Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Two riders down, New Bedford

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Thumbs down Two riders down, New Bedford

Just left the scene of a two rider down accident. According to other riders with them they banged bars sending them out of control. I got there just after it had happened and by this time one of the riders while lying down on the sidewalk had pulled his helmet off. The other rider’s helmet was no where in site. This rider had be launched into a chain link fence and nearly taken the pole out. He was in and out of consciousness and becoming combative which is not good. While giving first aid and talking to the other riders I found out that these other people had pulled off his FUCKING helmet. As most of you know, the big message hear is if the rider is breathing DON'T pull the helmet and try to keep them relaxed and still.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

yep seen this happen in front of me once

scares the hell out me . they all walked away lucky. that day.
    dumb tail gating same lane passes a no no with beat . there r excecptions but not offten
    any squidly moves around beet like this & beets peeling off the pack no excecptions might even get ya a punch in the mouth @ least a good kick in the ass .............................................

ps sorry about them guys rocket1 hope day ok the big message hear is if the rider is breathing DON'T pull the helmet and try to keep them relaxed and still
    & make sure your off the road & out of harms way!!!!!! when trying 2 help some one . we dont need more guys getting hurt . you must first evaluat the seen 2 keep your self from getting hurt .
    im not giving a CPR course in this forum .
    the guys i have meet !!!! know im a little crazzzzy but not stupid
    if theres more then one of ya there 1 should backup the road & slow traffic bottom line watch your ass . use your heads for more then a helmet holder
    beets 2 cents
    carry on

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Holy shit man. Do you ever have a good fucking thing to say.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

The whole point of this post wasn't to get NB slammed, as much as I might or might not agree.

It was to inform those few people out there about the serious injury they can cause a downed rider by removing their helmet. In the extreme it can kill or paralyze. The best thing to due is to try to get them to relax and stay still, not force them to remain still. Shock will cause them to fight you and cause more injury. When they move the pain will stop them most of the time.

Its just when people try to help they can do more damage if they don't have the proper training......

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

Haven't been online for a while and just saw this post...

hate to bastardize the thread Jim but if Jsven007 has a problem with NB then stay outta it... or perhaps if you come to NB let me take you to the gym so you can work on them little girl arms.... lol

and take Jim's thread for what it was .. a LESSON.. DO NOT REMOVE anyone's helmet after a crash unless they cannot breathe with it on or under the instruction of QUALIFIED personel!!!!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Accident report from my commute

On my commute in to work I saw no less than than 10 bikes that were not in any accidents or doing anything dangerous.

Out of all the people I saw this morning, only one person (me) tried (successfully) to remove my helmet. Since I made it a point (successfully) not to be in any accidents and I was not injured in any way, there was no reason to leave my helmet on while at work.

I dunno, this posting of non-accidents seems kinda silly to me. Bring on the negative news.