Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A ride at NHIS w/ instructor Craig McLean

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Paul_E_D

Yes, it's safest to roll on before the apex in general. But what if the turn your in leads into a much tighter turn? THen what? You have to do what's best for the situation, not what a textbook says.
    heh... then you let him go and since he can't roll on anymore you just roll by him cause you're more stable?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Pridmore's philosophy is that the tightest possible line is alway the fastest. There is some merit to that, but there are exceptions. T1 is actually fastest (for me) with the tight line. Suprisingly, T6 works well with the tight line (even on a small bike, although the wider arc is a little less stressfull) ,

But in some cases, like T12, I can't cheat toward a tight entrance without paying a big penalty in drive out. 1a and 2 are similar. I need a later, wider entrance to set up for an earlier drive out. This is more in line with Code's philosophy (turn in late, turn in quick), and works well for me in those situations.

FWIW the line through 11 and 12 in the video would not be fast for me...

It IS worth experimenting though as some lines are good for passing or blocking...

Paul_E_D

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

yes... they looked like lines i use for passing. if i take that line into 6 i have to downshift.

in supertwins i ran ever line BUT the racing line trying to get around #996

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Why such early braking into 1? It looks like they are breaking in a 3.5. It's a little early for me. Maybe that is why he is taking such an inside line into 1.

Pete look into GP shift. I had the same issue coming to the outside apex of 6. I needed and upshift. Now I don't have to sacrifice much lean to wedge my foot between the pavement and shifter to get into gear or carry the rev-limiter to 8.

This vid is definitely taking some nice constructive criticism. It is also a great learning device (Video Textbook) it would be nice to see the top LRRS racers put something together.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Originally posted by nt650hawk
    Why such early braking into 1? It looks like they are breaking in a 3.5. It's a little early for me. Maybe that is why he is taking such an inside line into 1.

What many people fail to realize is that FASTER riders have to brake EARLIER on the front straight.

If I'm on an EX500... I can probably go to the 1 or 2 board since I'm carrying much less speed than a GSXR1000 or something bigger.

Only compare your brake markers with someone on an equal sized bike running equal times... otherwise they mean little.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

I was going to say the same thing Tony said. On my ZX6, I brake at the 3.5 board, but on the MZ it's all the way to the 1 board. The difference is 125 mph vs. 100 mph on the end of the straight.

You fing guys crack me up .

No shit huh you need to brake sooner !!!!!!! The faster you go. .. Run the out side line more corner speed .....
    Lern someting new every day ....

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I Dance With Will

Re: You fing guys crack me up .

Originally posted by beet
    No shit huh you need to brake sooner !!!!!!! The faster you go. .. Run the out side line more corner speed .....
    what is so funny you git? i can run outside line on my foot and it wouldn't be any faster than other lines.

Last edited by Kham; 08-01-06 at 09:26 AM.
    "fuckit!"

Re: You fing guys crack me up .

Originally posted by beet

Not sure if you're making fun of my statement being obvious... but it was based on actual conversations with many riders... so obviously it was not clear to everyone.

On any given track day or race weekend, you'll hear riders comparing where they brake into a turn... and never once mention what bikes or times they are running.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

I sure would what to be on the track ...

The riders you speek of ....
    & Yes i was making fun of your statement being obvious ....

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12