Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ride safe and be aware!

Ride safe and be aware!

Just would like to wish everyone safe riding today and everyday!!

There were 4 deadly accidents yesterday, one which claimed a old and dear friend of mine in Laconia!
    although I have yet to meet any of you, I always have a heavy heart when I hear of a fellow bike lost.

This is just a post of wishing you all well and happy riding, I'm what ever fashion, and or style of riding you do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jumper mod, kleen air mod,
    Gold ZXR Bar ends, Akra slipon
    Zero G. DB windscreen, Skidmarx tire hugger
    Integrated Tail light, Driven Axle Blocks, Speedo Healer
    K&N Air & Oil Filter, -1/+2 SuperLite Sprockets
    PC3, Galfer SS Front & Rear lines, Shorty levers
    Powder Coating done by, Myself

Re: Ride safe and be aware!

Sorry for your loss. That's one of the unfortunate dangers of huge rallies like Laconia. My condolences.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

+1, we medflighted a kid yesterday with multiple serious injuries after he bounced off a trailer. Be careful.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Wear your gear and dont ride like an asshole. The factors you cant control, hope for the best. Keep you eyes peeled.

Lifer

Was just at a BBQ and heard of a friend of a friend who was killed in an accident in Nashua recently. Sucky stuff.

I personally knew, went to school with and worked with one of the 4 people killed. He left behind a wife and 1 year old daughter so it's definately a very sad day to hear something hit so close to home. He died doing something he loved but it's still hard to take.

Sorry to both you and thephenommatt... certainly not a happy father's day for all families.

Lifer

So I'm not riding as of a month or two ago but about the guy who died in Nashua (Mike). He was one of my co-workers, but no one had really gotten to know him very well yet as he'd just started about 2 weeks ago. I had seen his SV in the parking lot.. it was set up almost exactly like the one I owned about 10 years ago so I was hoping to shoot the sh*t with him. We had 2 new people start who both ride so I hadn't actually figured out it was him yet.

Anyway he died within 1/4 mile of our office right after leaving friday night.. I was fairly close behind him but heading south. If anyone hears anything I'd love to know as I have been listening to shit from my non-riding co-workers all day about how he must have done something stupid, the ramp has a change in radius, blah, blah, blah. Speculation about an accident is 1000x more annoying when it's coming from people who are utterly clueless about bikes!

I think it is all bullshit. I've gone through that ramp many times on an SV and later on my VFRs, I lived at the exit for 3 years and have been working here for almost 6. The news mentioned him getting hit by multiple cars and I find it really hard to think of a way that would be the riders fault for overcooking the ramp. It was *not* his first time through the ramp, he had been riding his bike to work just about every day, so he was quite familiar with the area.

If anyone had gone riding with him I'd love to be able to say I talked to someone and heard he was a responsible rider. He certainly didn't seem like a maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by benVFR View Post
    So I'm not riding as of a month or two ago but about the guy who died in Nashua (Mike). He was one of my co-workers, but no one had really gotten to know him very well yet as he'd just started about 2 weeks ago. I had seen his SV in the parking lot.. it was set up almost exactly like the one I owned about 10 years ago so I was hoping to shoot the sh*t with him. We had 2 new people start who both ride so I hadn't actually figured out it was him yet.

Anyway he died within 1/4 mile of our office right after leaving friday night.. I was fairly close behind him but heading south. If anyone hears anything I'd love to know as I have been listening to shit from my non-riding co-workers all day about how he must have done something stupid, the ramp has a change in radius, blah, blah, blah. Speculation about an accident is 1000x more annoying when it's coming from people who are utterly clueless about bikes!

I think it is all bullshit. I've gone through that ramp many times on an SV and later on my VFRs, I lived at the exit for 3 years and have been working here for almost 6. The news mentioned him getting hit by multiple cars and I find it really hard to think of a way that would be the riders fault for overcooking the ramp. It was *not* his first time through the ramp, he had been riding his bike to work just about every day, so he was quite familiar with the area.

If anyone had gone riding with him I'd love to be able to say I talked to someone and heard he was a responsible rider. He certainly didn't seem like a maniac.

Mike was the person I was referring to. I never got the chance to ride with him we just talked bikes but he was definitely an experienced rider and certainly not a maniac he always had his gear on when I used to see him riding around campus. I'd like to know what happened to but I feel like we're never gonna know what happened. I don't think it was something stupid he did he rode that bike everywhere but sometimes things are just out of your control and freak stuff happens. People shouldn't blame him especially if they don't ride they should just remember him as the great friend, father and husband he was. He will truly be missed by a lot of people.