Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Got to ride the ZX-10 today...

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Well, I took my bike to the dealer for the inspection. Everything was fine, they only replaced my light beam.

Then, Man God asked ME to take HIS ZX-10 to the dealer for the inspection....mind you, I have NEVER riden anything else than my lil' bumblebee, so I was not too thrilled about the idea of jumping from my 250 to his ZX-10. But I'm not the type to let my fear take the better of me, so I said "ok, I'll do it, but you know you are taking a risk here, don't you?" He told me "don't you make one scratch on my bike!" hehehe...

So I took his bike to the dealer, about 15 minutes from home, and I did so under a light rain. His bike is not even braken in from last season, and everything was fine with it at the inspection. Let me tell you, I did NOT like to ride that bike. I can deal with the fact that the bike has way more power than mine, I just have to be carefull and be respectful of the throttle and I'm fine. But the size of the bike is way too much for me, and it's wicked uncomfortable! Too bulky for me, too heavy, and I tip toe on the ground. All the pressure leaning forward made my wrists sore.

All in all, I'm kinda proud I could ride the bike by myself around town and not crash it...LOL I wouldn't mind taking it out locally around the house, but it would make for a very unpleasant ride for me to go on longer rides on that bike. Sadly they didn't have my dream bike on the floor, the FZ6...now this is a bike I would love to have.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

My girlfriend won't even attempt to ride my FZ-1 even though it only weighs a little more than her FZ-6. Its probably good though, because she wont want to give it back after she feels the difference in ride and handling. I like her FZ-6, but the suspension doesn't offer much adjusment and the motor is real buzzy, otherwise its a great bike.

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I really don't like to ride on bikes where you have to lean real forward on the tank, it make my back, my arms, my wrists way too sore. My 250, altho far from having the power I'd like to have, is VERY comfortable compared to most bikes out there, and this is something I really appreciate from it. Now the FZ6, I can barely feel a difference in comfort and seating position than my 250, and it would have more guts obviously than my bike! I"d be ready to move up toa ny bike with more power, but I just can't afford buying the FZ6, and my 250 is still in show room condition and is completly paid off. I just feel lucky I can ride, have fun, and not have to worry about payments..

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

All bigger bikes are a bit scarey at first. I think mainly because you hear all the horror stories of people wiping them out pretty easy. I can remember my first ride on my rc51. It was a bit scarey. Its substantially bigger then anything I had previously ridden and on the first ride I felt so exposed on it. After a few rides I got pretty comfortable with it. It just takes a litte bit of time and some clear roads and you wouldnt be so nervous about riding that ZX10.

I understand how the riding position can be a bit uncomfortable but even then after a few rides you would settle into it.

As you said the idea is to have a little respect for the power these bikes make. Once you got all the horses under control, thats when the fun really starts.

James

lol, the zx-10 is (well was till this crappy upgraded one) the lightest 1000cc bike.

i saw in another thread you dont like naked bikes. but you dont like leaned over bikes either. hard for you to find a market eh?

Everybody to the limit!

Originally posted by x2468
    lol, the zx-10 is (well was till this crappy upgraded one) the lightest 1000cc bike.

i saw in another thread you dont like naked bikes. but you dont like leaned over bikes either. hard for you to find a market eh?
    Kawasaki ZZR, Honda VFR, Yamaha YZF...There are those who like their supersports splashed with a bit of attention toward comfort and streetability. Unfortunately, it's horsepower and lap times that sell sportbikes, so with the exception of the VFR most models in that market are just previous generation supersports held over for the budget conscious...

That actually used to be a design goal of Kawasaki, every bike sold was a streetbike first and had to make some concessions to comfort like a decent seat, comfortable pegs, and a reasonable amount of bar rise. Compare the ZX6Rs and ZX9RS of 2000 or so to the R1/GSXR/CBR of the same year and you can see those creature comforts. And of course they got slaughtered for it on the sales floor, so now we get ZX10s and ZX636s and magazine racers who bitch when the new 10R gains 11 pounds

I'm assuming you kept the RPMs low also...that thing would be downright scary if you winded it out compared to the 250. It has about 6 times the horsepower, and weighs only 70lbs or so more!

The 250 has a comfortable seating position, but if you rode something like the FZR, you'd find even that much more "comfortable" due to less vibrations, less buzzy, and more seemless power compared to the 250.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Kawasaki ZZR, Honda VFR, Yamaha YZF...There are those who like their supersports splashed with a bit of attention toward comfort and streetability. Unfortunately, it's horsepower and lap times that sell sportbikes, so with the exception of the VFR most models in that market are just previous generation supersports held over for the budget conscious...

That actually used to be a design goal of Kawasaki, every bike sold was a streetbike first and had to make some concessions to comfort like a decent seat, comfortable pegs, and a reasonable amount of bar rise. Compare the ZX6Rs and ZX9RS of 2000 or so to the R1/GSXR/CBR of the same year and you can see those creature comforts. And of course they got slaughtered for it on the sales floor, so now we get ZX10s and ZX636s and magazine racers who bitch when the new 10R gains 11 pounds

excellant points. comfort is one of the reasons i bought the zx-9. not quite as comfortable as my vfr was but close. a great allround bike.

i sat on all the new kawi sportbikes and i was in pain just sitting on the showroom floor!

ANY bike takes a little while to get use to if you've never ridden it before.

I have a VFR 800, and its my 3rd bike. Ridden many others. First time I was on a GSXR 600, it felt like a completely foreign animal to me.

StumpyNB
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000