Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

  1. #1
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?


    I don't know what to do guys, please help me out. Next Monday I've got to be in court to tell the judge a whole lot of stuff. If I tell him the truth he's gonna chuck me in jail for lying I'm sure.

    Let me tell you what really happened and then you can judge for yourself if you would tell him the truth.
    Now I know it sounds a bit stupid, but when I was a kid walking home from school, I used to look ahead and see if any cars were coming and then I used to close my eyes and take ten steps and see if I walked into anything. The longer I did it, the better I got and eventually I could walk all the way home with my eyes closed. I used to count the steps on the way and knew exactly after how many steps to turn right and left and all that. The benefit of this exercise was clear - while other guys were using up their eyesight, I was saving mine.

    As I got older, I got a bicycle and I also learned to ride with my eyes closed. I counted the peddle turns I had to make along each road and except for the time when I crashed into traffic-cop's bike parked outside the roadhouse where he was secretly manning a speed trap, I never had one crash. I became very good at riding without looking and I think I once worked out that I had saved 25 and a half days worth of eyesight by the time I finally left school.

    Now, riding a bike with your eyes closed takes a lot of guts and to tell the truth in the early days most of the time when I rode, my eyes were very wide open for a long time even after I'd gotten off the bike mainly because the RD350 I used to ride had wiring which caught fire and when it idled it used to idle on 1 cylinder and when you accelerated it would suddenly go onto 2 cylinders and zoom off like a rocket. But even so, within a few short months I learnt to count how many splutters the bike made before I had to turn left or right and all that sort of thing.

    Now, I have always kept this finely honed skill of mine quiet from the rest of the world because all my other buddies would always laugh at me. But, all along secretly every chance I got, I rode with my eyes closed and each time I was able to extend the distance I rode. I got so good that I developed a sort of sixth sense that warned me if any danger was approaching. Each time I got a chance, I extended my previous record for riding with my eyes closed and last year I got the record all the way up to 33 miles on 95 south through providence, etc before I chickened out.

    Now one thing you must understand is that while I'm riding, there is always a very strong urge to open my eyes to see what is going on around me, but then I'd be behaving like a squid and wouldn't be able to break my old record, so I always keep my eyes tightly closed and keep on going. The advantage of learning to ride with my eyes closed is that I have also learned to ride as fast as I want at night with my lights off and not have to worry about hitting anything in the dark. Instinctively I've learnt where to turn and in fact these days I am so good that I can ride the 22 miles from my house to work with a blind-fold on in the traffic keeping up an average of 85mph

    Ya ya, I know its hard to believe that I'm telling the truth, but I'm telling all you guys about this secret skill of mine because then you would understand the background to what happened to me last Friday and why they want to see me in court.

    Anyway, I had been working late so I got onto the R6 and headed out into the dark. Now, since its Friday night and the chances of coming across drunk drivers are quite high, I decided that it's a good time to test my sixth sense ability to miss cars in the dark and also then I would get a chance to stop at the pub which was exactly 39 miles away and which would then also mean that if I made it all the way I would break my previous record.

    I was scooting along quite happily with my lights off doing about 120mph in the dark when I hear this siren coming up behind me. Well, I did the normal thing any biker would do and opened the throttle a little wider. Soon the siren grew quieter and after a while I couldn't hear it anymore and so I continued on my way. In my mind I worked out that I was at the 20 mile mark. The next thing I hear is gun shots and in my mind I worked out that I'm pretty near Taunton and that the sound of gunfire is quite normal. I took the next off-ramp towards the pub and my new record with my eyes tightly shut. The noise from inside the pub was quite clear as I stopped. Slowly I opened my eyes and focussed on the odo to check my mileage. 39 miles on the dot!

    I was still smiling to myself ordering a beer when two cops dive-tackled me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Crash Dummy Denno; 11-27-07 at 08:52 AM.
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  2. #2
    Lifer JohnnyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westborough, MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,182

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    I'm speachless...

    Whether you wrote that or stole the story from somewhere, I'm almost certain you're certifiably retarded

    P.S. good luck next season. Now you just gotta see how many times you can make it around Louden with your eyes closed

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Member zachary6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    arlington MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    138

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Please tell me this is a joke? You are certifiable! the fact that you have a license is beyond comprehension, however I do applaud you riding a motorcycle because at this rate it may be the fastest way to take you out of the gene pool.
    Please tell me you have not reproduced!
    BTW the R6 is not fast enough, have you thought of a Busa?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I piss excellence!

  4. #4
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Waterbury, VT
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,135

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    I'm calling BS...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

    For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

  5. #5
    Resident Turkey Tricky Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The burbs... where dreams go to die
    Posts
    5,952

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Ooooh... wait, wait.
    I fixed it.
    It's better now:

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Lifer JohnnyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westborough, MA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,182

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    That's awesome

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  8. #8
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,826

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    I woke up from sleeping once on I-95 in Georgia on my SV, looked at my speedo and saw 85mph, I could have only been asleep a moment or maybe as many as 10 or 15 miles

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  9. #9
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,366

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    I saw a guy asleep on his moto on 91 south once! I woke him up with my horn.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  11. #11
    Lifer s a x m a n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lee, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,730

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    I don't know what to do guys, please help me out. Next Monday I've got to be in court to tell the judge a whole lot of stuff. If I tell him the truth he's gonna chuck me in jail for lying I'm sure.

    Let me tell you what really happened and then you can judge for yourself if you would tell him the truth.
    Now I know it sounds a bit stupid, but when I was a kid walking home from school, I used to look ahead and see if any cars were coming and then I used to close my eyes and take ten steps and see if I walked into anything. The longer I did it, the better I got and eventually I could walk all the way home with my eyes closed. I used to count the steps on the way and knew exactly after how many steps to turn right and left and all that. The benefit of this exercise was clear - while other guys were using up their eyesight, I was saving mine.

    As I got older, I got a bicycle and I also learned to ride with my eyes closed. I counted the peddle turns I had to make along each road and except for the time when I crashed into traffic-cop's bike parked outside the roadhouse where he was secretly manning a speed trap, I never had one crash. I became very good at riding without looking and I think I once worked out that I had saved 25 and a half days worth of eyesight by the time I finally left school.

    Now, riding a bike with your eyes closed takes a lot of guts and to tell the truth in the early days most of the time when I rode, my eyes were very wide open for a long time even after I'd gotten off the bike mainly because the RD350 I used to ride had wiring which caught fire and when it idled it used to idle on 1 cylinder and when you accelerated it would suddenly go onto 2 cylinders and zoom off like a rocket. But even so, within a few short months I learnt to count how many splutters the bike made before I had to turn left or right and all that sort of thing.

    Now, I have always kept this finely honed skill of mine quiet from the rest of the world because all my other buddies would always laugh at me. But, all along secretly every chance I got, I rode with my eyes closed and each time I was able to extend the distance I rode. I got so good that I developed a sort of sixth sense that warned me if any danger was approaching. Each time I got a chance, I extended my previous record for riding with my eyes closed and last year I got the record all the way up to 33 miles on 95 south through providence, etc before I chickened out.

    Now one thing you must understand is that while I'm riding, there is always a very strong urge to open my eyes to see what is going on around me, but then I'd be behaving like a squid and wouldn't be able to break my old record, so I always keep my eyes tightly closed and keep on going. The advantage of learning to ride with my eyes closed is that I have also learned to ride as fast as I want at night with my lights off and not have to worry about hitting anything in the dark. Instinctively I've learnt where to turn and in fact these days I am so good that I can ride the 22 miles from my house to work with a blind-fold on in the traffic keeping up an average of 85mph

    Ya ya, I know its hard to believe that I'm telling the truth, but I'm telling all you guys about this secret skill of mine because then you would understand the background to what happened to me last Friday and why they want to see me in court.

    Anyway, I had been working late so I got onto the R6 and headed out into the dark. Now, since its Friday night and the chances of coming across drunk drivers are quite high, I decided that it's a good time to test my sixth sense ability to miss cars in the dark and also then I would get a chance to stop at the pub which was exactly 39 miles away and which would then also mean that if I made it all the way I would break my previous record.

    I was scooting along quite happily with my lights off doing about 120mph in the dark when I hear this siren coming up behind me. Well, I did the normal thing any biker would do and opened the throttle a little wider. Soon the siren grew quieter and after a while I couldn't hear it anymore and so I continued on my way. In my mind I worked out that I was at the 20 mile mark. The next thing I hear is gun shots and in my mind I worked out that I'm pretty near Taunton and that the sound of gunfire is quite normal. I took the next off-ramp towards the pub and my new record with my eyes tightly shut. The noise from inside the pub was quite clear as I stopped. Slowly I opened my eyes and focussed on the odo to check my mileage. 39 miles on the dot!

    I was still smiling to myself ordering a beer when two cops dive-tackled me.

    these are the posts that make sponsors proud ... (=

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Just Registered brendanp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Peabody Assachusetts
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,443

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Very cute Denno!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

  13. #13
    Senior Member Rick Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    dover nh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    456

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

    Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

  14. #14
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,170

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    seriously denno... these stupid ass posts have to stop.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  15. #15
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    seriously denno... these stupid ass posts have to stop.
    i thought everyone would enjoy it....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  16. #16
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    I fucking love you and your posts..



    AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!








    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    I fucking love you and your posts..



    AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!








    You are the wind beneath my wings Mark

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  18. #18
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Posts
    10,827

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    All great posts, with the acception of the first one.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

  19. #19
    Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,601

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    All great posts, with the acception of the first one.
    exception dummy....

    oreo, you're right it does feel good to correct people's grammar/ spelling

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

  20. #20
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    i love it... all other posts are just stupid this... stupid that... be creative.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  21. #21
    .... naked-daytrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    11 Wall Street New York, NY 10005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,664

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    who would of thought i could sit in the waiting room of my dentist reading the NESR boards from the comfort of my new Motorolla Q pda..............and post! god bless technology........

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #22
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    who would of thought i could sit in the waiting room of my dentist reading the NESR boards from the comfort of my new Motorolla Q pda..............and post! god bless technology........
    is it free?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

  23. #23
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,170

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    oreo, you're right it does feel good to correct people's grammar/ spelling
    best post you've ever made

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  24. #24
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,170

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    is it free?
    Generally there's a co-pay, plus monthly insurance charges.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  25. #25
    I Dance With Will
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    8,735

    Anyone ride with thier eyes closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by OreoGitorio View Post
    Generally there's a co-pay, plus monthly insurance charges.

    generally technology is nice but comes with cost is what im saying. comon...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Keep your eyes on the road
    By PinHead in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-06, 10:17 AM
  2. Someone in boston get thier mirror busted this summer?
    By Awesome in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-06, 05:35 PM
  3. You can see the love in their eyes.
    By Karaya One in forum Controversial Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-05, 01:30 PM
  4. Poll: How good are your eyes?
    By oreo_n2 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-02, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •