Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What should my new ride be?

Originally posted by zombie
    or a Dr John Moto Guzzi sport
    You Fuckin prick! Shut it!! I's surprised you didn't throw in the Tiger here...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

A vespa is more your speed

Nathan

Originally posted by Half Squid
    I found a bunch of write ups on the K1200S, 170 Hp Heavy expensive machine that still has bugs. Seems there is an issue with throttle responce and smooth handling that BMW are still trying to work out.

If I were to guess on the price I would have to say? Between $18,500 & $21,000 ? Does that seem way off?

If thats the case the no freakin way, For that price I would buy a new 600 rocket and a nice sport tourer..
    Yup, thats the price of em. Once they get the bugs sorted, they should be KILLER all rounders.

Until then, have you considered:

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

I Dance With Will

damn you people!

he wants zx10r. dont you get it? now help him with that. are there any left overs? :

"fuckit!"

Nice Story Grandpa

There used to be always one winner bike every year in the major catagories.

Today it seems if you don't get 6 bikes your missing out

Big End Hayabusa
    Sport zx-10R
    Big Sport tourer FJ 1300
    UJM Fz1
    Little sport tourer V-Strom
    Rural route KLR or super motard

If your near northeast CT drop by Excaliber MC he's got some great deals on left overs

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

i would say the vfr has all the things your looking for. all but motor that is. i think maybe the xx or 12r is a nice compromise. plus there cheap to service campared to the euro's.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: What should my new ride be?

Originally posted by Half Squid
    Can you believe I started with 4 bikes the first of the year, and now down to my last one that could be snatched up at any time.. Then what? I need to decide on what bike, the ZX10 is high up on the "list"

I want something that handles the corners like a 600RR, I want a fast and with strong low end torque, able to carry passengers comfy like a goldwing (Ok maybe not, but at least somewhat comfy for a full days ride) Has to be able to carry soft saddle bags in case of a weekender. All this and still look cool. Oh yeah has to have better gas mileage than the RC's range of 107 light warning and 127 empty! Thats rediculas!

I am not completely married to any manufacturer, but my Honda treated me very well, as well as my Yammies. Except the YZF600's tranny..

My range on price would be between $8K and $13K Tops & I am going brand new!

Not considered. No Naked Bikes, or cruisers! Ducati / Aprilla / Moto Guzzi / BMW Most of the European makes, Except Truimph is acceptable!
    tuono

Bras cause cancer.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Re: Re: What should my new ride be?

Originally posted by Nikon
    tuono
    oops - that's considered nekkid isn't it... dammit

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

Sounds like you really want a bike in the VFR/Sprint ST/Ducati ST class.

Since you don't want the Ducati based on brand and seem to like bigger motors just get the Sprint.

Not sure I'd want a first year one for a sport-touring bike but it it is probably fine.

None of these bikes are slow enough for it to matter on the street... and they sure are way more comfy, longer range, and better with a passenger.

Stick with Honda......

No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

- Mike
    CBR 1000 RR
    CBR 600 F4

Of the litre bikes, the euro mags seem to think the R1 has the best ergos. That black w/red trim is lookin pretty nice too.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Originally posted by cyberxen
    Stick with Honda......
    hottness!!

BTW......I have an EX250 for sale!

Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.....

Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.....

HEY MIKE!!
    Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:20 pm Post subject: Clean and Mean 2004 Ninga ZX-10R For Sale--Must Go...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Located in the midwest--Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area....
    Tom's 2004 Ninga ZX-10R For Sale....

http://www.zx-12r.org/PhotoPost/show...cat=500&page=1

The owner of this bike bought it only a couple months ago used for $10,800 with about 3300 miles.

It was meant as a last hurrah by a true enthusiast...He was actually chosen to ride the Barber Track...but unfortunately, he lost his 4 year battle with cancer before that was able to occur... The good news, he was able to put about 100 miles of pure enjoyment on it...

Now, I am helping his widow sell this mean machine....It is so sweet...a true work of art....
    Trust me, I have two teenage sons and a husband drooling on it...
    So, PLEASE HELP ME get it out of my garage into yours...we will even wipe the drool off...

Asking $9750 or best offer....
    I hear we can crate it and ship for under $500...but otherwise, we are happy to meet you within a reasonable distance to seal the deal...

Unlike the photo, this bike will come with a stock pipe. The Muzzy titanium slip-on is for sale separately. (Although, if we still have it...and you want it...we will throw it in for asking price)

Use this site or e-mail for more photos at:
    ZX10r4Sale@aol.com

2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Honda 1000RR. I love this bike! I came off a 954RR and this thing blows me away. $9163 out the door at Naults in Windham NH.

http://www.windhammotorcycles.com/inventory.html

Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

ZX-10R in BLUE

04 ZX-10R
    02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    68 Oldsmobile 442
    05 Tahoe

Originally posted by Jaynnus
    BTW......I have an EX250 for sale! [/B]
    I thought you sold that?

04 ZX-10R
    02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    68 Oldsmobile 442
    05 Tahoe

Go for the ZX-10R, 04 or 05, in blue or black. Absolutely beautiful. I am also in love with the 04 and 05 R1, just incredible. The XX is really ugly and so are most with banana seats. Stick with the 10R or R1, or even the GSX-R1000 if you like Suzuki's? I know all bikes in the same class are pretty close these days, but isn't the Gixxer supposed to be the top 1000?

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Blue, black, green, they all look good, from a distance. But, Orange is faster.

I'd stick with a new 10R -- the bike is known for not holding up well to poor landings. Of the 'o5 colors, I'd get green.

R1 vs. 10R? I prefer the 10R, for non-aesthetic reasons. However, you should definitely see about getting some seat time on both of them if you can, as they are very different bikes, and very unlike your old R1.

Good luck!

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Very good point ChR1s, I agree and I wish I could have said it as well as you. It is tough to sit on bikes though, because dealers rarely let you and private sellers have to be extremely nice.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

ChR1s I was going to PM you accually !! Glad you Chimed in! Thanks. How is it on long rides ? I am dealing with wieght on my wrists with the RC and my back is arched a tad to much for my liking. Something to consider for correcting with the new ride!

I'd ask Kham but he is much smaller than I so the ride position will be completely different, but your closer to my hight and arm reach.

That 05 Black R1 is looking sweet too.. I heard they are more comfy as well. I sat on the 04 at the last NY Bike show, but not had a chance to ride one.

Hohum, yes I have considered the Sprint. Thats the only Triumph I was thinking about!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

06 Blackbird...supposed to have a V5...

Triumph ST

Hey Mike-
    fwiw...Great Bay has at least 2 leftover STs that are both under $10 K. The 2 I saw (and am thinking about) were BRG and the blue. These were '04 and '03 bikes.

lyle

re: 10R ergos & stuff

The 10R feels comfortable to me, and is really quite neutral, relatively speaking. I haven't had it on the track yet, but I haven't had any ground clearance issues with it like I've had with past R1s on the street. I'm thinking some adjustable rearsets would offer some additional leg-straightening room w/o a problem.

The OE screen works well, and puts clean air around the helmet region. But, at go-directly-to-jail speeds, the blast can get intense, and the screen is pretty low to duck under for a 6-footer. The double-bubble Puig screen I installed works well for higher speeds, but there is some turbulence (but no buffeting) at more sedate speeds.

The seat is really comfy, and doesn't slam the boys home like the R1's slanted deal. 300 mile days aren't a problem, if there's no highway droning or foot-paddling traffic involved. The thing hits 9 MPH @ idle -- not cool in traffic, as the clutch pull is a bit heavier than the R1's.

It could use a steering damper on the shit sections of road around here, but I've been getting by with body english so far. There's bit more driveline lash than the R1, and the brakes don't feel as firm but the are very progressive. The OE exhaust HOWLS, so no need to toss the can unless you want something pretty there.

I'm thinking of adding a tooth or two to the rear chain ring (and a Speedo-Healer) , but that won't happen until next season. Probably be the first street bike I run a steering damper on as well, and may add some rearsets for comfort.

If you do get on one, take it easy -- the things pull very hard up top, and big speed comes very quickly. They're easy enough to launch with their tall gearing, but DAMN do they haul when the tach crests past 10K.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast