Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Riding gear

Riding gear

I bought my bike but didn't have enough for any leathers. (Street riding leathers: wanted to clarify this just in case nhroketboy had any ideas) What would be a good but not all out expensive choice for protective gear? I looking for boots, pants, jactket, & gloves. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick

Riding gear

Leathers? I got your leathers you lil bitch! lol.

I agree with Greg, NewEnough is a great place to check out. I got pants and boots from them... very inexpensive. Get what you can afford and then you can always upgrade from there.

Rich

Riding gear

If you know what you want and EXACTLY what size EBay is a great place this time of years as everyone is getting new bikes and replacing their equipment with matching stuff.

Spidi, Spyke, Teknic, Texport, Joe Rocket all make great gear. Actually if your 5" 10" and 170 lbs. RevHappy a member here has got a full Spidi suit size 52 on Ebay right now!

Lifer

Riding gear

Joe Rocket cheap stuff here.

I think I paid $200 for my jacket and $120 for my pants.

Waterproof except for the arm vents, comfy from 40F well up to like 90F in my experience.

Crashed once at low speed and the stuff held up, but I don't know if I'd want to wear it to the track even if it was allowed.

Ben

Riding gear

Oh, man! Ya had to go and say that, eh AMan? I'm not gonna rag on ya, or preach to ya or anything. But I HATE it when people say that! "...but I didn't have enough to get leathers..." Seriously man, FIND the cake and get SOMETHING. You may just be glad you did...

However, I degress...New Enough is the place to peruse. I'll be in the market soon for an inexpensive ventilated one-piece suit and that's where I'm starting my search...

And while I'd NEVER buy anything else from them, Brockton Cycle (that IS the one, right?) has a ton of 'last years' leathers for some good money...

For the top-notch stuff, I'm a HUGE fan of Vanson. I'm walking, talking proof that their shit is summa the best you can buy. And my dealings with service there has been second to none!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Riding gear

Well since we're sorta on the subject.. I'm also looking for a set of rain gear... who uses what? and what do you have to say about it...

Riding gear

For warm weather rain, I've got a Hein Gericke two-piece suit that I've used for years and it's still holding up strong. The only thing I don't like about 'em is that there's no armor...

I just bought a pair of Joe Rocket waterproof pants w/ armor, and I'm thinking of getting a textile jacket to go with those. I'll probably lean toward the Joe Rocket stuff for that, due to the price and quality...

[Edited on 3/14/02 by Stoneman]

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Riding gear

I have a Moto-something rainsuit top that I wear. Can't remember the full brand name but I got it at MotoMarket for like $40 or something and it seems to work quite well.

My Joe rocket pants seem plenty waterproof so I didn't buy the rain pants.

Ben

Riding gear

I think I'm just going to get a two piece type set from wherever that I can put over my jacket or suit so it won't need armor but I don't want something that is gonna blow apart at 100+ speeds or tear the first time I catch it on something

Bikeless Prick

Riding gear

Chip... I'd suggest latex and to keep away from sheep skin. I've got some xxxlarge "rain coats", had to special order 'em. Might be a bit large for you. If you wanna borrow one let me know, I've got a ton of used ones laying around... I can guarantee they don't tear and can withstand 100mph winds! They don't come in two pieces tho.

Rich

Riding gear

Hmmm cool thanks NH you're the man.. I'll take two of the used ones.. they should slip on easier that way... I'm sure if I work out a bit more I can grow into em....

Riding gear

Ok Mick ya made the statement but ya didn't say what brand ya got or where???? I even had someone email me off list asking me where I got the gear (thinking I made the post you did.. lol)

Riding gear

I have a 1 peice motoport rain suit. I got it at Loudon one year the day of the nationals. The only size they had left was xxl and i didn't feel like having a wet ride home so i got it. Turns out it was a smart move as it fits over all my riding gear. I was dry and toasty warm

Yamaha

Riding gear

Thanks for all the replies. I going to place my order for some of the stuff tommarow from newenough. :cool One more question tho, Is textile just a good as actual leather?

Riding gear

I've got a kevlar suit from Motoport and while I haven't crashed in it.. they do say it is as good if not better than leather abraision wise (supposedly). I can tell you it is much more comfortable than a leather suit... in the summer the races just pour water down the inside to cause evaporation for cooling... they are machine washable and can be put in the dryer (not including armor of course)