Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike gets hit from behind (vid)

Bike gets hit from behind (vid)

Glad he "literally" walked away from that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BccVeAurI

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bike gets hit from behind (vid)

That almost made me puke. shit.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Gawd damn! Thsoe types of accidents make me want to choke people! Frigin pay attention!

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...&id=1185417660

Live life now!....it has an expiration date!

Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel the true warmth.

you can see the vehicle coming up on him in the right mirror. i really don't know if id be able to contain myself enough not to assault someone in that situation.

2007 Kawasaki zx6r

The bitch who hit him comes running up "are you okay, are you okay?" and does she try to hug him? At least he had the good state of mind to walk away, I would have probably either been puking (hopefully on her or her car) like Alex said, or putting my foot through her door.

Holy. Shit!

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

"The things in life you regret are the risks you never took"

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    ....There is nothing but love and tent pitching at the BoMo days....

Did she try and hug him?

After watching it a few more times I think she had her arm on his back or the back of his helmet and he turned to walk away. Can't blame him.

I can only imagine what was going through his friggen mind...

"Did that really just happen?"
    "Did I get that on video?"
    "Did she just try to hug me?"
    "I need to sit down..."
    "I need to buy a lotto ticket..."
    "My poor bike.."

I mean really, what was going through that poor guys mind. I'm almost positive the plates were Cali plates, I want to know more, what happened afterwards and how he's doing. That is scary shit.

Ajay
    My Facebook-add me

"The things in life you regret are the risks you never took"

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    ....There is nothing but love and tent pitching at the BoMo days....

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

Been there, done that. And yes, you do want to inflict great harm on the idiot who hit you.

I'd pee my pants... I almost peed just watchin that vid!!

Dumb bitch.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Wow. Just wow. Talk about being watched over. Amazing to see him just step over it like that.

'03 Ninja 636
    '06 Subaru WRX

Wow, and that wasnt exactly a love tap. Damn texting teenagers!

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

old female driver, what a surprise

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Fucked up for sure and very scary. I will say that at least she immediately understood that it was her fault and was genuinely concerned. I'll also play devils advocate and say that for in traffic riding he was accellerating quite fast and braked very quickly as well as allowing no space in from of him. He should not be directly behind the vehicle in front of him and should be looking in mirrors as soon as he stops.

Again, no excuse for it but there are lessons to be learned. Thankfully he was relatively ok.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)I'll also play devils advocate and say that for in traffic riding he was accellerating quite fast and braked very quickly as well as allowing no space in from of him. He should not be directly behind the vehicle in front of him and should be looking in mirrors as soon as he stops.

Again, no excuse for it but there are lessons to be learned. Thankfully he was relatively ok.
    Definitely a lesson to be learned. I'll also play devils advocate and say that as a responsible driver one must leave enough space in front of them so that is someone does decelerate rapidly, they have enough time to slow safely. It is what it is.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by sveesix
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)I'll also play devils advocate and say that for in traffic riding he was accellerating quite fast and braked very quickly as well as allowing no space in from of him. He should not be directly behind the vehicle in front of him and should be looking in mirrors as soon as he stops.

Definitely a lesson to be learned. I'll also play devils advocate and say that as a responsible driver one must leave enough space in front of them so that is someone does decelerate rapidly, they have enough time to slow safely. It is what it is.
    Agreed. However, who is the one likely to end up paralyzed? I'll go with learning how to ride more defensively over pointing my finger of blame at her while being spoon-fed.

I try to always leave the bike in 1st gear at lights with enough room in front of me to move and check my mirrors until at least a couple cars are safely stopped behind me.

That doesn't excuse this asshole from hitting this kid, but I try to practice prudence.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

That's exactly what happened to me a few years ago with the same results. Glad to see he got out of that unscathed, atleast physically.

.:|LaRNZ|:.

Fucked up for sure and very scary. I will say that at least she immediately understood that it was her fault and was genuinely concerned. I'll also play devils advocate and say that for in traffic riding he was accellerating quite fast and braked very quickly as well as allowing no space in from of him. He should not be directly behind the vehicle in front of him and should be looking in mirrors as soon as he stops.

I couldn't agree more. He took off too fast and then jacked his brakes. That's not an excuse, but a lot of time motorists don't realize how fast a bike can stop.

Also, I NEVER pull up directly behind a car. I always try to be as far to the left in the lane as I can so that if someone realizes they aren't stopping fast enough, they can atleast swerve just a little bit and miss me.

Original

busy stop light i always leave room to move to my left and leave it in gear clutch in. he should have in a perfect world gone around and stop next to the car in front or birddog his mirrors and leave time to get out of the way. things happened so fast left no room for error. city riding sucks.

Our friend Ted of NEDOC.ORG was nearly killed when an idiot slammed into the stopped car behind him. That stopped car flew through him, instantly turning Ted and his Ducati into a shower of gore and flying parts.

He was sitting at a light, safe and sound with an attentive driver stopped behind him. The next thing he knew, he woke up in the ICU.

What is the moral of my little story? : All The Gear, All The Time!

Enjoy the ride! Pay attention, but keep it in the back of your head that when your number comes up, there won't be much you can do about it. Ted says his gear saved his ass.

Months and months of recovery later he still limps. When I asked him about the gimp, he told me "Well, you don't just bounce back from death ya know?" or something to that effect.

PK

1985 Cagiva 650 Alazzurra, 1992 VFR 750

Quote Originally Posted by pk4882 View Post
    What is the moral of my little story? : All The Gear, All The Time!
    In city riding cases like this where you might get sandwiched between two cars, the gear isn't going to do shit for you.

In the city a helmet and tshirt and gloves is pretty much as good as full leathers... your chances of serious injury are mostly from impacts, not 100mph abrasions.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    In city riding cases like this where you might get sandwiched between two cars, the gear isn't going to do shit for you.

In the city a helmet and tshirt and gloves is pretty much as good as full leathers... your chances of serious injury are mostly from impacts, not 100mph abrasions.
    My back protector might protect me from 100mph abrasions, but it's also going to keep a lot of things from breaking my ribs, puncturing me, and maiming me in general. Knee armor could prevent your knee from exploding as you get forced to the ground (don't think that would hurt? Jump and land on your knees. I'll take the armor). Same goes for shoulder and elbow armor. Get forced under the car in front of you? I would much rather have leather on the exhaust then my jeans. Good gear protects from a lot more than high speed sliding injuries.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

I see what you're saying, but having been:

- T-boned by a car going ~45 mph
    - Had a car pull an illegal u-turn *directly* in front of me while I was going ~20-25 mph
    - Had a car door opened directly in front of me going ~ 20 mph

Helmet, gloves, jacket all took some abuse, and I'd rather end up on top of someone else's car with some gear than not.

That being said, it definitely didn't make much difference in a life or death type way. One thing that did? BOOTS.

It's surprising how easy it is to get your foot smashed up, my boots saved my feet from damage in each of the above instances where I was wearing them. In the one I was not, my foot got a pretty good whack.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    That being said, it definitely didn't make much difference in a life or death type way.
    Yeah, that's all I meant. Like preventing severe injury or worse, it isn't going to do anything in most city accident scenarios.

I.e. when it's 90 degrees out and I want to cruise through the city, I'm not going to sweat my balls off in full gear, it's just silly.

The armor in your gear is meant to protect you but there's only so much it can do. If you get hit by a car in any significant fashion, you're getting fucked up either way. I think of the armor helping more in a highside/single-vehicle-crash scenario.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast