Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rider Down B** Rd. in Newmarket

In hibernation

Rider Down B** Rd. in Newmarket

Limited details rights now, a rider fromthe Durham NH area, first name Adam went down reportedly on a patch of sand on a common 'rip' road in Newmarket/Durham on a Ninja.

I ride this road almost daily and due to the rain the last few weeks.. its been ... well... challenging to say the least. I don't have much info, one of the guys that leads a lot of rides with me was at the scene and I'm hoping to get more info, I do know EMTS and police were dispatched.

If anyone has any info, please share!

Best wishes to our fellow sport rider!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Rider Down B** Rd. in Newmarket

which road? I live in Newmarket. I was riding around the local roads today. It wasn't the one the buffalo farm is on, was it? Parts of that road can get pretty sketchy. I usually ride it in one direction at a sedate pace to find the wash out areas.

I hope he's OK. There are some great twisties in this area but, zero room for a crash.

" In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

I hope he wasn't a college kid with no lid or shirt but regardless hope it was minor.

In hibernation
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme
    I hope he wasn't a college kid with no lid or shirt but regardless hope it was minor.
    ironically it was a college aged kid with a wife beater and no gear. witnesses are saying minor injuries.. cuts and scrapes only

Hopefully he's OK. That road is tight, twisty and narrow. No sholder with trees, walls, mailboxes et al right to the edge. with the steep banking/hills, sand from driveways and what not washes down into the road.

It's a real fun road to wick it up on. It's the debil after heavy rain though.

Quote Originally Posted by FlynGSXR1k View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

ironically it was a college aged kid with a wife beater and no gear. witnesses are saying minor injuries.. cuts and scrapes only
    Cool. Hopedully they don't decide to patrol it more now.

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    Cool. Hopedully they don't decide to patrol it more now.
    I dont think they will. Its one of those roads that runs through two towns, with 'no way out' so patrolling requires them to hit the next town or double back.. which I've never seen them do... Let's keep it that way!!!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Squids ruining hidden gems by riding over thier head.
    i really like that road

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Instinct: TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Squids ruining hidden gems by riding over thier head.
    i really like that road

In defense of what you so-call 'squids' they were travelling within 5-10 of the limit and being responsible. I can assure you his lack of gear had nothing to due with him losing it on sand. I've seen more people in gear go down in shit conditions than those not.

Let's not point fingers at one's personal dislikes of others' riding styles, rather hope for a speedy recovery of any injuries. Ride YOUR own ride, and we will ride ours, none to harm the other!

I proudly rode home today with no gear on enjoying the nice weather... funny..> I managed to keep the bike up.. strange how that happens.

Get well soon rider!!

As soon as I heard durham that's what I figured, hope heals up soon and doesn't lose a semester.

Well put Leaf. I ride those roads often on the way home from work. If I leave early, I always find the long way home on the bike.

I do ride ATGATT though. Dress for the crash, not the ride.

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    As soon as I heard durham that's what I figured, hope heals up soon and doesn't lose a semester.
    Dan says I've met him/hes partied here with us.. but didnt get a good last name from his buddy. I'm sure I'll hear everything first hand soon.

College is out, so Im sure its one of our local buddies..... damnit.... He IS okay tho.

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6inNH View Post
    Well put Leaf. I ride those roads often on the way home from work. If I leave early, I always find the long way home on the bike.

I do ride ATGATT though. Dress for the crash, not the ride.

FZ - its funny how those roads literally change overnight... I never ride it back to back same day.. but I know it well enough to expect the unexpected.

I respect you for how you ride, and I'm sure we've thrown a friendly wave to each other on that road more than once, regardless of what I or you had for gear :-)

Ride on buddy... See ya out there this week I'm sure!

Dan says I've met him/hes partied here with us.. but didnt get a good last name from his buddy. I'm sure I'll hear everything first hand soon.

College is out, so Im sure its one of our local buddies..... damnit.... He IS okay tho.
    No way ! small world, now I really feel bad

In hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    No way ! small world, now I really feel bad

ahh.. dude.. you've known me for how long????????? I have no idea of 70% of the ppl that party here with us are LOL.... small world yeah.. but if it were someone we realllllllly knew... I'd know/Dan would have recognized him.

FZ - its funny how those roads literally change overnight... I never ride it back to back same day.. but I know it well enough to expect the unexpected.

I respect you for how you ride, and I'm sure we've thrown a friendly wave to each other on that road more than once, regardless of what I or you had for gear :-)

Ride on buddy... See ya out there this week I'm sure!
    Welcome to New England, eh? I'm not only worried about the washouts and draining driveways, but the accidents you round a corner and find as well. Seems to have more than its fair share. I'm always on the hunt for danger.

I'm sure I've seen you out there. I wave to them all, and at least the sportbikes wave back! I'll be out that way this week for sure. Finally a break in this eff'n rain!

So, hope that kid is OK. Hate to see anyone have an off. Don't care what two wheel or what they are wearing... it always plain sucks.

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    which road? I live in Newmarket. I was riding around the local roads today. It wasn't the one the buffalo farm is on, was it? Parts of that road can get pretty sketchy. I usually ride it in one direction at a sedate pace to find the wash out areas.

I hope he's OK. There are some great twisties in this area but, zero room for a crash.
    That's the one.

Get well soon.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

In defense of what you so-call 'squids' they were travelling within 5-10 of the limit and being responsible. I can assure you his lack of gear had nothing to due with him losing it on sand. I've seen more people in gear go down in shit conditions than those not.

Let's not point fingers at one's personal dislikes of others' riding styles, rather hope for a speedy recovery of any injuries. Ride YOUR own ride, and we will ride ours, none to harm the other!

I proudly rode home today with no gear on enjoying the nice weather... funny..> I managed to keep the bike up.. strange how that happens.
    I read SVRACER01's two sentances over and over and I can't find where he stated anything about gear or no gear; just accusing somebody of riding beyond their limits possibly drawing unwanted attention to a road he likes to ride on.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Quote Originally Posted by legalspeed View Post
    I read SVRACER01's two sentances over and over and I can't find where he stated anything about gear or no gear; just accusing somebody of riding beyond their limits possibly drawing unwanted attention to a road he likes to ride on.
    And when you go down without gear and come up bloody as hell from road rash you make the accident look a lot worse than it could have been. For example, MattyM went down on our ride last weekend on a low side at about 35mph and he stood right back up with really no visible damage because he slid on his jacket.

Had he been in a tee-shirt and jeans he would have been lying on a stretcher covered in road rash, it really changes every aspect of a crash and of how riders look.

Not saying your doing anything wrong riding without gear, not calling you a squid. Just remember the differences it creates at the moment you'll need it most.

Keep the rubber down and ride on!

hope your buddy heals up quick, road rash SUCKS. i know because i wasn't always atgatt.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

B** seriously? just tell people its real name. Bitchin road. I was laughing like a giddy schoolgirl going down that road. Not a grain of sand in site. Clearly the riders wifebeater added to much speed to his bike. He must have had stickers on that bad boy too.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Get well soon rider!!
    when i hear no gear i assume no helmet. no helmet to me = squid. i ride in shorts, sneakers, t shirt all the time. but i ALWAYS have on a helmet and gloves. youre right though...to each their own.
    i also feel that at just 5-10 over he should have been able to avoid falling down. inexperience? lack of attention? shear fate? who knows. ive ridden that road at well above 10+ and managed to avoid the sand as well as other roads. we live in NH....every road has sand on it. gotta ride heads up around here thats all.
    heal up.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports