Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Riding high - rearset height question

SV650 with Woodcraft rearsets - how high/back am I riding in terms of foot placement compared to a race replica i.e. GSXR, R6, 600RR, etc?

I have no frame of refernce to compare to personally. I sat on a friends GSXR750 and to be honest it felt lower than the SV.

With thickness of my skimobile pants my long-ish legs are feeling knee pain in the front of knee on rides over 1h without a rest, especially in the cold weather, i.e. 40's.

I am wondering if I am riding around with SM bars that put my grips close to the SVS and these rear sets, just how much more or less comfortable is this than a purpose built sportbike?

Another issue - for me to engage rear brake, I have to lift or move my leg to engage the pedal, not a natural movement at all. I was going to orient the pedal down some more, this would put it at an angle that is pretty far down however. Am I correct in thinking rear brake should be engage-able with just a press down vs. having to fiddle around.

Thanks for ideas

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

keep tweaking til it's comfy (relatively) for you to ride your style ride. You're somewhere between stock and real racer type position.

If you want knee pain try my 125! My knees touch my elbows and my heels almost touch my hamstrings. I have NO clearance problems though!

In the end, that's what it's about: comfort vs. clearance

If you don't have clearance probs then don't make it uncomfortable to ride.

Paul_E_D

I believe these are not adjustable at all, so they are what they are. The bike is riding high sag wise already, and feedback I got from instructors was that I was hanging off well enough, but I am sure a lot of it has to my experience level, line selection, turn-in timing, etc.

When you say 1/2 way btwn stock and real racer type - are you referring to a replica bike stock or with rearsets? I.e. if I was to go to dealer, get on a 600RR, R6, GSXR, etc. I am wondering if I am riding more or less cramped leg wise on the SV with the rearsets.

Originally posted by Paul_E_D
    keep tweaking til it's comfy (relatively) for you to ride your style ride. You're somewhere between stock and real racer type position.

If you want knee pain try my 125! My knees touch my elbows and my heels almost touch my hamstrings. I have NO clearance problems though!

In the end, that's what it's about: comfort vs. clearance

If you don't have clearance probs then don't make it uncomfortable to ride.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Lifer

You can't tell without going and getting on other bikes and measuring.

The thing is the SV does not have quite as high of a seat height as some of the race reps... so you could actually have more leg room on the race rep while still having the same or more clearance.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

the pegs on the sv are NOT as bad as race reps (rr). although the rr's also have lower bars so you might not notice thehigher pegs. i would adjust the rear brake pedal so you dont have to fiddle. it will look like its too low but if you have rearsets then youve raised them as it is and your peg will hit WAY before that pedal does

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I believe that the SV's pegs are closer together because the bike it narrower so you get the same clearance even though they may be lower to the pavement

on my nekid 99, stock suspension, my exaust & sidestand scrape before the pegs

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON