheels off and drop them off with the tires, and pick them up on my way home from work. He even gets rid of the old tires for me. Charges me $58 for a set, front and rear mounted, balanced and disposal fee. Worth it for me.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Thank's 636 for posting this up for me

I still don't know of image unless your telling me its a redirect from like photbucket.

Bead breaker $8 balancer... everyone with a house should have saw horses anyway.... So compressor with tank and some spoons and your in business.

Note Harbor Freight manual changer with motorcycle adapter is now only $100 +s&h. It looks like you have to bolt it to the floor.

So peeps

For the price of 1 set of tires bought and mounted by a dealer you can probably get everything you need and break even the 1st time.

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

i went to a local dealer recently with 4 motard wheels... $10 a wheel for mounting and balancing tires and tubes that i brought in and they disposed of hte junk rubber.

my time is worth that to me.

i dont know if i'll get that deal everytime, but Jim Pigeon is just as good a deal in Manch.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Pretty slick. I'll make use of this info pretty soon. Thanks for posting.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Surprisingly big street radials are the easiest to change. Much easier then dirtbike tires.

You can push 80 perdent on or off with just your hands. Need the bars for only the last little bit.

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Rim locks sux balls

Originally posted by theothersean
    Cool set up for the do it yourselfer.
    I have heard also that the use of a shampoo bottle cut into sections can be a good rim saver when ironing the bead onto the rim.
    I have wrestled my share of dirt tires on and off rims. But now
    I prefer to have the dealer do it. It saves me A lot of time and aggrivation. I just take the wheels off and drop them off with the tires, and pick them up on my way home from work. He even gets rid of the old tires for me. Charges me $58 for a set, front and rear mounted, balanced and disposal fee. Worth it for me.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.