Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Another rider lost

Another rider lost

I posted this in another thread, but it was somewhat buried, so I will repost here.

Tonight I attended the wake of Anil Tatineni. This is the second wake that I've attended in the past month, both were the result of motorcycle accidents. The other wake was for Adam Bell last month. Odly enough, I first met Anil on the ride to Adam Bell's wake last month.

I'm sure a few of you knew Anil, as he was a regular at Moto Market on Thursday nights, and a few here probably met Anil on Adam's memorial ride, as I did. He was on the yellow Ducati Monster 900.

A few links to the DML forum I am on, about Anil

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...c,30725.0.html

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...c,30810.0.html

Here are two pics from tonight's wake in Belmont, MA.

I sincerely hope that I will never have to attend the wake of a fellow rider again in my life. Its great to see so many people come together to celebrate someone, but it is such a sorrowful event to mourn the passing of another rider.

I have recently been trying to figure out exactly why I ride, and have been questioning whether or not it is worth it anymore. I like to throw caution to the wind just as much as the next guy, but I am beginning to wonder if the risks are worth the reward in this case.

At any rate, stay safe everyone. I really don't want to go to another wake this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Another rider lost

I think it's time for me to evaluate risk and behavior. Time to reflect while there is still time to do it.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Another rider lost

sorry to hear this tim. this has been a tough year for bikes on the road.

as wayne said i think its time to evaluate why i ride. i went out yesterday for the first solo ride in a long time. i found a nice new curvy rode to rip down. not knowing the road i took curves way to fast and was lucky i didn't wreck myself.

in the near future i will be adopting my girlfriends son and i would hate to have me wad myself up and put him though that. i have thought of selling the bike alot lately, maybe buy a couple of four wheelers for me and him. i also thought about a cruiser. i have alot to think about this winter...

god speed to him and his family

Another rider lost

sorry to hear...R.I.P.

Another rider lost

sorry to hear!

i can't bring myself to ride on the street anymore because of the dangers and the selfcontrol that I have to put forth, and I sometimes find it hard

Another rider lost

i rode by the memorial last night assuming it was a bike night gathering and i even beeped. so it's quite depressing to hear that this gathering was nothing of the sort.

RIP Anil

Another rider lost

RIP..

I just started riding this year and was just about to buy the GSXR600 when I read about a girl whose husband was killed last month too on cycleforums and I just up and quit riding. She and her husband sounded so much like me and mine that I knew it could just as easily have been one of us involved in such an accident. Her life has been a living hell since her husband died and I don't want to put my family through that. Yeah, I know when it's my time, it's my time, but riding seems to significantly increase that risk, much moreso than the other "high risk" things I do like skydiving and flying. I would like to start a family soon so I reprioritized and I just don't want the added risk right now, especially with the riding I was doing commuting to work on 128 - and I know already that I am a high risk because I am a speeder and can be aggressive. It seems like it's more a matter of when, not if, a rider will crash. Same with a car, but I have to drive to get to work, etc - I don't have to ride. My husband's still riding, but not much. I'll miss riding, but I did what I wanted to in learning to ride - maybe someday I will take it up again when the time is right

Another rider lost

RIP Anil.
    Its hard to admit it but riding in this day and age is unsafe. I know a guy whose whole life was riding and making his bike the best and after all of the time and money he put into it, he was taken out by a stupid squid showing off. Now he does not own a bike and doesn't seem to have the urge to ride again. I have been really thinking about myself lately. After being hit by a van this year and cut off so many times reality is starting to stare me in the face and is making me really think about keeping the bike or not. I love to ride and live for it but until something is done where motorcyles actually seen as a vehicle and not just something for automobiles to hit we are all at risk. I wish everyone luck that rides and be safe. RIP for all those who have passed this year and all prayers for their families and friends.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Another rider lost

wtf is happening this year?

Sorry to hear this. Was he on NESR? I don't recognize his name.

Bras cause cancer.

Another rider lost

Originally posted by Nikon
    wtf is happening this year?

Sorry to hear this. Was he on NESR? I don't recognize his name.
    I don't really know how to say this but I road with Anil several times. He was very agressive when I rode with him. Anil rode well but was constantly pushing his limits. Unfortunately 11:30 pm, in Boston, is no place to be pushing your limits. Anil Crashed the same Ducati Monster that killed him about a year and a half ago on Storrow Drive in Boston. Having known him and talked with him at Moto Market a lot, I don't feel as though he would mind if I revealed this. I miss Anil..............He is one of the warmest peeps I have ever met. As is with anyones passing I think the loved one that we have lost would like to pass a message on to the living.

I think you can gather the message he might want to send.

We will miss you Anil.

Wayne-o

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

Another rider lost

The Riverway can bite hard.

-narrow, twisty road
    -cars often drift over the yellow
    -pot holes on right side of the road
    -sneaky intersections and side streets
    -cages making left turns into on-coming traffic...

...not to mention it is a very dark road at night. I've seen so many (car) accidents on the road over the years. be careful out there everyone. I hate these threads.

RIP.

-sedition

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Another rider lost

Very sorry to hear abou this, my condolences to him & his family

This type of bad news makes me heavily consider giving up street riding.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Another rider lost

I attended the service. RIP Anil.